Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Eichel sucks. Trade him.

I just thought I'd take a moment to get a jump on the inevitable 2017 "post-sophomore slump" rush to say that.

BUST

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not according to any scout that's filed a report on both players. The consensus is a slight edge to McDavid; a 1a and 1b scenario. Now, there's a gulf between Eichel and the third rated player to be sure. But McDavid, at least according to scouts, is hardly "2X the player that Eichel is."

You're right about one thing, time will tell.

When were those scouting reports, last year? I remember the talking heads saying that last year and this year they were saying no more 1a and 1b. it's a clear 1 and 2.

Before the edit, he had it at 5X the player.

Have a look at where the 5 and 2 are on the number pad of a keyboard. It's called a typo. When I saw what it said, I changed it. I'm so sorry about that.

I think if they're not drafted by the time they are a senior, they become UDFAs. The Sabres signed that defensemen from Cali after the Frozen Four two years ago, but i don't know what happened to him.............Happens every year now.

I don't know how hockey Drafts work but how is he an UDFA as senior and the second highest in points, shouldn't he get drafted?

He's 21. For a North American to be draft eligible, they have to be between 18-20 in the year of the draft.

Rodrigues is clearly a guy who benefited from playing with Eichel. He had 60 points total his first three seasons at BU. This year he had 61.

He's 21. For a North American to be draft eligible, they have to be between 18-20 in the year of the draft.

Rodrigues is clearly a guy who benefited from playing with Eichel. He had 60 points total his first three seasons at BU. This year he had 61.

Wow, what a great stat that is!

I'm just so glad this is over. It was pretty embarrassing. Hopefuly Eichel will be a great Sabre but this tanking crap got pathetic. The NHL needs to change this stupid rule. It's awful.

Any fan that roots for it's team to lose to get a specific player is a pretty pathetic fan indeed.

I'm just so glad this is over. It was pretty embarrassing. Hopefuly Eichel will be a great Sabre but this tanking crap got pathetic. The NHL needs to change this stupid rule. It's awful.

They are, sort of. Starting next year, lottery will determine the top 2 picks. We wouldn't have tanked if we were only guaranteed top 3.

They are, sort of. Starting next year, lottery will determine the top 2 picks. We wouldn't have tanked if we were only guaranteed top 3.

Next year, the lottery will be used to determine the top THREE selections. This will encourage MORE tanking, not less. Especially if there's ever another year where two identified generational talents like McDavid and Eichel are in the same draft class. They need to go back to no lottery and just have the worst team pick first and so on.

The NHL is full of crap with their sanctimonious rhetoric about "tanking", anyway. Were the Sabres tanking in late December when they were only 4 points out of a playoff position and ascending before three key injuries derailed them? Tanking teams aren't supposed to be closer to 8th place in the conference than last place.

The players and coaches never bought in, anyway, so again, the NHL can save it's breath when trying to defend the honor of the league.

Any fan that roots for it's team to lose to get a specific player is a pretty pathetic fan indeed.

Although if I thought the Bills could tank their last few games in order to draft someone like Andrew Luck I would be for it. It is a confusing thing though cheering against your own team.

Although if I thought the Bills could tank their last few games in order to draft someone like Andrew Luck I would be for it. It is a confusing thing though cheering against your own team.

Nope. Eff that. You tank you last few games to get a guy who has zero NFL experience. That's even worse that hockey. How many top rated players in the NFL bust?