Suddenly, everyone wants to talk Bills

I noticed today everyone that sees me with my Bills cap or sweater on wants to talk team with me. Twice today already I had perfect strangers and once last night approach me about the Bills. Not since the 90s has that been an issue. Here are the three episodes:

1) Last night after my daughters musical (Fiddler on the roof) a man walked towards me and rips his jacket open to show me his Bills Shirt and says time to shine!. Yes that was a little weird.

2) This morning when in the church my wife goes to a guy came up to me while I was holding my hat a guy walked across the room to me and starts the conversation with, "Your team isn't fooling around with the McCoy trade huh?

3) On the way into the gas station to pay my pump bill a guy almost knocked me over to get the door and say. This is our year man! GO BILLS!

WOW! What stories have you had. Have you seen an increase as I have since Rex came to town? Share them here

I agree. As a NYC bills fan, im obviously surrounded by all things jets and giants. Ever since Rex got hired I get approached all the time. All my buddy's text me every time there's some bit of news too. As if I need there insight on something we've been talking about for a week on here.

I noticed today everyone that sees me with my Bills cap or sweater on wants to talk team with me. Twice today already I had perfect strangers and once last night approach me about the Bills. Not since the 90s has that been an issue. Here are the three episodes:

1) Last night after my daughters musical (Fiddler on the roof) a man walked towards me and rips his jacket open to show me his Bills Shirt and says time to shine!. Yes that was a little weird.

2) This morning when in the church my wife goes to a guy came up to me while I was holding my hat a guy walked across the room to me and starts the conversation with, "Your team isn't fooling around with the McCoy trade huh?

3) On the way into the gas station to pay my pump bill a guy almost knocked me over to get the door and say. This is our year man! GO BILLS!

WOW! What stories have you had. Have you seen an increase as I have since Rex came to town? Share them here

What city do you live in?

I wear Bills stuff almost every day.(cap mostly) because I keep my head warm. Never get any attention except to give me grief for being a fan. Now different story.

Whenever I wear Bills stuff around here the only people that say anything are other Bills fans. That's changed up a little in the past couple of weeks.

i have been living in philly since 2008 and i wear a bills cap, sweatshirt, whatever, but its not so much the locals who start the conversation , its transplants.. its like a magnet obviously.. i have met so many people here from western ny because of the bills stuff.. what is also refreshing is that the people from western ny are so much more friendly outgoing.. the natives here are pretty much as one would think, miserable.. just a few are "normal!".. its just a feeling you get when you see that buffalo person..

Edited by dwight in philly

A lot of teams make big splash is in free agency but this feels much different. I don't think people are used to seeing the Bills execute a plan and do it with such precision. I think the sports world is realizing there's a new crew in B-lo that knows what they are doing. It's feeling pretty damn good.

Just happened again to me. Stopped into our local Auto Zone. Wanted to get total Tune up for the Honda. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor. 120$ total. We talked Bills a moment, cap was on my head, and I asked him if he had a triple A discount. He said no but I do have a fellow Bills fan discount and knocked my bill down to 107$.

Yes.

Were you the one that flashed me?LOL

Just happened again to me. Stopped into our local Auto Zone. Wanted to get total Tune up for the Honda. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor. 120$ total. We talked Bills a moment, cap was on my head, and I asked him if he had a triple A discount. He said no but I do have a fellow Bills fan discount and knocked my bill down to 107$.

Were you the one that flashed me?LOL

That's awesome. Serious good karma there!

I get stopped all the time in DC when I'm wearing Bills gear... but that's been the same for 10 years that I've lived here, it's really weird.

Whole crew of Buffalonians down there, lived there for 21 years and hung out on Sundays at Grevy's in Fallschurch and CJ Nickels in Springfield. Lots of transplants.

There are plenty of fans on this board who probably feel the same. But there's no accounting for sanity. :lol:

I have to say I felt the same under the Marone regime. This is the most optimistic I have been about the Bills in a long time. Hopefully, we finish first so all the Pats fans at my office will shut up.

Unfortunately, living in Texas, I still get the requisite, "man, that must suck, losing back to back Super Bowls like that..." I just smile politely, and don't bother to correct them...Cowboys fans live in the 90's as much as we do.

Unfortunately, living in Texas, I still get the requisite, "man, that must suck, losing back to back Super Bowls like that..." I just smile politely, and don't bother to correct them...Cowboys fans live in the 90's as much as we do.

I always get that too, Connecticut has the perfect mix of Jets and Pats fans that talk trash. I know how you feel.

Not too many people want to talk about the Bills in Southwest Florida; when Sam Watkins (don't know when he started to go by Sammy, probably some college thing) dated my friends sister, he would say something to me about the Bills, usually something like "that JP Lose-man screwed us again." Other than that, my math teacher likes talking trash when a Bills v. Dolphins game comes around and my economics teacher likes saying something about wide right to if we get around to talking football (he's a Giants fan).

Surprisingly, more people like to talk about the Sabres, too bad its usually some smart ass "sorry you're a Sabres fan" comment though

I wear Bills Zubaz textured condoms as a matter of course and have for years.

Frankly, I haven't noticed an uptick recently in any comments in favor of them or not.

i.e., I could not care less about what anybody thinks about The Bills or my fandom of them.

What are you talking about? Like seriously, I have no idea what your post means in the context of this thread.

My friend.

All I see WRT to Buffalo Bills news in the MEDIA is the same stories being repeated (on yahoo) The MEDIA news as I see it has dropped off.

IMO very few of the "media outlets" are giving the Meh Cassel pick a very good grade, and of those who say Meh Cassel is good say EJ is a failure. You know the SOS you see here by the fans.

As to the bag over the head... Said Mediots (media idiots) should be wearing a bag for half fast reporting.

Does that help you to understand my statement?

Now sir, might I ask what you are referring to if not the above?

maybe you should have read this when I first posted it. v It might have put the latter in context.

give it a week once the Bills slow down and other teams start making moves.

Yes the Bills were in the news a lot as they "seemed" to get a jump start on trades and signings .... towards week 2 not as much.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I'm in Houston. Well, 30 minutes South of Houston, in Alvin (hometown of Nolan Ryan and Joe Ferguson) had a cop give me a warning instead of a ticket because of the Sabres sticker on my truck. Said he wasn't huge into hockey, but his wife was, and she'd kill him if she found out he gave a ticket to a Sabres fan.

Went to a church function in Beaumont. My church was working with another church. It was a soup kitchen, so I just threw on an old Bills shirt that I didn't care if it got dirty or not. Anyway, turns out the pastor not only was from Buffalo, but was Naaman Roosevelt's uncle. So that was cool.

Houston fans like to rag on the 4 Super Bowl loss thing. I just ask them about how much success Houston has had. If they still don't shut up, I play stupid and talk about that one time the Oilers made it to the Super Bowl. They insist it never happened. I insist it did. Then I go "There's no way you guys didn't make it to the Super Bowl that year. You guys were beating us 35-3, and we had our backup QB in! I don't know what the final score was, because I turned the TV off, but there's no way you guys could have blown that lead. That usually shuts them up.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

I noticed today everyone that sees me with my Bills cap or sweater on wants to talk team with me.

The same thing happens when everyone sees me out wearing by Bills Zubaz. Though, in fairness, they don't want to talk so much as beat the crap out of me.

But still...respect, yanowattamean?