Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can that be, he hasn't even been there yet?

(maybe we can still get both, like we got Cornelius Bennett and Shane Conlan. Maybe he holds out and they ultimately trade him to us, of course)

The owner of the oilers is actively working tofinancially ruin mcdavid's friend/mentor/father figure sherry Bassin so he can take the otters, move them to hamilton, get the cops coliseum lease, and use that to leverage and screw the people of edmonton.

Mcdavids dad has also been working with Bassin as an unpaid consultant in the legal battle vs katz. I'm sure the mcdavids don't have a good opinion of katz or the oilers at all.

That's why mcdavid looked as unhappy as he did last night.

maybe, those guys are the old Sabres.

Do they have anyone that would make us better that we could trade for?

I think Eberle is the guy they would be most likely to deal. 24 years old, RW, former 1st Rd pick. Has had 65 and 63 points the past two seasons. Would fit right in on Buffalo's 1st or 2nd lines.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474586

Offer Zadorov for him. Sabres are stacked with young defenseman the way the Oilers are stacked with forwards.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

GMTM said "I'm disappointed for the fans."

@sabretoof: @JeremyWGR @hsimon62 @MattBarnaby3636 Eichel reacts to Tim Murray's ill advised comments http://t.co/ohBWw3z0M1

Btw - he wasn't saying he was disappointed for the outcome. He was disappointed with how they do the lottery and how that impacts fans.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Admittedly, I don't follow college hockey at all. Why are people saying that Eichel played against scrubs in the NCAA? Is there any truth to that? I find it hard to believe that NHL talent scouts wouldn't take that into account, so whats the counter to that?

D1 hockey is tougher and better than juniors by most accounts. Eichel been playing agaist men maybe as old as 22-23. Not 17 year olds. Big differnce.

Jeremy White keeps saying the NORTH Dakota team has 15 NHL drafted players on the roster.

BTW , just finished listening GMTM on GR, man I love that guy. I hard ZERO disappointment on getting Eichel, but honest that He wanted #1 ...he's just freakin honest.

Edited by plenzmd1

A fitting end to the tank....The Consolation Prize.

Edmonton isn't a "good place" for anyone. It's the Siberia of the NHL, along with Calgary and Winnipeg.

its a fitting end to the tank because any reasonable person who even halfway follows the NHL knows they were tanking for a Eichel, with a tiny chance for mcdavid. If you personally don't approve of teams tanking in general you are obviously entitled to that opinion, but the tank itself was a success. Only those who don't understand how the NHL lottery works, or who don't understand how rare of a talent Eichel is, would look at the tank as having not met expectations. Edited by YoloinOhio

You've confirmed you're the biggest tool on this site.

This seems like a good place to remind everyone to please not feed the trolls. Research indicates that unfed trolls quickly lose interest and are rarely seen again, but, well fed trolls will continue to post their idiocy again and again in hope of more feedings. Reinforcing this behavior does no one any good, especially the troll who is "rewarded" for bad behavior.

Recuerde que debe mantener los brazos y las piernas dentro del paseo en todo momento.

'Lindros was selected first overall by the Quebec Nordiques in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft. Lindros had signaled in advance that he would never play for the Nordiques, citing the city's isolation, lack of marketing potential, and French character; the team selected him anyway. ''

Was traded to the Flyers
Could this happen with McDavid ? Eli Manning wanting to be traded to Giants
Oilers new arena looks good though http://www.rogersplace.com/
Edited by ALF

No problem. You just seem to be confused. The whole reason people wanted them to tank and get last place was because it guarenteed us one of the two. It was always a long shot that we would get McDavid, and people wouldn't be as invested in tanking if it was solely McDavid and the 20% shot. You don't tank for a 20% shot. You tank for the 100% shot at getting 1 of 2 supposed generational talents.

This. It's like tanking in a year when you could draft Luck or Manning, versus say Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf.

Thank God we didn't come in 29th.

Edmonton doesn't deserve McDavid, those clowns have have had the top pick too many times and somehow their management can't put a good team together, nice knowin ya Mickey D's.

Edmonton does deserve it! Anybody but corporate hell Columbus... Desert south... Heck... Anybody below the Mason-Dixon Line except for a real nice hockey town like the LA Kings... They get a pass cuz Frank Zamboni was from LA and altered the make-up of the game and everything indoor ice (historically)!

Hopefully this breaks the will of Elf Bettman... Start ripping teams out of the southern US suburbs and put them in Halifax, Quebec City... Effing Saskatoon... LMAO...

LoL... Nice first post back in a few weeks... Had to suck me in Barbarian! That Carp Thread was tough w/you mooks! ;-P ;-P

Edmonton does deserve it! Anybody but corporate hell Columbus... Desert south... Heck... Anybody below the Mason-Dixon Line except for a real nice hockey town like the LA Kings... They get a pass cuz Frank Zamboni was from LA and altered the make-up of the game and everything indoor ice (historically)!

Hopefully this breaks the will of Elf Bettman... Start ripping teams out of the southern US suburbs and put them in Halifax, Quebec City... Effing Saskatoon... LMAO...

LoL... Nice first post back in a few weeks... Had to suck me in Barbarian! That Carp Thread was tough w/you mooks! ;-P ;-P

ahem...Columbus is a really nice place to live...ahem

ahem...Columbus is a really nice place to live...ahem

I know! I just have heartburn because they were the first city to whore a BFLO company away after The War... Curtiss The start of the end...

Oh... And think about it. All other Canadian teams outside of Toronto were in the playoffs... Edmonton in my book gets first dibs and Toronto (as much as I hate it) gets second BELOW BFLO of course.

:-)