Would You Rather - Fitzpatrick or Cassel?

BBills14

On October 28, 2011, Fitzpatrick signed a six year, $59 million contract extension including a $10 million signing bonus with the Bills. He had three 300-yard performances in the 2011 season, with a season high 369 yards vs. the Patriots.

Let's pretend like we were paying him what he's actually worth.

Would you rather - Fitzmagic or Cassel?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but I think I would rather have Fitz with this offense. Neither are going to be very good. Both are capable of tremendous sucktitude. I think Fitz's smarts would help with this team, and he can probably run a little better. Fitz and Roman would probably have some great discussions and ideas.

I hate to say it but I think I would rather have Fitz with this offense. Neither are going to be very good. Both are capable of tremendous sucktitude. I think Fitz's smarts would help with this team, and he can probably run a little better. Fitz and Roman would probably have some great discussions and ideas.

Ditto.

I think Cassel could be very effective...he has performed fairly well on good teams before but none of those teams had the level of talent this one does...I'm predicting a Rich Gannon like comeback where a middling QB takes off once surrounded with offensive weapons...both actually have very similar statistics pre Gannon with the Raiders

I don't mind saying it one bit. I would take Fitz over any one of our quarterbacks.

Yep, it is weird how Fitz keeps getting run out of places for an inferior QB. It happened here and in Houston.

Fitz played on a team with a historically bad defense. One of the worst units the Bills have ever put on the field. Fitz's strength was his attitude and smarts. This defense would be able to recover from the ridiculous INT he would throw from time to time. And Fitz would more than often get 7 points off of a turnover or short filed this defense would create. Fitz and this team would be 11-5 and winners of the AFC East.

I look at Cassell and I see Jauron's wet dream. Dink and dunk and don't mess it up for the defense. That is not what this team needs. This team needs to score early, score off of turnovers, and then let the defense pressure the QB mercilessly. This team needs an aggressive QB not a Trent Edwards type.

On October 28, 2011, Fitzpatrick signed a six year, $59 million contract extension including a $10 million signing bonus with the Bills. He had three 300-yard performances in the 2011 season, with a season high 369 yards vs. the Patriots.

Let's pretend like we were paying him what he's actually worth.

Would you rather - Fitzmagic or Cassel?

Oh my!!!!

You guys are only saying Fitz because you have no idea what Cassel is going to bring to this team (neither do I just sayin)

When was the last time Fitz EVER led a team to a 10 win season......or made the pro bowl?

Look at Fitz's numbers from last year. I think that you will be surprised at how well he played. You will be really surprised to see that they replaced that production with Mallet and Hoyer.

Look at Fitz's numbers from last year. I think that you will be surprised at how well he played. You will be really surprised to see that they replaced that production with Mallet and Hoyer.

He actually played decent, and I think he is better than Hoyer or Mallet, but his numbers are very skewed by the one game he threw 6 TDs in.

Cassel for 2 reasons:

1st Got sick of defenses sitting on the short routes due to Fitzmagic lack of arm strength.

2nd Cassel had 2 pretty/ very good years on 2 different teams ( that's 2 more than Fitz)

Also I believe Cassel's upside it higher than Fitz.

He actually played decent, and I think he is better than Hoyer or Mallet, but his numbers are very skewed by the one game he threw 6 TDs in.

That is true. I believe with the weapons that are on the team now that Fitz could have been successful. He did okay here playing with absolute garbage outside of Stevie. He is smart too. He could have gotten the ball in the playmakers hands.

Neither.... Fitz is a 100% certain he will.never lead you to the playoffs.

The bills would have made the playoffs last season if they would've just held onto Fitzpatrick. His level of play with Houston last season would have been good enough to get us to 10-6. For christ sake he was throwing to Stevie Johnson, David Nelson and Donald Jones- a 7th rounder and two udfa's. He is slightly better than cassel and cassel has led two loaded teams two 10+ wins. If you don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick could take the 2015 bills with all these new toys to the playoffs you're nuts.

Numbers, especially when looked up after 3 months, can be very deceiving. Many of those yards could have come in garbage time when the game was already out of reach.

The issue with Fitz was that he would throw INTs at very inopportune moments and suck the air out of the team. You could never hope that Fitz will score the TD in the 4th quarter to win the game (There were a few exceptions like the one against the Patriots). He was an inconsistent QB with a lousy arm, but could read defenses well.

Numbers, especially when looked up after 3 months, can be very deceiving. Many of those yards could have come in garbage time when the game was already out of reach.

The issue with Fitz was that he would throw INTs at very inopportune moments and suck the air out of the team. You could never hope that Fitz will score the TD in the 4th quarter to win the game (There were a few exceptions like the one against the Patriots). He was an inconsistent QB with a lousy arm, but could read defenses well.

His QBR was 18th and top 10 in rating. He isn't great but he played last season at that Alex Smith level that this team needs.

Fitz is a bit more turnover prone I think Cassel is a much better fit for a team that wants more of a game manager. Fitz might be a slightly better playmaker but I think he is a bit more wreckless and that leads to turnovers. For a team with a defense projected to be very good you need a QB that cuts down on the turnovers.

I agree with everything you just said. However Ryan Fitzpatrick 2010-2013 was working with mediocre at best rosters and was asked to make 4th quarter comebacks. What if he didn't have to do that. This bills team is outrageously stacked. All it's gonna take is for someone to not f**k it up. We'll see who's better suited for that role but my guess is it's cassel.

Fitz played on a team with a historically bad defense. One of the worst units the Bills have ever put on the field. Fitz's strength was his attitude and smarts. This defense would be able to recover from the ridiculous INT he would throw from time to time. And Fitz would more than often get 7 points off of a turnover or short filed this defense would create. Fitz and this team would be 11-5 and winners of the AFC East.

I look at Cassell and I see Jauron's wet dream. Dink and dunk and don't mess it up for the defense. That is not what this team needs. This team needs to score early, score off of turnovers, and then let the defense pressure the QB mercilessly. This team needs an aggressive QB not a Trent Edwards type.

I think what Rex is looking for is the exact opposite of what you think we need.

We are looking for a GAME MANAGER

At first I thought cassel was an easy choice. Then I looked the numbers expecting my clear confirmation and what I learned was these two are very equivalent. Passer rating yards, wining then losing the job...

If either guys is your starting qb you're in for some pain. Therefore I vote none of the above.

That is true. I believe with the weapons that are on the team now that Fitz could have been successful. He did okay here playing with absolute garbage outside of Stevie. He is smart too. He could have gotten the ball in the playmakers hands.

Had some good WRs in Houston. What happened there? Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I prefer Fitz, but that's probably just sentiment. I told my friend, who's a Texans fan, not to worry when they went down 3 scores early. I told him Fitz would bring them back to a one score game with the ball and a chance to win in the 4th...but then he'd turn the ball over for the loss. Fitz made me prophetic that night. He's still a hell of a football player though and I hope he takes the jets to the playoffs (where they lose to us for the 3rd time).

+1