Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Has anyone seen anything about Eichel's absence from the draft show? Too boozed up at the hotel and they told him to stay there? It is what it is and of course you prefer 1A to 1B, but when 1B comes with character yellow flags and 1A goes to the worst team possible from a marketing perspective, the whole thing stings a little.

I read something prior to the draft that said he had a previous family commitment to attend, but I don't recall where I saw it.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That video of Eichel chugging the beer. All I can think of is "I wonder if at this moment, McDavid is working on his faceoffs or his shot?".

It just seems like McDavid is so... I dont know, "wholesome" as opposed to Eichel. He seems dedicated only to being the best. Maybe Eichel is too... I dont know.

I dont intend to take shots at Eichel. Im excited we secured him for sure. Really pumped. Just being open with my thoughts.

Eichel lives within a small community at BU where everyone knows who he is. McDavid is allowed to fly under the radar as I assume just about no one in Erie has any clue who he is. That's going to have a lot to do with that perception. It's possible that McDavid is in fact the angel that he is perceived as, but I highly doubt it. These are 18 year old kids and they've all got their own kind of craziness happening at some point.

This view of Eichel seems a bit crazy to me since it is based completely off of one single video which was posted online. Everything you ever see out there that comes from the coaches and people surrounding Eichel talks about how hard he has worked to get to where he is. Accelerating his education while playing with the US developmental program should be another sign of his ethic. To try to bury that because a teenager drank a can of beer seems disingenuous to me.

Has anyone seen anything about Eichel's absence from the draft show? Too boozed up at the hotel and they told him to stay there? It is what it is and of course you prefer 1A to 1B, but when 1B comes with character yellow flags and 1A goes to the worst team possible from a marketing perspective, the whole thing stings a little.

Where in the world is this coming from? Cause the kid had a beer at a college party you make the inference he is a boozer ???

BTW, He never planned on being at the lottery.

maybe he was home studying Or enjoying some of the last weekends of his college days.

Man, I am soooooo happy there was no social media/smart phones in the mid 80's, prolly never would have been able to get a job.

Where in the world is this coming from? Cause the kid had a beer at a college party you make the inference he is a boozer ???

BTW, He never planned on being at the lottery.

maybe he was home studying Or enjoying some of the last weekends of his college days.

Man, I am soooooo happy there was no social media/smart phones in the mid 80's, prolly never would have been able to get a job.

I'm still trying to figure out why they had Hanifin and Strome at the lottery... or even McDavid. They were probably bored out of their minds.

Eichel lives within a small community at BU where everyone knows who he is. McDavid is allowed to fly under the radar as I assume just about no one in Erie has any clue who he is. That's going to have a lot to do with that perception. It's possible that McDavid is in fact the angel that he is perceived as, but I highly doubt it. These are 18 year old kids and they've all got their own kind of craziness happening at some point.

This view of Eichel seems a bit crazy to me since it is based completely off of one single video which was posted online. Everything you ever see out there that comes from the coaches and people surrounding Eichel talks about how hard he has worked to get to where he is. Accelerating his education while playing with the US developmental program should be another sign of his ethic. To try to bury that because a teenager drank a can of beer seems disingenuous to me.

Exactly. It was a stupid thing to do, don't get me wrong. But something we all did at one point, granted we're not in the public eye, and a lot of us did it before social media made anything we did permanent.

Exactly. It was a stupid thing to do, don't get me wrong. But something we all did at one point, granted we're not in the public eye, and a lot of us did it before social media made anything we did permanent.

And many of us did it when 18 was legal. Oh the good ole days.

BU had to players accused of sexual assault in one season just a few years ago, both high draft picks. But let's continue to worry about a kid drinking a can of bud light.

That actually worries me. Not the drinking part. But the kid is in Boston with Sam Adams. Drinking Bud Light. :sick:

The kid is in Boston with HARPOON brewery, and drinking bud light (fixed that for ya - although I do enjoy a Sam Summer or Rebel Rouser IPA now and again)

The kid is in Boston with HARPOON brewery, and drinking bud light (fixed that for ya - although I do enjoy a Sam Summer or Rebel Rouser IPA now and again)

See, that's how dedicated he is to the weight training aspect of his career. He's watching his calories with that light beer.

I love Harpoon as well, but at the very least, he should be drinking Sam Adams.

See, that's how dedicated he is to the weight training aspect of his career. He's watching his calories with that light beer.

Actually, the heavier beer is better for people in weight training because it has more nutrients.

I love Harpoon as well, but at the very least, he should be drinking Sam Adams.

Actually, the heavier beer is better for people in weight training because it has more nutrients.

if you havent done it, and get a chance, go to the Harpoon Brewery, very cool place, excellent spent grain pretzels with crazy dipping sauces....and of course, brewery release only beers!

I've actually never taken a brewery tour. I've only started drinking real beer about a year ago.

oh man....good for you, I have plenty of suggestions for you about all things brewery tour/beer in general related...dont hesitate to ask : )

I dont know a thing about hockey......let me start with that.....

Eichel seems like a guy that could star for the sabers for years and years......and you didnt have to trade any other players or picks to get him......

It is in fact a "team" and the better players you have at all the postitions the more a team will win.

Bud Light, Miller Lite. Basically, beer flavored water.

here comes a "oh great, beer snobs" type post....

yes, I/We enjoy delicious beer that is complex and delicious and can be enjoyed in various ways

and if you are a fan of your beer flavored water (thanks Joe) , by all means, crush those beers man!