Someone Tell Me Again Why Buddy Traded Lynch...

cale

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He ran someone over with his car, lied about it, and was one more stupid decision away from missing a whole season. If he'd stayed it's not like it would have significantly changed the Bills' fortunes and he probably would have signed with a different team anyway.

Edited by Pondslider

He really seemed to have simply warn out his welcome with some of his stupid off-field behavior.

Weren't there stories about him taking money from people in bars or something like that?

Plus, he wasn't nearly as productive in Buffalo as he's been in Seattle.

Edited by Bad Things

last year in the superbowl he ran 15 times for a whopping 39 yards. He'll fold again this year.

the guy is a loser and a thug. seattle is sick of him too. imagine percy harvin and lynch on your team. yikes.

the hawks will dump him this offseason.

This is HILARIOUS !!!!

last year in the superbowl he ran 15 times for a whopping 39 yards. He'll fold again this year.

the guy is a loser and a thug. seattle is sick of him too. imagine percy harvin and lynch on your team. yikes.

He really seemed to have simply warn out his welcome with some of his stupid off-field behavior.

Weren't there stories about him taking money from people in bars or something like that?

Plus, he wasn't nearly as productive in Buffalo as he's been in Seattle.

I'm a Bills fan but we got robbed in the deal. No rhyme or reason to justify.

Some fan got what they wanted and some didn't (this one)...smh!

This is HILARIOUS !!!!

I'm a Bills fan but we got robbed in the deal. No rhyme or reason to justify.

Some fan got what they wanted and some didn't (this one)...smh!

And so did Green Bay. They were closer to getting Lynch, but didn't want to give more than a sixth (I believe)

For a box of tape?

The dude single handed put the Seahawks on his back today. Beast mode indeed...

It all begins with the offensive line.

OJ Simpson was garbage behind a bad offensive line. If the openings aren't there, it doesn't matter who is carrying the ball. The Bills over the last 12-15 years think you can build a top OL with journeymen and low draft picks and free agents. It doesn't work.

The Bills need to prioritize the OL and suddenly average RB's become stars and average QB's look good.

Hate much?

Lynch wanted out of Buffalo so the Bills got something rather than nothing

But we actually got nothing.

Hairston and Carder. For Marshawn Lynch. Sigh

Hate much?

But we actually got nothing.

Hairston and Carder. For Marshawn Lynch. Sigh

We got a pair of draft picks for a player who was leaving town anyways. They ended up being crap players but given the Bills recent draft history that's not surprising

If Lynch wins this Super Bowl, he is likely a Hall of Famer, as long as he doesn't go to prison for doing something terrible first.

I understand why he was traded, though he plays with as much heart as any player I've ever seen.

Easy on the hyperbole. He would need many more years at highly productive stats to be considered for the hall of fame, not one more game. Highly unlikely given the physical pounding he takes and that he is an arrest warrant waiting to happen.

Marshawn didn't hate Buffalo. He did wear out his welcome though with the off the field stuff. If the organization was as strong back then as it is now they may have been able to help him before it snowballed (like Dareus).

Marshawn is a HOFer. He's a great, great, great player. Hopefully he plays well in 2 weeks and takes down those evil cheaters.

For a box of tape?

and without fail, every time the Seahawks play on national TV someone feels the need to start a why did Buddy trade Lynch thread

if you dont know by now then you never will

Edited by Max997

We got a pair of draft picks for a player who was leaving town anyways. They ended up being crap players but given the Bills recent draft history that's not surprising

the problem is not that the Bills blew their picks - picks are lottery tickets. You can get better or worse at it, but that was fair enough compensation at the time. The problem was that they habitually put players in positions where they couldn't succeed, they became devalued, and they returned us less than their actual value. That they went on to succeed elsewhere is an indictment of the stiffs they've had coaching, and the lack of talent the team has cultivated over the years - especially in places like the offensive line.

No matter how anyone tries to downplay Marshawn Lynch, he's a huge part of why the Seahawks have been to 2 straight superbowls. The drafting of CJ Spiller and essentially giving away Marshawn Lynch is one of the biggest blunders in Buffalo Bills history. And that's saying something.

I understand why he was traded. but hate the fact in came to that and Lynch was run out of town. For people to discredit what Lynch has done is laughable.

Fred Jackson is better? In what world is this?

Lynch is better in every single way. He is a top 3 RB in the NFL.

Edited by CountDorkula

True. Look how badly lynch regressed his final years here. He was bad.

I will say that lynch was able to figure out how to be a good runner makes me think that there is hope for a guy like Richardson.

Lynch never regressed. He was in a terrible situation and didn't really care, and didn't want to be here.

I understand why he was traded. but hate the fact in came to that and Lynch was run out of town. For people to discredit what Lynch has done is laughable.

Fred was more in sync with the offense and could deal without a very good o-line. I think Lynch was clearly unfocused here and that played a part. That's on the coaches (and maturity level).

Lynch never regressed. He was in a terrible situation and didn't really care, and didn't want to be here.

He even admitted he didn't even bother studying here. I think he figured out his craft (and probably got better coaching) in Seattle. But in his last two years here, Jackson hit the hole, and lynch just danced for 2 yards and a cloud of dust.

You obviously were not a Bills fan in the years 2009-2010. Fred Jackson was far and away the better player, and it's not even debatable. Not to mention FJ is a captain and model citizen off the field, while Lynch was one strike away from being gone for a year. We traded Lynch because he regressed, and FJ was literally better at everything but goal line. In fact, Lynch was out of a starting job until they decided to showcase him for a trade in 2010.

Lynch never ran for over 4.1 YPC as a Bill. Fred Jackson has surpassed that every year of his career but two.

Hit and run.. gun and drug charges in California... stole money from a woman in a restaurant... run-in's with local police... bad mouthed the area and every opportunity... bad press all day every day.... He was a cancer in this community!!! And he never displayed the type of play he has with Seattle... Whn you talk about a bad football tradr, did Buddy get fleeced?... Hell Yes!!!! But when you talk about a bad fit in a community, Lynch was nothing but trouble...

You obviously were not a Bills fan in the years 2009-2010. Fred Jackson was far and away the better player, and it's not even debatable. Not to mention FJ is a captain and model citizen off the field, while Lynch was one strike away from being gone for a year. We traded Lynch because he regressed, and FJ was literally better at everything but goal line. In fact, Lynch was out of a starting job until they decided to showcase him for a trade in 2010.

Lynch never ran for over 4.1 YPC as a Bill. Fred Jackson has surpassed that every year of his career but two.

Yes i was and I know the story. Its just magic that Lynch had the best start to a Bills career since OJ and people forget that. and Now he is a top 3 RB every year.

Lynch - 8K + yds

FJ - 5K + yds

Lynch is better in every way. No discredit to FJ. Love the guy.

Fail. Marshawns thankful for your opinion though.

No matter how anyone tries to downplay Marshawn Lynch, he's a huge part of why the Seahawks have been to 2 straight superbowls. The drafting of CJ Spiller and essentially giving away Marshawn Lynch is one of the biggest blunders in Buffalo Bills history. And that's saying something.

Beast!

Yes i was and I know the story. Its just magic that Lynch had the best start to a Bills career since OJ and people forget that. and Now he is a top 3 RB every year.

Lynch - 8K + yds

FJ - 5K + yds

Lynch is better in every way. No discredit to FJ. Love the guy.

You obviously don't remember, because you would know that FJ outperformed Lynch while he was here. It's pretty clear you are looking at what Lynch has done in Seattle and assuming he was the same player here. Go watch some tape from 2009 and tell me who the better player was. I'll be waiting.

You obviously don't remember, because you would know that FJ outperformed Lynch while he was here. It's pretty clear you are looking at what Lynch has done in Seattle and assuming he was the same player here. Go watch some tape from 2009 and tell me who the better player was. I'll be waiting.

Did you not see the part where i wrote?

"Lynch had the best start to a Buffalo Bills career since OJ Simpson" I know what happened after that.

Lynch admitted to not caring. I know what happened. to say FJ is better than Lynch is laughable.

Marshawn didn't hate Buffalo. He did wear out his welcome though with the off the field stuff. If the organization was as strong back then as it is now they may have been able to help him before it snowballed (like Dareus).

Marshawn is a HOFer. He's a great, great, great player. Hopefully he plays well in 2 weeks and takes down those evil cheaters.

If Lynch were playing behind this year's OL and with Orton as his qb he would be an invisible player in this league.

This is a franchise that not only gives away Lynch for pittance (situational reasons)but trades Peters away to the Eagles where he becomes a perennial all-pro. This comical organization pays all-star money to two oversized linemen (Dockery and Langston Walker)who couldn't move and play yet ferociously closes its wallet to the player who wants to be paid at a level that is commensurate with his talents. When you create a team pay scale where players who can't play get stunningly large contracts even exceeding what your best lineman gets then contract conflicts are a natural outcome.

I have yet to understand why Chad Rhinehart was let go to end up in San Diego where he played well. The Bills ended up replacing him with Colin Brown who was rated as the worst guard in the league. He's probalby out of football. Even if Rhinehart wanted to follow his line coach to San Diego a reasonable bump up in salary would have been enough to keep him with the team.

This is a franchise which drafts Kujo in the second round and then he is so overmatched that he should have been cut in the first weeks of training camp. While Whaley drafts the bulky Richardson who was overwhelmed to the extent that he had to be replaced Ozzie Newsom drafts John Urschel (a Buffalo native) from Penn State in the same fifth round. He ends up starting and outperforms all of our linemen.

My point is simple. The Bills had arguably the worst OL in the league this year. It was caused by its own self-destructive decisions.

Edited by JohnC

For a box of tape?

Russell Wilson is the one that should be a Buffalo Bill. Nope.....gotta draft TJ effin Grahm. And I am not saying this in hindsight. I was yelling at the tv on draft day

Let it go...

If I had one wish for Bills fans it would be to appreciate the talent of Fred Jackson. With the clown show he's had to deal with around him in terms of coaching/qbs/oline, and for him to have done as well as he's done is nothing short of miraculous.

I almost wish he was the one traded to Seattle instead of Lynch so he could get the recognition he deserves.

Did you not see the part where i wrote?

"Lynch had the best start to a Buffalo Bills career since OJ Simpson" I know what happened after that.

Lynch admitted to not caring. I know what happened. to say FJ is better than Lynch is laughable.

What are you even blabbering about? OJ Simpson didn't even have a good start to his career. Willis McGahee had a better start, and had far more similar numbers to Lynch.

OJ had 697, 488, and 742 yards in his first three years. McGahee had 2375 yards and 18 TDs in his first two years combined. Lynch had 2151 yards and 15 TDs in his first two years. So if anything, Lynch had the best start to a career since..... Willis McGahee. In fact, McGahee had 990 yards in his third year as a Bill, which was more than twice Lynch's 450.

Edited by Fingon