Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

lottery will be held the night of April 18, which is the first Saturday of the playoffs. It will likely be held as part of the pre-game show for that night’s national game, which will be decided once the final playoff seedings have been determined.

I think it would still be nice to get McDavid even if we lock up #30. Eichel has the booze red flag even though he is a great player.

Would you guys be for trading our Islanders pick plus next year's 1 to one of the teams with just a few ping pong balls so we have a mathematical chance to get both?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would still be nice to get McDavid even if we lock up #30. Eichel has the booze red flag even though he is a great player.

Would you guys be for trading our Islanders pick plus next year's 1 to one of the teams with just a few ping pong balls so we have a mathematical chance to get both?

Hmm, I had Not thought of that, and I will be honest and say I have no idea what the draft class of 2016 looks like.

But, with the change in lottery rules next year, and the real possibility the Sabres will still be in it, I would not be inclined to do that. Much better chance of getting a top 3 next year even if one finishes in 17th place.

Not really comparing...it's way worse. Yep, an organization colluding to lose games for an entire season is WAY worse than an organization pushing the rules in order to win. I have mountains more respect for the Pats organization, than for the Sabres. I'm pretty sure most of the world does too, if only because the Sabres are practically invisible to the common earthling, but the Brady/Belichick Pats are world renowned.

You might not want to look up the definition of "collusion," as you'll be gravely disappointed to find out what it actually means.

I'm sure Monday's game will be ugly with fans "cheering" as if they are attempting to clinch a playoff spot. Should make for some great outrage for the local sportswriters.

It will be such a relief if we lock this up and everyone can actually get back on the same page and cheer for the team at the last home game vs. Pittsburgh.

Yes it's apples to oranges, but not because of the number of teams. It's how playoff berths are awarded

Both leagues award division titles with a playoff berth. However the NHL awards more Wild Card berths than the NFL. The NFL awards 2 Wild Cards among 12 teams (16%). The NHL Eastern Conference awards 6 Wild Cards among 14 teams (42%). The NHL Western Conference 6 among 12 (50%).

Granted the numbers shift over time based on the number of teams in each league. But historically the odds of making the NHL playoffs are higher than the NFL playoffs

Especially when for all those years it was 16 teams making it out of 21. What a joke that was!

I'm sure Monday's game will be ugly with fans "cheering" as if they are attempting to clinch a playoff spot. Should make for some great outrage for the local sportswriters.

It will be such a relief if we lock this up and everyone can actually get back on the same page and cheer for the team at the last home game vs. Pittsburgh.

If we can somehow lock this up and obtain Mcdavid or eichel and they are as good as advertised I do not want to hear one peep out of the the buffalo news writers who called out our fandom! They can kiss our asses!

If we can somehow lock this up and obtain Mcdavid or eichel and they are as good as advertised I do not want to hear one peep out of the the buffalo news writers who called out our fandom! They can kiss our asses!

What the news doesn't realize is we our being true fans in that we are rooting for the best interest of the franchise, which in this case was losing. (and we got this locked up)

I do think it is disrespectful to cheer openly for the other team, we just need to be happy in silence.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

What the news doesn't realize is we our being true fans in that we are rooting for the best interest of the franchise, which in this case was losing. (and we got this locked up)

I do think it is disrespectful to cheer openly for the other team, we just need to be happy in silence.

This guy nails it:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25135420/sabres-fans-would-be-crazy-if-they-didnt-cheer-against-their-team

this is why I hate the lottery, if you have earned last place you deserve the top pick, the league should not worry about two teams tanking as it gives the league drama (attention) to their league instead of a bunch of bad clubs desperately trying to get better with no hope of getting a franchise player. No one is talking about the Sabres, Oilers, and yotes if the lottery becomes even more difficult to win.

And, the Buffalo News shows that they can't nail it. More anti-tanking articles today. But, you'd think they'd be stand up enough to let letters to the sports editor go against them. No all four regarding it are myopic anti-tankers:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/letters/letters-for-april-5-20150404

And, the Buffalo News shows that they can't nail it. More anti-tanking articles today. But, you'd think they'd be stand up enough to let letters to the sports editor go against them. No all four regarding it are myopic anti-tankers:

do you think they are doing doing this for more views or are they just dumb?

That is one mighty limb to hang on to with one win to go.

Way to stand up to your journalist creds.