Scott Chandler RELEASED (Now signed by Pats)

KDIGGZ

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will never be forgiven for blowing the Falcons game up in Toronto.

Foregiven by whom?

Teammates? Coaches? The FO? Those folks foregive all the time because they know its the nature of the beast.

I'm really curious about your connection to the team as with each succeding post you paint a picture of someone who's more outsider than insider...

Foregiven by whom?

Teammates? Coaches? The FO? Those folks foregive all the time because they know its the nature of the beast.

I'm really curious about your connection to the team as with each succeding post you paint a picture of someone who's more outsider than insider...

Forgivin by me, obviously. I am a fan of the Bills, that is my connection.

Imo

I think Fred gets some sort of special restructure. You watch

I agree with you. If not he should be cut. They still need a TE or two, a LB (Spikes hopefully), and a 3rd safety. An OG is not an absolute need in terms of numbers but I would love to upgrade the OG talent pool and if possible dump Williams.

FJ should restructure or Whaley shoudl go to Pegual and say would you like a RB with no legs or an OG to plow the road for McCoy....

I agree with you. If not he should be cut. They still need a TE or two, a LB (Spikes hopefully), and a 3rd safety. An OG is not an absolute need in terms of numbers but I would love to upgrade the OG talent pool and if possible dump Williams.

FJ should restructure or Whaley shoudl go to Pegual and say would you like a RB with no legs or an OG to plow the road for McCoy....

nailed it

They had their chance to pick him up last year, didn't they? But no one did.

I thought he was a decent player, but in part I must admit it's because our standards for TE play have become so low. Whaley has been pruning out the entire WR corp that was here under Nix/Gailey so I guess it's not a surprise that Chandler would be next?

He was only OK as a blocker. Big boy at 6'7" 260 lbs but I felt he played "smaller" than his size - he wasn't the guy you could toss it over his head and trust him to come down with it. He doesn't seem to have that "Big boy" ability to use his mass to barrel forward a few extra yards, taking bodies with him, but I felt he should get the benefit of the doubt that he might not be catching balls that are placed to allow that given the QB stable he's worked with.

But he was a good player who contributed here so I wish him well.

IMO this is a "cap cut" which has more to do with his salary or his perceived salary to value ratio.

iirc two things. Well 3

Both Atlanta and Carolina are in rebuild with new leadership for one. But iirc there was an issue why chandler wasn't a hot commodity. He may have been the best FA TE last year. This year he is again but most definitely cheaper.

He was one of my more favorite bills

we aren't getting a road grader with the money we save from Jackson. But either way not my intent. Its clear there is a hope he is a Bill the remainder of his career. Its clear we got a ton of room in 2016 and 2017. Give him a little sweeter back end deal until 2018 because why the fudge not? Give him $1.5mm for 2018 to shave his number down now.

Did not see this coming. I thought he was worth keeping around even with upgrade.

me too> didnt we do this last year though ?

shouddakeptsmith

hineysight is a funny thing Nanks

Will always remember the snow shoveling celebration in Detroit...

AWESOME!!

Somebody mentioned there was a 250,000 roster bonus due soon. Might have played some role in it.

So if their attempt to get Clay fails, and I wouldn't put the chances at better than 50-50, then who's the TE? I just don't like these types of moves. It's a pretty big risk for $250k.

Edited by vincec

My top 5 chandler moments..

1 snow shovel celebration

2 Minnesota catch up the seam to extend the game after botching exact same play minutes before

3 botching fumble recovery that resulted in safety, 9 point swing

4 him and Stevie strip fumbles in identical fashion in Canada vs Falcons

5 countless catches in the flat or near sidelines when he just got tackled by the wind..although seam routes he was ok..

I'll miss him a little, good guy. would have liked to see him go to playoffs with these guys as #2 TE ..

Whaley to Chandler this morning: "Good! Get the hell out of my Life! Who needs you? Beat it!"

Whaley to Chandler if the Clay deal falls through: "Im sorry babe, I didn't mean that. I just yell 'cause I get so scared. Scared of being a nobody."

Was there a reason to release him before the Bills had a replacement on the roster?

Yes, if they need to seriously front load Clay's contract, they need to shed cap space in '15. Chandler saves them $2.5mil