Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, we need to finish last

You didn't think they'd just go ahead and do that without adding a bit more angst to the process, did you?

I'm tempted to put some money on them for game #81 just because it's Buffalo and they'll make us sweat it out till the end.

You didn't think they'd just go ahead and do that without adding a bit more angst to the process, did you?

I'm tempted to put some money on them for game #81 just because it's Buffalo and they'll make us sweat it out till the end.

If you do that they will lose.........in overtime.

It hurt feelings over on sabrespace, so I'll just state this one very quickly. Previous lottery results have zero impact on future lottery results.

Wrong. Past results multiply the probability of picking first this year (or in subsequent years) by a factor of 1.0.

I bet on Friday (Sabres) and Saturday (Sabres and Sharks), and happily lost. I figured I didn't need to anymore.............I think I jinxed it by stopping.

It helped a little in the anxiety department. "At least I'll win money"

So, we are 10 hours away from the start off either a great weekend of celebration or 48 hours of absolute torture.

In a perfect world, Arizona wins tonight and we clinch.

In that case, I will take Pit, Ottawa and Boston winning out, and the Isle losing to Columbus last day of season.

That gives Sabres two shots at lottery, and takes Pitt and Boston out of lottery to certain first round losses.

Yes, in this scenario I would not root for Sabres to lose Saturday, but I would not be upset either if they lose.

But I don't think Yotes stand a chance tonight, so it will all be focused on tomorrow night in Columbus.

Edited by plenzmd1

So, we are 10 hours away from the start off either a great weekend of celebration or 48 hours of absolute torture.

In a perfect world, Arizona wins tonight and we clinch.

In that case, I will take Pit, Ottawa and Boston winning out, and the Isle losing to Columbus last day of season.

That gives Sabres two shots at lottery, and takes Pitt and Boston out of lottery to certain first round losses.

Yes, in this scenario I would not root for Sabres to lose Saturday, but I would not be upset either if they lose.

But I don't think Yotes stand a chance tonight, so it will all be focused on tomorrow night in Columbus.

Pittsburgh is out of the lottery regardless, they traded their first round pick to Edmonton for David Perron

Pittsburgh is out of the lottery regardless, they traded their first round pick to Edmonton for David Perron

Which is a reason to root for Pitt to make the playoffs, we don't need Edmonton having more chances in the lottery...

Which is a reason to root for Pitt to make the playoffs, we don't need Edmonton having more chances in the lottery...

And it Pittsburgh, Boston, Ottawait will make it, the Islanders don't. And we have the Islanders pick, another one in the lottery.

The lottery drawing will be announced on the 18th, a video of the process will be made available after the fact... Hopefully the results are in before 8pm, I will be at the FNC for the Hip concert....It would be cool if they showed it on the jumbo tron pre-concert...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/nhl-will-make-video-of-draft-lottery-available-for-first-time-ever/

Edited by ricojes

The lottery drawing will be live this year. Hopefully it's before 8pm, I will be at the FNC for the Hip concert....It would be cool if they showed it on the jumbo tron pre-concert...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/nhl-will-make-video-of-draft-lottery-available-for-first-time-ever/

Don't waste your time. The process isn't exactly television friendly. Just wait for the show where they announce the results instead.

Don't waste your time. The process isn't exactly television friendly. Just wait for the show where they announce the results instead.

I'll just wait the extra 30 seconds it'll take for someone to post it here.