Scott Chandler RELEASED (Now signed by Pats)

KDIGGZ

Joking?

I'm sure they can draft a better TE than Chandler

and in case you were kidding.....

lol

CBF

Since 90% of my posts are jokes, I can see why you thought that.

But this time I am not joking. Always liked Chandler. But I guess we do have Big Sammy now, and hopefully Clay.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joking?

I'm sure they can draft a better TE than Chandler

and in case you were kidding.....

lol

CBF

He just meant that if there was no hurry in cutting him, why not keep him until a replacement/upgrade was officially on board. That's what most teams do. Looks like there might have been a hurry due to the roster bonus though.

This really sucks !!! They just keep getting rid of all of my favorite players... I don't want my team to resemble the Jets... Come on Rex keep some of the Bills on the roster...

Trade this year's No. 2 for Lee Smith. NOW.

Can't. Oaklawn paid him $88billion. The cap hit would be too big and we wouldn't be able to sign Revis.

I still think he is undervalued by the board. He will makes great compliment to a true #1. Carolina or Atlanta could really use him

Not so much. He was a tall catcher. We're looking for smackers and bangers. You're right about Carolina and Atlanta.

Nice guy and would have been a good number 2. They have tried to upgrade for a while and this must mean Clay is locked up.

Yes, yes, and hopefully - yes!

He will never be forgiven for blowing the Falcons game up in Toronto.

His cap situation is similar to Freddy's.

Imo

Or his inability to grasp a fumble against the Chiefs. That being said, I always respected the job he did. Many, many big catches up the seam.

Him and Lee Smith were both really great guys and both really average football players. Chandler was a FA last year and no one even brought him in for a visit IIRC, and the Bills re-signed him for peanuts as a veteran starter with his numbers. He's a decent receiver for sure, and tried hard. We just needed better.

I think this is good news. isn... I always liked him, but unless he fell over in the right direction, he wasn't any good for YAC.

I don't think this in any way guarantees that we draft a TE. Grey, IMO, is the real deal. I think we are going to draft BPAs.

Him and Lee Smith were both really great guys and both really average football players. Chandler was a FA last year and no one even brought him in for a visit IIRC, and the Bills re-signed him for peanuts as a veteran starter with his numbers. He's a decent receiver for sure, and tried hard. We just needed better.

If you could have combined Chandler's pass catching with Smiths blocking that would have been a pretty good TE

This isn't something to be sad about. He was not a good football player. He is a nice enough guy but someone on here tried to argue last year that he was the 12th best TE because he was 12th in catches. The Bills let him test FA and every team passed and he came back for peanuts. That should tell you how he is viewed around the league. Keep acquiring talent!!

He will never be forgiven for blowing the Falcons game up in Toronto.

His cap situation is similar to Freddy's.

Imo

And he will never be forgotten for the clutch 24-yard grab to extend the winning drive in the Vikings game last season.

I can understand and accept the team wanting to upgrade the position, but let's thank him for his efforts and contributions over the years instead of kicking him to the curb, ok Leroi?

Imo

We do need a receiving TE. But I think Gray and Gragg can be just as solid, and if we get Harvin we really don't need another pass catcher as much as a big body TE that can catch on occasion.

And he will never be forgotten for the clutch 24-yard grab to extend the winning drive in the Vikings game last season.

I can understand and accept the team wanting to upgrade the position, but let's thank him for his efforts and contributions over the years instead of kicking him to the curb, ok Leroi?

Imo

Agreed. He was an average-above average pass catching TE. There are not a ton of them in the league. He clearly had holes in his game, but was a competitor and now we seem to have a void at TE (I think it will be filled with Clay or Gragg or Gray, but w/ exception of Clay none of them have performed like Chandler on a consistent basis). I do not think DW does this withouth having a plan. This FO knows what they are doing this offseason.

Wonder if we can trade for Heath Miller. He would be the perfect TE for the system!!!

Edited by RyanC883

We do need a receiving TE. But I think Gray and Gragg can be just as solid, and if we get Harvin we really don't need another pass catcher as much as a big body TE that can catch on occasion.

Agreed. He was an average-above average pass catching TE. There are not a ton of them in the league. Wonder if we can trade for Heath Miller. He would be the perfect TE for the system!!!

What we need is a guy like Charles Clay of the Dolphins. He would be perfect for this offense. Any way we can get that guy?

He could end up with the ravens. They are always looking to replace a free agent loss with a cut player. That's why they always get compensatory picks. So far this year they have lost 4 free agents including their TE and have signed no free agents.

the one thing I don't like about this is you can't coach height. if we sign Harvin I'm going to guess we have one of the shortest receiving crews in the entire league. every team needs someone 6'5" or taller to go up and get the ball in the redzone. now we don't have that guy

the one thing I don't like about this is you can't coach height. if we sign Harvin I'm going to guess we have one of the shortest receiving crews in the entire league. every team needs someone 6'5" or taller to go up and get the ball in the redzone. now we don't have that guy

They`ll look like smurfs in that all blue uni.