Polian says Merrone is a candidate for HC of the year

Hplarrm

Interesting in that my guess is that when Pags bought the team it was likely playoffs or get fired for both Whaley and Merrone.

Whaley ay well be safe as on the fly personnel decisions like Thigpen and Rambo are paying off big time.

However, the buck often starts/ends with the HC.

This HC of the year possibly might get canned.

Thoughts?

I think Marrone stays, however, I think it will be suggested that he "tinker" with his offensive coaching staff.

Buffalo is likely to be 9-7...possibly 10-6. I think if you told most folks back in September that our final record would be so good, they would probably be estactic.

And all without a QB...

Two words...Bruce Arians.

With what he has done there with QB injuries and HUGE injuries on the defensive side of the ball, this is a no brainer.

However, we would be pretty stupid to get rid of Marrone. Hackett though, he's another story.

Edited by Mark80

Whaley ay well be safe as on the fly personnel decisions like Thigpen and Rambo are paying off big time.

Whaley is probably the biggest asset in the entire franchise. The Bills would be insane to let him go. How many GMs in the league can you say have made as many brilliant moves as he has over the past 2 years?

-Getting Kiko in the second round

-The Jerry Hughes trade

-Preston Brown, Corey Graham

-Finding Robey as an undrafted free agent

-Thigpen and Rambo

Kiko and the Jerry Hughes trade would be enough to him in the "some of the best moves of any GM over the past 2 years" category. The rest is just icing on the cake. Preston Brown has played every defensive snap as a rookie and is looking like a steal for us. Graham has played above his billing in the secondary. Robey has turned into one of the best slot corners in the league. Thigpen and Rambo have surprised me these past couple weeks.

Whaley definitely has an eye for hidden talent.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

Unless the Bills make the playoffs and actually advance to at least the second round Marrone as HC of the Year is laughable.

Respectfully disagree. This team has had a habit and culture of losing. Getting a team that has one winning season in 15 years a winning record is nothing to laugh at.

Petting got the browns to one game of a playoff birth people here would be voting for him as coach of the year

Interesting in that my guess is that when Pags bought the team it was likely playoffs or get fired for both Whaley and Merrone.

Thoughts?

not Happening,

Considering our QB and Oline situation he has done a great job.

Thoughts?

Coach of the year ????? I don't know how he figures that !! Or Why .

Now Whaley for Executive of the year I'm all in on that one he was the guy that brought in Rambo & others to bolster the team in this weekends win .

The HC hasn't done any thing to bolster or change the direction of the offense besides allowing Orton to be the starter which was a no brainer .

Edited by T master

I think Marrone gets unfairly shafted in public opinion. While I am no huge fan of his. He has t done anything worth firing as of yet. Hackett on the other hand...

I don't think Marrone should be fired but the offensive debacle is definitely his baby. He's the offensive coach who brought in Hackett to help him run the show. I don't know for sure but I'd guess that Marrone has little, if anything, to do with the D. The offense better be fixed by next year of he should be on the hot seat. By "fixed" I mean middle of the road, it doesn't have to be great, it just has to stop being a liability.

Whaley is probably the biggest asset in the entire franchise. The Bills would be insane to let him go. How many GMs in the league can you say have made as many brilliant moves as he has over the past 2 years?

-The Jerry Hughes trade

-Thigpen and Rambo

Kiko and the Jerry Hughes trade would be enough to him in the "some of the best moves of any GM over the past 2 years" category. The rest is just icing on the cake. Preston Brown has played every defensive snap as a rookie and is looking like a steal for us. Graham has played above his billing in the secondary. Robey has turned into one of the best slot corners in the league. Thigpen and Rambo have surprised me these past couple weeks.

Whaley may very well be the best GM the Bills ever had not named Polian! Whaley should be in the Executive of the Year conversation.

He took a team with barely a backup QB on the roster, absolutely no offensive line, an OC who might actually be mentally touched, hasn't had a winning season in a decade, and has us talking about playoff chances two weeks into December. Coach of the year? Probably not. But the talks of him being fired are tired and laughable.

-The Jerry Hughes trade

-Thigpen and Rambo

THIS.