How about Michael Sam?

Joaquin1119

Lets say if Hughes wants a big contract. Do you think the bills should sign Michael Sam? Yes i know he gay, but I honestly believe this kid is truly hungry to play in nfl. I also would like to think he would fit just right in our Dline. I would sign this kid and see how he does in training camp and pre season.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say if Hughes wants a big contract. Do you think the bills should sign Michael Sam? Yes i know he gay, but I honestly believe this kid is truly hungry to play in nfl. I also would like to think he would fit just right in our Dline. I would sign this kid and see how he does in training camp and pre season.

Is Michael Sam a FA already?

MICHAEL SAM IS GAY?!?!?!

Got a link? Thats a pretty serious rumors. What would Shaud think?

Two teams have given up on him already and he was out of the league most of the year but you somehow think he is a good fit for Bills D-line...do tell why you think that

Edited by Max997

That is something Russ Brandon would want to do. He couldn't make an NFL team but you think he can replace a double digit sack guy when he never played DE in College or played an NFL snap. Russ Brandon would like the Jersey sales!

Edited by Manther

Depends.

Are we looking for phony PR-->marketing bump value?

Are we not deriving enough revenue from the LBGT community, and would this get us more?

Are we trying to make ourselves feel morally superior?

do we need a LAMP moment?

are we starving for attention?

are we desperate to be called "courageous" by some media dingbat whose approval we crave?

are we looking to score PC points at the next dinner party, by pointing to the enlightenment of our football team, compared to everybody else's at the table?

do we/the Bills feel we need more Facebook friends/likes?

are we planning a new hashtag/selfie campaign?

If yes to any of those? Of course.

But, if we are talking about winning football games?

Then no F'ing way. Of course not.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Based in what? What makes him a good fit?

People said the same thing about Hughes.

Hughes only played for one team before the Bills and was blocked by two good players but still managed 8 sacks his last season with Colts before being traded to Bills

Not even close to same situation

Edited by Max997

Lets say if Hughes wants a big contract. Do you think the bills should sign Michael Sam? Yes i know he gay,

What, precisely, does that have to do with signing him?

but I honestly believe this kid is truly hungry to play in nfl.

Based on what?

I also would like to think he would fit just right in our Dline.

You would like to think so? What does that mean? Does that mean you don't think so, but by golly if you didn't wish that you did think so? Could you be more equivocal about it?

I would sign this kid and see how he does in training camp and pre season.

Well...you've certainly made a case for it. :thumbsup::rolleyes:

You would like to think so? What does that mean?

:lol:

Dear God:

I pray for Sal Capacio to take over the afternoon slot at WGR permanently.

I pray for all the starving children in the world's...parents...to get off their asses, and at least be partially involved in resolving this problem.

I pray for the unmitigated morons, all of them, even the WGR parrot callers.

But most of all, I pray for this thread to find some way to be moved to PPP, where we can reign our fire down upon it properly.

This mamby pamby reply from DC_Tom, which would be a lot funnier, but, has to be this way because: football board? It's enough to make me sick.

Two teams have given up on him already and he was out of the league most of the year but you somehow think he is a good fit for Bills D-line...do tell why you think that

I do think he might be a good fit with this Dline. Having pepper Johnson to improve his game and teammates to help. But again that if hughes asking for $$$.

Doesn't matter how hungry he is he just isnt good enough for the NFL.

he sux

St Louis liked him but remained concerned that he was too small to be a 4-3 end in the NFL. He played well for them in his pre-season action and to all extents and purposes had a good camp, but they couldn't find room for him on a deep D-Line. At that point I thought he had a shot at the NFL. His stock was high and St Louis is one of the deeper D-Lines and you had to think there were other situations where he might stick.

When he was picked up by Dallas I thought it was a perfect opportunity for him. Their D-Line isn't very deep and I could see a need in Dallas for someone like Sam as a rotational situational pass rusher. However, what came out of his time at Dallas is that he really struggled. They were concerned that he lacked foot speed and had no variety to his rushes. It was bull rush or nothing and at his size you are simply not going to bull rush your way through top NFL o-lines... and I doubt he got much success in practice against that strong Dallas line.

It is not a surprise to me that nobody has picked him up since. They are not failing to sign him because of his sexuality, they are failing to sign him because just like dozens of others each year he had a decent camp with one team, was the wrong side of the roster bubble but then got a practice squad chance somewhere else and flamed out. I think he might well get an invite to camp somewhere this year too... but I suspect that will be his last chance. I am not against the Bills taking that kind of flyer on him, but we have a deep d-line too and I very much doubt he would stick here even if Jerry Hughes walks in FA. Cleveland actually wouldn't be a bad spot for him.... given Pettine's penchanct for situational rush packages.... likewise wherever Todd Bowles ends up. But the odds are now firmly stacked against Michael Sam being a successful NFL player and at the end of the day like the vast majority of players - it will come down to talent and talent alone.

Edited by GunnerBill

Dr Froid: "Seems like an effort to negate homophobia or the subject introducing the topic is indeed homosexual, perhaps without his own knowledge..he'd be better off in San Francisco. Can he play QB?

Then of course it's all rather silly"

Edited by rfk

Hughes only played for one team before the Bills and was blocked by two good players but still managed 8 sacks his last season with Colts before being traded to Bills

Not even close to same situation

Hughes only had 5 total sacks in 3 years with the Colts. Not that I'm agreeing with the OP.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13245/jerry-hughes

He'll go to the CFL, put up 20 sacks while leading the Brandon Wheat Kings to the Grey Cup.

He'll receive interest from the Bills but will spurn them for the Dolphins.

:thumbdown:

lol jk

I dont think he will pan out in the CFL either.

I compare his playing abilities to Aaron Maybin

CBF

• 1 month later...

I thought he did fine for the Rams. He might be a good fit as back-up strong side LB, pass rusher, and part time special teams guy.

Not saying he is a difference maker but I thought he did enough in pre-season last year to get another camp invite somewhere.

Could be the anti-Incognito signing...