Chris Williams also not attending workouts at OBD

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warmack wasn't bad last year. Tennessee had no talent at the RB position and virtually no passing game to help. Still not playing to top 10 status, but I for some unknown reason I felt like defending him a little.

That guaranteed money conflicts what the Bills themselves, the snooze and others reported. Don't have the time or interest to dig around for a link. But, maybe these guys are right? Bottom line this guy was eating Doritos and possibly would have been out of the league, when Whaley bid against himself to secure his services. is this in the Dockery range stupid? No. but I have to say I have concerns over Whaley and his team's ability to build a line and draft a QB. How many drafts and FA's does he need before he hits on just one? Incognito my be good or since he hasn't played in quite awhile could bust too. So many here just assume he is some friggin stud because he made the pro bowl. IMO he is a one year stop gap on this never ending search for guards that can play.

So you bugged his agent's phone as well as go thru his trash .... what else do you do and will Kraft employ you?

updated June 04, 2015 at 2:58 PM

The Bills have had strong attendance thus far in OTAs. Guard Chris Williams is the only player who hasn't reported, and head coach Rex Ryan said he still hasn't heard from him.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/06/marcell_dareus_back_at_buffalo_bills_otas_percy_harvin_expected_back_next_week.html

The Bills have had strong attendance thus far in OTAs. Guard Chris Williams is the only player who hasn't reported, and head coach Rex Ryan said he still hasn't heard from him.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/06/marcell_dareus_back_at_buffalo_bills_otas_percy_harvin_expected_back_next_week.html

Probably will retire because of his back

Maybe Chris has some guaranteed money that he knows will keep him warm ?? New coach / staff & he doesn't bother showing up for his job ?? I mean what else could he be doing that's more important than this ?? If he's retiring because of his back than just say so.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

Williams needs to see the wizard for some heart. This waste of money reminds me of when the Yanks signed Carl Pavano. That dude took the money and didn't want to play too

Probably will retire because of his back

fat paycheck he received last year and no heart

What if he retires ?

When a player is released (or retires), the team is relieved of having to pay the player’s base salary and any Roster Bonus that may become due after that, but still will need to account for any Signing or Option Bonus prorations that haven’t yet counted against the Salary Cap.

The retirement of a player is treated the same as the release of a player.

http://russellstreetreport.com/salarycap/nfl-salary-cap-faqs/

When a player is released (or retires), the team is relieved of having to pay the players base salary and any Roster Bonus that may become due after that, but still will need to account for any Signing or Option Bonus prorations that havent yet counted against the Salary Cap.

The retirement of a player is treated the same as the release of a player.

http://russellstreetreport.com/salarycap/nfl-salary-cap-faqs/

we paid the signing bonus, so we need to account for the signing bonus. otherwise you could give a vet a 5 year deal with all bonus instead of salary and let him retire only accounting for 1/5 of his compensation paid.

Williams needs to see the wizard for some heart. This waste of money reminds me of when the Yanks signed Carl Pavano. That dude took the money and didn't want to play too

Pavano was genuinely hurt when he was on the Yankees. He did have a good season in 2010 with the Twins (17-11 with an above-league average 3.75 ERA with 222 IP). Pavano's problem was that he never struck enough people out and always had a high hits per inning ratio, even when he was with the Marlins. In a 14 year career, he had one good full season, one pretty good season, and one good half season. That's it.

Edited by dave mcbride

Pavano was genuinely hurt when he was on the Yankees. He did have a good season in 2010 with the Twins (17-11 with an above-league average 3.75 ERA with 222 IP). Pavano's problem was that he never struck enough people out and always had a high hits per inning ratio, even when he was with the Marlins. In a 14 year career, he had one good full season, one pretty good season, and one good half season. That's it.

while he was supposedly hurt, my friends ran into Pavano on the golf course. They busted his balls mercilessly. Can't pitch, but healthy enought to golf

Coming out of college he had great technique, but had questionable character concerns.

I really thought the signing was a good thing and that the Bills would give him the opportunity to flourish and enhance his pro game, given the fact this could be his last chance.

I guess it hasn't happened and won't ever.

while he was supposedly hurt, my friends ran into Pavano on the golf course. They busted his balls mercilessly. Can't pitch, but healthy enought to golf

I hate to say it, but you can play golf and not be able to pitch. Pitching is brutal on your arm, and if you can't perform at the highest level you will get completely shelled in MLB.

There is also very little reason for a fan to be concerned about it

I've never seen a linemans season ruined by missing a no pads, optional, practice in May. Nice to get good attendance but no need to dramaticize it

I think everyone should show up, being that they're installing a new offense and that the OL is one of the big question marks going in.......

I have a feeling Richie is going to be CW's roommate

Thats funny.

I would guess he still has health issues and hoping to come back.

is odd that we really no Nothing about this situation.

What could be the agenda for Bills FO to keep mums on something like this ?

What if he retires ?

For option, roster, and reporting bonuses, repayment is required only if retirement happens in the year the money is earned. For signing bonuses, full repayment of all unearned portions of the money paid is required in the event of a retirement.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/05/anthony-davis-will-pay-back-unearned-signing-bonus-money/

Thats funny.

I would guess he still has health issues and hoping to come back.

is odd that we really no Nothing about this situation.

What could be the agenda for Bills FO to keep mums on something like this ?

I don'the see why Rex would say he hadn'the spoken to him. That is a sign of issues with cw, the shul have at least been some communication be teen the two?

Luckily in golf you use a club. You don't throw the ball.

It could be due to his back injury . If Torrell Troup is any indication of how Williams career could go he won't be around long !

The only thing that stinks about it is the dead money the Bills will be on the hook for & the draft pick lost to bring him here in the first place .

His playing history should have been more looked into before the decision was made to bring him here . I wonder who had the last say of the matter ?

I have posted that I thought CW would make a great recovery due to the extended down time for recovery and play well. Unfortunately, I have been over zealous and overly hopeful when it comes to Bills players rebounding or actually meeting their expected potential. Which brings me to your question of who had the last say in the matter?

Has to be Whaley, right? He can't always hit em out of the park.

I don'the see why Rex would say he hadn'the spoken to him. That is a sign of issues with cw, the shul have at least been some communication be teen the two?

I would guess there is more to it. When Rex says he has not spoken to him , i am sure thats true. But maybe Whaley has maybe Overdorf and his agent. Maybe Roman ?

If we were to listen to just Rex , Dixon and Williams are goners.

He chooses his words carefully.

Unless he is talking about Amaro lol !

I hate to say it, but you can play golf and not be able to pitch. Pitching is brutal on your arm, and if you can't perform at the highest level you will get completely shelled in MLB.

he missed 2005 for bruised buttocks

And there it is

I told you guys.....back injuries are death blows to these big men....they never seem to get over them.

Its not a big deal because the bills have covered themselves.

as whaley said, its tricky. some linger, some dont as badly.

im less enthused by rexs calling him out if the team was aware of the situation.

We may never truly know the situation.....perhaps at the time Rex did that there had not been contact with the team saying he was still healing.....

a simple "im not addressing it" kind of answer would have made more sense than "i dont even know the guy hes never talked to me" type of answer in most cases like that. the basic dont answer a question (or in this case give an answer that you know will reflect on the other guy) that you havent sought the answer to yourself.

not a huge deal. just a little something that stuck out.

Edited by NoSaint