Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

And, the Buffalo News shows that they can't nail it. More anti-tanking articles today. But, you'd think they'd be stand up enough to let letters to the sports editor go against them. No all four regarding it are myopic anti-tankers:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/letters/letters-for-april-5-20150404

Those are the stupidest letters I've ever read. Of course the Bills aren't gonna tank, they're already a decent team with something built. The Sabres were on a downfall anyway so we just dismantled and started over. "This organization is a laughing stock of the whole league right now." Not really dude, but nice try.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with the NHL is... and what the Sabres figured out.... Teams are able to lock down the best players for long-term. The economic system allows for that and even gives incentive for players to sign where they are. Any decent free agent that does hit the market isnt/wasnt coming to Buffalo because we lack the talent and promise. The Kane trade was a rarity.

This tank is designed to prime the system. The plan is to make it sustainable. Decent talent coming up, good trades, smart FA signings and the team will be good short and medium term. Then we hope that Murray and the scouting dept can hit on enough picks going forward to keep the system going like Detroit does.

Read this brilliance:

(on cheering for the other team)

"The masses will almost certainly be partaking in that distasteful practice for the fourth straight home game when the Carolina Hurricanes take the ice against the Sabres here Monday. But at this point, 79 games into a lost season, it’s hard to argue."

Okay. So, last week you acted as if the fans committed a felony. But now, it's hard to argue.

Read this brilliance:

(on cheering for the other team)

"The masses will almost certainly be partaking in that distasteful practice for the fourth straight home game when the Carolina Hurricanes take the ice against the Sabres here Monday. But at this point, 79 games into a lost season, it’s hard to argue."

Okay. So, last week you acted as if the fans committed a felony. But now, it's hard to argue.

BB asked yesterday if I thought all this crap was them being this dumb or whether it's to get clicks. I said I think it's to get clicks.

Doesn't this kind of prove it.

To me THEY are tanking - they claim to be such high and mighty journalists, but they are just stirring the pot for click bait.

3-0

Good job boys. Let's drag this out to the final game...

well...some puck luck tonight for the Sabres...never , ever , friggen easy. Longest 4 day break in NHL history coming up...4 days of talking about Buffalo sports history..curses, etc....going to be very long 4 days

Cause Arizona ain't winning again.

This thing is soooo not over. I have no idea how that site can have it at 98% the other day. The Sabres have had three game winning streaks this season. The Penguins may have nothing to play for Saturday..............I don't see the Coyotes getting another point.

This thing is soooo not over. I have no idea how that site can have it at 98% the other day. The Sabres have had three game winning streaks this season. The Penguins may have nothing to play for Saturday..............I don't see the Coyotes getting another point.

guarantee this over before Pittsburgh :beer: (this is Mt Dew for me :lol: )

Sorry dude...sometimes ya wonder why we like sports.

The good news is I was so exhausted I fell asleep early in the 2nd half so didn't even see the Dookies cut down the nets.

As for the Sabres -- argggh.

Columbus is 9-0-1 in their last 10, should be a very tough game for Buffalo. And if Ottawa wins tonight, things get very interesting for the last playoff spot. Pittsburgh's game with Buffalo could be huge for them...Still nervous...C'mon Arizona, let's steal one!