How about Michael Sam?

Joaquin1119

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just a PR stunt. I thought he played well enough in preseason to make a team. Rams were deep at DE. He projects better as a strong side LB anyways.

Many more areas to worry about on this team than LB but either Lawson or Rivers are likely to be cut - maybe both.

tell us please how "he projects better as a strong side LB anyways"......I'd love to hear the explanation. I saw him play vs. UGA in the SEC and did not see anything resembling a SS LB.

Not just a PR stunt. I thought he played well enough in preseason to make a team. Rams were deep at DE. He projects better as a strong side LB anyways.

Many more areas to worry about on this team than LB but either Lawson or Rivers are likely to be cut - maybe both.

YOU went about selling the move as "anti-Incognito." That's pretty much the definition of a PR stunt.

Better yet. Why don't The Bills sign Brock Lesnar. The Vikings cut him. He's available. I've heard of him. But only sign him if we can get him on the cheap which shows he wants to be here. He would help fill the stadium with new young fans.

He's not good enough. He's too slow, amd not sizable enough. He's never played 3-4 OLB. No thanks.

My opinion is strictly based on his play. I could care less about his orientation. Those are personal matters and never enter into my choices. My best sales rep who is a good friend is gay and so what. He's a great guy and his partner is a great guy. It still amazes me we even talk about people's orientation as if it should matter in any circumstance.

Lets say if Hughes wants a big contract. Do you think the bills should sign Michael Sam? Yes i know he gay, but I honestly believe this kid is truly hungry to play in nfl. I also would like to think he would fit just right in our Dline. I would sign this kid and see how he does in training camp and pre season.

Of course Hughes wants a big contract. The question is will he get one from someone else or will the Bills offer him something "acceptable"

I'm sure the Bills will bring in camp fodder and extra talent to evaluate whether or not Hughes walks. Can you share with us why you believe Michael Sam would be one of the best available FA/draftees for us to bring in?

Lets say if Hughes wants a big contract. Do you think the bills should sign Michael Sam? Yes i know he gay, but I honestly believe this kid is truly hungry to play in nfl. I also would like to think he would fit just right in our Dline. I would sign this kid and see how he does in training camp and pre season.

You want to replace a Pro Bowler with someone who was cut off two practice squads last year. Why don't you just write we shouldn't resign Hughes and just replace him with another NFL player. Because that is the better option. I am not saying letting Hughes walk is the best option. I am saying IF we let him walk it will be better to try to replace him with a NFL player versus a non NFL player. This thread is silly.

People said the same thing about Hughes.

That is not true at all. Hughes did not have two NFL teams give up on him (actually none, he was on the Indy roster still, not cut by two teams) and Hughes was not out of the League for the majority of a year.

I thought he did fine for the Rams. He might be a good fit as back-up strong side LB, pass rusher, and part time special teams guy.

Not saying he is a difference maker but I thought he did enough in pre-season last year to get another camp invite somewhere.

Could be the anti-Incognito signing...

You must have a special place in your heart for Michael Sam to reactivate this thread on V day.

You can never have enough pass rushers. I won't care if they brought him to camp. See if he can earn a spot.

It's funny how homophobic some people are. Normally, it's the ugliest people too.

ha ha

im homophobic a little. like i dont like guys cutting my hair and stuff like that.

im not ugly in or outside.

:nana:

You can never have enough pass rushers. I won't care if they brought him to camp. See if he can earn a spot.

It's funny how homophobic some people are. Normally, it's the ugliest people too.

Are they uglier than the people who throw out the 'homophobic' red herring any time Michael Sam is mentioned?

There hasn't been anything resembling homophobia in this thread. People have opined that Sam is too small and slow to play DE and doesn't play LB. They've also pointed out a guy who is at best borderline to even make the team isn't worth the absurd media-created distraction that comes with him. That's shame for Sam, but there's nothing homophobic about a team being unwilling to shoulder an extra burden for this particular guy when there are ten others of equal ability who come without it.

If you want to point fingers at someone other than Sam and his playing ability, start with the media retards and their 'what's it like to take a shower with him' questions that have turned off teams to the idea of bring in Sam.

Are there any other late round picks who struggled to make a PS you have your eye on?

Are they uglier than the people who throw out the 'homophobic' red herring any time Michael Sam is mentioned?

There hasn't been anything resembling homophobia in this thread. People have opined that Sam is too small and slow to play DE and doesn't play LB. They've also pointed out a guy who is at best borderline to even make the team isn't worth the absurd media-created distraction that comes with him. That's shame for Sam, but there's nothing homophobic about a team being unwilling to shoulder an extra burden for this particular guy when there are ten others of equal ability who come without it.

If you want to point fingers at someone other than Sam and his playing ability, start with the media retards and their 'what's it like to take a shower with him' questions that have turned off teams to the idea of bring in Sam.

Sack leader in SEC and was productive in preseason. Gay or straight, I think he should get another shot to prove himself.

Ha ha. Very good points.

I've read nothing but valid points or silly one liners. You're right.

I think I know why teams are passing on him.

When the coaches call out his name, Sam, a bunch of women go, "Huh, you're talking to me?"

ha ha

im homophobic a little. like i dont like guys cutting my hair and stuff like that.

im not ugly in or outside.

:nana:

For some reason, this reminds me of the Marx quote "outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read"

tell us please how "he projects better as a strong side LB anyways"......I'd love to hear the explanation. I saw him play vs. UGA in the SEC and did not see anything resembling a SS LB.

I share this same question.

Sack leader in SEC and was productive in preseason. Gay or straight, I think he should get another shot to prove himself.

He probably should, C.Biscuit. I think that recent article nailed it - in terms of talent and the stage of his development, he's a "bubble" player, the level of talent GMs keep on "speed dial" to sign in the event of injuries. No one wants any controversy or distraction in a player of that talent level, so he's wasn't on anyone's "short list" of guys to bring in. If he showed flashes of potential to be a top talent, no one would give a d**n that he's Gay. If he were straight, he has talent enough he'd have been getting looks during the season as the injury toll mounted.

Hopefully he'll be given a second shot on some team during the off-season and if the media furor has died down, he'll get additional chances. But he's not strong and big and fast enough to be a sure bet in the NFL.

As for the OP, I remain puzzled as to why he thinks Hughes and Sam should be mentioned in the same breath. They aren't the same type or caliber of player at all.