Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Sabres and their fans.

Hope whichever phenom they land is the next superstar.

What's the chance that the thread's title gets changed after the Lottery?

There's been a sea-change in the fortunes of Buffalo's sports, and it's a thing to behold.

And, in Buffalo in general.

So let me get this straight - If sabres win tonight, pens are eliminated. If Sabres lose, Bruins eliminated?

Everybody drink

Btw comments from Boston fans on Twitter realizing their season lies in the hands of the Sabres - priceless

If both lose in regulation, Pens get in.

If both lose in regulation, Pens get in.

It gets more complicated if they wind up tied. There are two different scenarios there where either of the two teams wind up in the playoffs.

Just saw this not sure if already posted

Lottery will take place on Saturday at 8 p.m., ET.

The results will be revealed live on CBC and TVA Sports in Canada and NBC in the U.S. immediately preceding the start of Game 2 of the Penguins-Rangers First Round series.

interesting little tidbit on eichel....spoke to someone whose kid plays on the BU hockey scout team....apparently eichel isnt the upstanding teen that he is being made out to be. I chalk it up to just immaturity and probably being told how great he has been his whole life....If I was that talented at that age id probably be a dick as well....I think this is something that would easly be handled by the vets on this team like Gionta.... just thought it was interesting.

How does it even work - what do they use? From what I've heard, yeah the results are live, but the actually drawing or whatever they use is not.

I thought I read somewhere that the Commissioner would not be in the room, but team reps would be. Considering that some of the teams' odds are 1/2 % points, bingo balls are ruled out. My guess is it will just be Ran on a draft simulator like the one online.

I've ran that one numerous times and the Sabres never come up first. :(

Just saw this not sure if already posted

Lottery will take place on Saturday at 8 p.m., ET.

The results will be revealed live on CBC and TVA Sports in Canada and NBC in the U.S. immediately preceding the start of Game 2 of the Penguins-Rangers First Round series.

they should just do it today, why wait? having it in the midst of a playoff series is dumb timing, people are in the flow of the games and then they just inject this in the middle of it. Doing it now would give us time to talk about who got what and then focus on the playoffs next.

I thought I read somewhere that the Commissioner would not be in the room, but team reps would be. Considering that some of the teams' odds are 1/2 % points, bingo balls are ruled out. My guess is it will just be Ran on a draft simulator like the one online.

WGR did once yesterday.

How does it even work - what do they use? From what I've heard, yeah the results are live, but the actually drawing or whatever they use is not.

Last year they didn't show the balls being picked. They just had a guy opening envelopes in reverse order that revealed the team logo of that pick. I remember because they had some babe walking around placing each pick on the board lol. They invited like 5 or 6 GMs from the teams with the top picks. With the prize being so big this year, I could see them inviting all the GMs from teams with a lottery pick.

interesting little tidbit on eichel....spoke to someone whose kid plays on the BU hockey scout team....apparently eichel isnt the upstanding teen that he is being made out to be. I chalk it up to just immaturity and probably being told how great he has been his whole life....If I was that talented at that age id probably be a dick as well....I think this is something that would easly be handled by the vets on this team like Gionta.... just thought it was interesting.

He certainly seems to be more of the "free spirit" type ..see this vine...yes that is him about 2 months ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OUDmfdTxLew

He's a teenager, king of the world athletically ...in the strong likelihood we get him be great if he stayed with someone like Gionga or Matty Molson similar to how Crosby lived with Lemiuex his first year, maybe two , in Pittsburgh.

McDavid by all accounts is a bit more reserved and polished.

Last year they didn't show the balls being picked. They just had a guy opening envelopes in reverse order that revealed the team logo of that pick. I remember because they had some babe walking around placing each pick on the board lol. They invited like 5 or 6 GMs from the teams with the top picks. With the prize being so big this year, I could see them inviting all the GMs from teams with a lottery pick.

http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=604335 Gotta love GMTM starting things off with his arms crossed and looking very "happy" to be there.

Edited by The Jokeman

they should just do it today, why wait? having it in the midst of a playoff series is dumb timing, people are in the flow of the games and then they just inject this in the middle of it. Doing it now would give us time to talk about who got what and then focus on the playoffs next.

Bumps TV ratings for the programs.

i think he's probably similar to Patrick Kane in that way

Keep doing it - law of averages says we'll win it on Saturday!

Buffalo cab drivers are now rooting for McDavid.