Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

For all you guys that were here from the beginning it has been an absolutely incredible year for this franchise....the ups and downs of this season have made it interesting right until the very end....I'm too tired tonight but I'm going to go through this thread and read through the posts from the beginning...should be great laughs especially at my posts of giving up (bbb im sure you can apprecite those ones)....we successfully finished the tank and we can now all come together and take back our team that we are so deeply passionate about! It's a great time to be a buffalo fan!

Haha - this wasn't meant to be!

The happiest I've been in 2 decades as a buffalo sports fan.

Pretty much

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but worth noting -- Columbus sealed win with 9.7 seconds left on clock. McDavid's number.

Hope that's an omen.

Btw, still can't believe Nolan pulled the goalie. Imagine the anarchy if the Sabres had scored and sent it to OT.

For once, the fans of Buffalo got the big piece of the wishbone.

So glad that's over. It was a two year clean out and it was horrible to watch. I'd prefer to never have to live through that again and I hope that all fans attending tomorrow's game raise the roof off FNC.

Sabres played hard tonight. Hate rooting against that kind of effort, but this does feel good....

If we get McDavid, GMTM is manager of the year. Eichel and he's a close second...

Are the Sabres going to have this kind of effort in October or are we going to have to cheer against them to get it out of them?

No, seriously.

I'm sure there are fans much more qualified to answer this but I doubt Buffalo has the fire power to even attempt it. If McDavid or Eichel are anywhere near as good as advertised, which they seem to be, you'd have to have someone on that level to trade. Both of their ceilings are higher than any player on the roster. Multiple future first rounders don't equal that elite level of talent.

It's impossible. The fun things to talk about coming up are the lottery, and then after that if we get 2nd pick, what Murray will to package to move up that one slot............It's not likely anything would work, but at least it's possible.

what would it cost to get both McDavid and Eichel?

Couple weeks ago guy polled GMs on what it would take for them to trade # 1 pick this year.

Some of the answers I remember

New GM ( implying noway)

Would start with Stamkos,Hedman,Druin, two top prospects plus two top picks.

So in other words , not happening.

Edited by plenzmd1

Congrats to the Sabres and their fans.

Hope whichever phenom they land is the next superstar.

What's the chance that the thread's title gets changed after the Lottery?

There's been a sea-change in the fortunes of Buffalo's sports, and it's a thing to behold.