Would You Rather - Fitzpatrick or Cassel?

BBills14

On October 28, 2011, Fitzpatrick signed a six year, $59 million contract extension including a $10 million signing bonus with the Bills. He had three 300-yard performances in the 2011 season, with a season high 369 yards vs. the Patriots.

Let's pretend like we were paying him what he's actually worth.

Would you rather - Fitzmagic or Cassel?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but I think I would rather have Fitz with this offense. Neither are going to be very good. Both are capable of tremendous sucktitude. I think Fitz's smarts would help with this team, and he can probably run a little better. Fitz and Roman would probably have some great discussions and ideas.

I hate to say it but I think I would rather have Fitz with this offense. Neither are going to be very good. Both are capable of tremendous sucktitude. I think Fitz's smarts would help with this team, and he can probably run a little better. Fitz and Roman would probably have some great discussions and ideas.

Ditto.

I think Cassel could be very effective...he has performed fairly well on good teams before but none of those teams had the level of talent this one does...I'm predicting a Rich Gannon like comeback where a middling QB takes off once surrounded with offensive weapons...both actually have very similar statistics pre Gannon with the Raiders

I don't mind saying it one bit. I would take Fitz over any one of our quarterbacks.

Yep, it is weird how Fitz keeps getting run out of places for an inferior QB. It happened here and in Houston.

Fitz played on a team with a historically bad defense. One of the worst units the Bills have ever put on the field. Fitz's strength was his attitude and smarts. This defense would be able to recover from the ridiculous INT he would throw from time to time. And Fitz would more than often get 7 points off of a turnover or short filed this defense would create. Fitz and this team would be 11-5 and winners of the AFC East.

I look at Cassell and I see Jauron's wet dream. Dink and dunk and don't mess it up for the defense. That is not what this team needs. This team needs to score early, score off of turnovers, and then let the defense pressure the QB mercilessly. This team needs an aggressive QB not a Trent Edwards type.

On October 28, 2011, Fitzpatrick signed a six year, $59 million contract extension including a $10 million signing bonus with the Bills. He had three 300-yard performances in the 2011 season, with a season high 369 yards vs. the Patriots.

Let's pretend like we were paying him what he's actually worth.

Would you rather - Fitzmagic or Cassel?

Oh my!!!!

You guys are only saying Fitz because you have no idea what Cassel is going to bring to this team (neither do I just sayin)

When was the last time Fitz EVER led a team to a 10 win season......or made the pro bowl?

Look at Fitz's numbers from last year. I think that you will be surprised at how well he played. You will be really surprised to see that they replaced that production with Mallet and Hoyer.

Look at Fitz's numbers from last year. I think that you will be surprised at how well he played. You will be really surprised to see that they replaced that production with Mallet and Hoyer.

He actually played decent, and I think he is better than Hoyer or Mallet, but his numbers are very skewed by the one game he threw 6 TDs in.

Cassel for 2 reasons:

1st Got sick of defenses sitting on the short routes due to Fitzmagic lack of arm strength.

2nd Cassel had 2 pretty/ very good years on 2 different teams ( that's 2 more than Fitz)

Also I believe Cassel's upside it higher than Fitz.