If the 90's Bills cheated twice and won 4SB would you be ok

If the 90's Bills cheated twice and won 4 Super Bowls would you be ok with it. Meaning they did the exact same thing as the Pats and did Spygate and deflate gate. So If the Bills had spied on the Giants

in the week leading up to Super Bowl 25 and the Bills knew the plays of the Giants and then won Super Bowl 25 just like the Pats did to the Rams ( Alleged ). Would you have been ok with that. Then if Kelly had used a deflated ball for years and the Bills we're the team that fumbled the ball the least and we're so far ahead of everyone else in the league in that stat. Would you be ok with that kind of cheating that it allowed the Bills to go on and win 4 straight Super Bowls.

My answer is I would rather keep it just the way it went down. The Bills played with heart and made a region proud. The 90's Bills were football warriors and they never cheated and have there reputations intact thats worth more then any Super bowl title in my opinion.

what do you have to say about the topic

Bills Fan.

Please chime in

Edited by billsareback

If the 90's Bills cheated twice and won 4 Super Bowls would you be ok with it. Meaning they did the exact same thing as the Pats, Spy gate and deflate gate. If the Bills had spied on the Giants

in the week leading up to the Super Bowl 25 and the Bills new the plays of the Giants and won Super Bowl 25 just like the Pats did to the Rams. Then if Kelly had used a deflated ball for years and the Bills we're the team that fumbled the ball the least and we're so far ahead of everyone else in the league in that stat. Would you be ok with thatkind of cheating that it allowed the Bills to win 4 straight Super Bowls. My answer is I would rather keep it just the way it went down. The Bills played with heart and made a region proud.

The 90 Bills were football warriors and they never cheated and have there reputations in tack.

That's worth more then any Superbow Title

in my opinion

Bills Fan.

Please chime in

At the risk of being labeled a NE defender ( see other thread ) they never were found guilty of filming the Rams practice. That rumor has been around for a while and unless something came up that I'm not aware of, it is still unproven.

If the 90's Bills cheated twice and won 4 Super Bowls would you be ok with it. Meaning they did the exact same thing as the Pats, Spy gate and deflate gate. If the Bills had spied on the Giants

in the week leading up to the Super Bowl 25 and the Bills new the plays of the Giants and won Super Bowl 25 just like the Pats did to the Rams. Then if Kelly had used a deflated ball for years and the Bills we're the team that fumbled the ball the least and we're so far ahead of everyone else in the league in that stat. Would you be ok with thatkind of cheating that it allowed the Bills to win 4 straight Super Bowls. My answer is I would rather keep it just the way it went down. The Bills played with heart and made a region proud.

The 90 Bills were football warriors and they never cheated and have there reputations in tack.

That's worth more then any Superbow Title

in my opinion

Bills Fan.

Please chime in

At the risk of being labeled a NE defender ( see other thread ) they never were found guilty of filming the Rams practice. That rumor has been around for a while and unless something came up that I'm not aware of, it is still unproven.

Jets Hater: make sure to type your own comments outside the quote box, and leave only what you're quoting in the box.

If the 90's Bills cheated twice and won 4 Super Bowls would you be ok with it. Meaning they did the exact same thing as the Pats and did Spygate and deflate gate. So If the Bills had spied on the Giants

in the week leading up to the Super Bowl 25 and the Bills new the plays of the Giants and then won Super Bowl 25 just like the Pats did to the Rams ( Alleged ). Would you have been ok with that. Then if Kelly had used a deflated ball for years and the Bills we're the team that fumbled the ball the least and we're so far ahead of everyone else in the league in that stat. Would you be ok with that kind of cheating that it allowed the Bills to go on and win 4 straight Super Bowls.

My answer is I would rather keep it just the way it went down. The Bills played with heart and made a region proud. The 90 Bills were football warriors and they never cheated and have there reputations intact thats worth more then any Super bowl title in my opinion.

Bills Fan.

Please chime in

If they cheated by deflating the football, YES, I would be very happy with the championships. It's basically a pitcher scuffing the ball, and I don't doubt for minute that has happened in every World Series.

Shame on you if your a real Bills fan and agree with the cheating is ok to win a Super Bowl.

Let's not stupe to the bottom of the barrel

like these Pats fans are doing show some class

and respect the Bills shield.

Edited by billsareback

I think if your team does anything you will do enough mental gymnastics to defend the team. I think most Pats* fans do know deep down how shady the team is but since the people they hate (Fans of other teams) galvanize against them they stick together coming up with various plausible deniability. Bottom line if you love something enough you will find a way to like it.

If they cheated by deflating the football, YES, I would be very happy with the championships. It's basically a pitcher scuffing the ball, and I don't doubt for minute that has happened in every World Series.

Nope. I hate baseball, but the argument is that scuffing affects only 2 people per play (hitter, pitcher). If the ball is hit, the scuffing doesnt affect teammates' ability to catch, field, or throw the ball afterward.

Soft footballs affect qb, receivers, and running backs, and probably the center. Every play. And especially so in cold weather (or so i'm told).

There was/is a thread trying to analogize deflate to other sports transgressions/cheats. Scuffing is not in the same area code.

-----------

And to the OP's point, no i would not be cool with that.

Edited by maddenboy

The Pats were spying on every team and they got punished for it

including the Rams in the Super Bowl

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/marshall-faulk-patriots-cheated-the-rams-out-of-a-super-bowl/

Marshall Faulk is now a good source ? C'mon. He's pissed that they lost to them. This doesn't prove anything. Spygate was more about the location of cameras. You want to come down on them, that's fine and I'm with you, but the " taping practice " was never proven.

Cheating is never OK.

I don't care how "small" the infraction is.

What is the point of watching professional sports if the teams aren't on the same playing field?

I would be sick to my stomach if the Bills won the Super Bowl, then found out they broke the rules to do it. I would never watch the NFL again.

I've heard some people DEFEND Brady by saying that Aaron Rodgers is doctoring the ball too, or that Jerry Rice used stickum years ago.

If that's the case, they should suspend Rodgers too. And it should seriously raise questions about the legitimacy of Rice's receiving records.

Cheating is never OK.

I don't care how "small" the infraction is.

What is the point of watching professional sports if the teams aren't on the same playing field?

I would be sick to my stomach if the Bills won the Super Bowl, then found out they broke the rules to do it. I would never watch the NFL again.

I've heard some people DEFEND Brady by saying that Aaron Rodgers is doctoring the ball too, or that Jerry Rice used stickum years ago.

If that's the case, they should suspend Rodgers too. And it should seriously raise questions about the legitimacy of Rice's receiving records.

I totally agree with these comments and I would be sick as hell and would be very disappointed

if the Bills cheated to win the Super bowl.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/marshall-faulk-patriots-cheated-the-rams-out-of-a-super-bowl/

I'm pretty sure that everyone at the bar I was in that day was spying on both teams in the SB.

To answer the OP--back then, in the age of steroids and stickum and where everyone was not an internet pundit, a story about balls being a little softer than the number the NFL had set (arbitrarily) would have drawn little notice and absolutely zero outarge. I would take 4 Bills SB wins in a second if that's all it took.

in the week leading up to Super Bowl 25 and the Bills knew the plays of the Giants and then won Super Bowl 25 just like the Pats did to the Rams ( Alleged ). Would you have been ok with that. Then if Kelly had used a deflated ball for years and the Bills we're the team that fumbled the ball the least and we're so far ahead of everyone else in the league in that stat. Would you be ok with that kind of cheating that it allowed the Bills to go on and win 4 straight Super Bowls.

My answer is I would rather keep it just the way it went down. The Bills played with heart and made a region proud. The 90's Bills were football warriors and they never cheated and have there reputations intact thats worth more then any Super bowl title in my opinion.

Bills Fan.

Please chime in

Absolutely not. For me it comes down to the message that you are sending to younger folks. Are you going to tell your son or daughter that as long as you win, it's OK to skirt the rules. Where do you draw the line? Is it OK for a pass rusher to purposely go at the knees of the quarterback to get them out of the game? Is it OK to head hunt a receiver that's tearing your team up? Was it OK for Tonya Harding to hire someone to hit Nancy Kerrigan in the knee so she had a better chance at winning the gold? I personally think that's a slippery slope, and a morally unacceptable one at that.

Edited by Luxy312

I would be embarrassed and it would change the way I view this franchise. In fact I would never watch another Bills game again if they cheated blatantly. I'd rather lose then win without integrity, Really disgust me that anyone would fee differently

I unlike others like only want to win with the greatest of integrity, anything short of that is for LOSERS

I think a more apt analogy would be a corked bat. I don't think deflating the football is meaningless. It clearly gives Brady more control over the ball, since he was so adamant about having the balls deflated. How many passes (potentially game changing ones) would have sailed off target had he followed the rules? We'll never know.

The second part is that an underinflated football is much easier to CATCH than a full inflated ball, because you can squeeze it easier. Makes one handed catches a lot easier.

Third, an underinflated football is much easier to HOLD ON TO than a fully inflated ball. Again, better grip and squeeze to hold tighter.

So folks, it's not just Tom Brady's comfort that was affected by this scandal. You have every person who touched the ball on offense whenever they were using one of those balls receiving benefits. It's impossible to say how many fumbles may have happened or balls may have been dropped with a properly inflated ball. I think that impact would be very little... but I'm certain, in my mind, that there must have been at least a handful of plays where it helped. What if one of those plays was on a winning TD run in a playoff game? We won't know, but it's possible. And that possibility taints the legitimacy of their superbowls. Not completely, of course. You can't say (definitively or even confidently) that the Patriots would not have won a super bowl using the right PSI, but you can't not say it made no difference at the same time.

If the 90's Bills cheated twice and won 4SB would you be ok

First of all, the *Patsies have been caught twice, who knows how many other violations are out there waiting to be uncovered. I am torn though, because I just want a SB trophy in Buffalo. Through the years all the crap that this team has gotten away with, from bending the rules to breaking the rules, it is pretty embarrassing. Just the lack of fumble stats that go along with the deflated footballs is enough to piss you right off. But if you're from Boston, and you can't pronounce R's anyway, an asterisk isn't going to bother anyone...

I think a more apt analogy would be a corked bat. I don't think deflating the football is meaningless. It clearly gives Brady more control over the ball, since he was so adamant about having the balls deflated. How many passes (potentially game changing ones) would have sailed off target had he followed the rules? We'll never know.

The second part is that an underinflated football is much easier to CATCH than a full inflated ball, because you can squeeze it easier. Makes one handed catches a lot easier.

Third, an underinflated football is much easier to HOLD ON TO than a fully inflated ball. Again, better grip and squeeze to hold tighter.

So folks, it's not just Tom Brady's comfort that was affected by this scandal. You have every person who touched the ball on offense whenever they were using one of those balls receiving benefits. It's impossible to say how many fumbles may have happened or balls may have been dropped with a properly inflated ball. I think that impact would be very little... but I'm certain, in my mind, that there must have been at least a handful of plays where it helped. What if one of those plays was on a winning TD run in a playoff game? We won't know, but it's possible. And that possibility taints the legitimacy of their superbowls. Not completely, of course. You can't say (definitively or even confidently) that the Patriots would not have won a super bowl using the right PSI, but you can't not say it made no difference at the same time.

Steven Ridley must be the worst RB in NFL then! the guy constantly got benched for fumbling (under inflated footballs!)

Either way, can't change the past, hopefully with Brady missing 1st quarter of yr including game 2 vs us, we can get a division title! Which IMO, seemed doable regardless!

Go Bills!

I'd gladly take ribbing after the fact for a couple SB wins and the relative slap on the wrist the Pats have gotten. And it would be well-deserved ribbing that I would be comfortable getting. Now if there had been an NCAA style hammering with titles and wins vacated, then that'd be a different story.

No. No way.

If they had won and it turned out they cheated, I'd feel betrayed.

Shame on you if your a real Bills fan and agree with the cheating is ok to win a Super Bowl.

Let's not stupe to the bottom of the barrel

like these Pats fans are doing show some class

and respect the Bills shield.

This. Edited by Ouijaman

I would not be all right. I would not have the character that I have today without learning from loss and I would not want to be like the Pats fans are acting right now. It's embarrassing. I am seeing a lot of people in denial over this thing. For them I feel sorry for. But the ones who know that it is cheating and still don't care? Can't say I feel sorry for them at all. The game should always be played on a level field. Neither side cheating, and everything should be left out on the field so that when every player has left the game, they know where they stand.

Anything less than that is a detriment to the sport and jeopardizes the integrity of the game. Anyone who strives every day to be their best deserves to have that level field.

Absolutely not. Maybe I am stupid and naive, but I take it as a point of pride that the Bills have been implicated in very few cases of breaking the rules. I don't think we need spygate or deflated balls to win, and I would hope my team wouldn't compromise their integrity to do it.

Integrity is doing the right thing. Even when no one is watching. C.S. Lewis

AND

There is no better test of a man's integrity (Brady) than his behavior when he is wrong. Marvin Williams

So my answer is NO. The Superbowl would be like Lance's seven yellow jersey's and Marion's gold medals. Worthless!!!!

When my team wins, I want it to be a wholesome win without any cheating. No one should feel good about hollow victories, punctuated by cheating scandals.

I am proud of my 4 time losing Superbowl Bills teams.

As a Bills fan, I used to be respectful of Belicheck and Brady and their ability to string along so many wins. But now all that respect has gone sour. Their legacy has gone to hell, and all true football fans will remember is their cheating ways, to gain unfair advantage.

Heck yeah I'd be OK, which is why anything short of stripping titles rings hollow. And if you asked any NFL player I think they'd gladly sit out a handful of games the next season for a Lombardi Trophy.

And I bet a dollar that Billy Boy may have spied on the Bills leading up to SB 25 plus his D faked injuries all game long

Of course I would... If... if if if if if... the majority of the fanbase was mature enough to handle the ribbing we would get for cheating--unlike Patriots fans.

And at the end of the day, thats really whats so f*cking infuriating about the Patriots cheating. It's not them saying that the championships should still count (they should) or that they arent tainted (theyre not) or that brady should be in the hall of fame (he should). And it IS true that other teams video tape practices, and other quarterbacks altered the gameballs. Just like other drivers speed, or run red lights. We get it. It happens. Stop denying it. As if its not enough for tom brady to be the best quarterback ever, he also must be infallible. THATS what drives me f*cking crazy.

Sports are inherently meaningless. Its a bunch of grown men with absolutely 0 connection to the city of the team they play for, throwing around an inflated ball, playing by a set of rules that evolve annually, for a championship awarded to a city with a team that may or may not leave them depending on changing tax rules. There is literally NOTHING about the games themselves that is objectively meaningful. Not to open an existential can of worms, but if youre some f*g that watches the combine and compares the arm sizes of these dudes, well, youre more annoying than pats fans so I can't help you there. But for the majority of heterosexual men that watch sports to hang out with their friends/family, and have common things to talk about--the Patriots are annoying to no end.

Do their fans not want to talk about sports with the rest of America? Are they really so obtuse as to think there is a league-wide conspiracy against them. Theyre just sh*tty people to WATCH and CONSUME football with, because they cant see the forest from the trees. I would think (hope) that the majority of Bills fans are different, but what do i know?

I would have celebrated those chamionships. I wouldn't deny they cheated though.

I don't think Brady or Belichick push to the edge and aren't concerned if they go over especially with rules they *feel* are invalid.

I would be happy they won, but I would question why they needed to cheat to win a championship and would be somewhat ashamed to represent my team because outside of WNY everyone would see ot as a tainted championship.

Oh, I'll chime IN. Of course I'd be ok, but I wouldn't cry about it if they were caught and punished either.

p.s. 'intact', not 'in tack'

Watch out, the grammar police are present.

And I bet a dollar that Billy Boy may have spied on the Bills leading up to SB 25 plus his D faked injuries all game long

Don't forget the recent rule change on substitutions. Patriots were testing the officials in that regard too. The entire culture is to get away with everything they can, even if it is an unfair advantage.