Chris Williams also not attending workouts at OBD

It could be due to his back injury . If Torrell Troup is any indication of how Williams career could go he won't be around long !

The only thing that stinks about it is the dead money the Bills will be on the hook for & the draft pick lost to bring him here in the first place .

His playing history should have been more looked into before the decision was made to bring him here . I wonder who had the last say of the matter ?

Draft pick? He was sitting on a couch a FA when Whaley threw him 5 million guaranteed. His been a bust since he was drafted in the NFL.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, we bring in incognito and draft a guard in the third.. I'd bet he's quietly asking for a trade or release and by quietly I mean... Nobody really cares enough to write about it. Just my opinion

Edited by SJDK

Draft pick? He was sitting on a couch a FA when Whaley threw him 5 million guaranteed. His been a bust since he was drafted in the NFL.

This really isn't true of Williams. He didn't make it as the LT he was drafted to be, but he was serviceable as a G for the Bears, played decently as a G for the Rams who wanted him back, and had an offer from the Rams when the Bills outbid them. He played decently (and we had a run game) the 1st couple games, then was clearly struggling before he IR'd.

I'm not saying he's better than anyone here, I'm not saying he's worth what we paid, I'm just saying it's not true he's been a bust since he was drafted. We signed him as a guard, and he had some decent playing time as a guard.

At a guess, he's still recovering from and getting back into shape from a back injury and doesn't want to risk a setback. If true, the questions are:

1) will he recover enough to make it back by mandatory OTAs in June?

2) if he does, will he be able to compete for a spot, or will he be gone?

Meanwhile in NJ...

@AroundTheNFL: Jets DE Sheldon Richardson on skipping voluntary OTAs: "I have a life"

http://t.co/Jwz9nSwNTs

I bet that just endeared the heck out of him to Bowles.

Edited by Hopeful

This really isn't true of Williams. He didn't make it as the LT he was drafted to be, but he was serviceable as a G for the Bears, played decently as a G for the Rams who wanted him back, and had an offer from the Rams when the Bills outbid them. He played decently (and we had a run game) the 1st couple games, then was clearly struggling before he IR'd.

I'm not saying he's better than anyone here, I'm not saying he's worth what we paid, I'm just saying it's not true he's been a bust since he was drafted. We signed him as a guard, and he had some decent playing time as a guard.

At a guess, he's still recovering from and getting back into shape from a back injury and doesn't want to risk a setback. If true, the questions are:

1) will he recover enough to make it back by mandatory OTAs in June?

2) if he does, will he be able to compete for a spot, or will he be gone?

I bet that just endeared the heck out of him to Bowles.

It's simply not true that he was a good guard. The Bears cut him mid season on a cheap deal. He then cleared waivers before the Rams gave him a deal for about 6 weeks (not exact number, partial season) then he shopped himself til April before returning tail tucked for a 1 year deal where he graded out as one of the worst in the league.

Could he be a good swing? Sure. I could see him in the top 96 guards but to say he hasn't been a bust seems at best stretching the truth for him.

No other options, huh? Perhaps he simply hasn't been medically cleared as yet.

Seems weird that Ryan would say he hasn't seen him/doesn't know if he's coming back, AND, also know about his medical status, and that he hasn't been cleared yet.

It's May. Not much to talk about. So, we talk about this stuff.