RGIII report

Agent 91

I heard yesterday that the Bills are in top position to get him. Not that I necessarily want him. But I am just trying to figure out if I am the only one who heard this.

If anyone else has. Where did you hear it? And what is the report based on?

Top position? What does that mean? Do you have a link? And why would we want him? Aren't we tying to improve the QB position?

He has looked bad, but he is in a horrible situation (partly of his own making, I know). I still think he can be salvaged, although I would not want to give up very much for him. There are not a lot of good options out there.

Griffin is far worse than what we have now. So yes ... yes we could.

It always amazes me how people think our situations are always the worst in the NFL, and would prefer players who are truly dumpster fires on their teams. How anyone paying even half attention to the Redskins would want RGIII is mind boggling.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I heard yesterday that the Bills are in top position to get him. Not that I necessarily want him. But I am just trying to figure out if I am the only one who heard this.

If anyone else has. Where did you hear it? And what is the report based on?

can you answer this first?

Edited by nucci

It always amazes me how people think our situations are always the worst in the NFL, and would prefer players who are truly dumpster fires on their teams. I guess hype dies hard.

Did you watch the game and the previous games? Orton is not just bad he is atrocious. He can't move and his mediocre accuracy is steadily getting worse. Our offense has trouble making first downs and it can't score. I have never witnessed worse qbing in all the years that I have watched Bills' games. It's disgusting to watch an NFL qb play at such an embarrassingly low level.

RGIII is a flawed player who is spiraling downwards. He is in a current situation where not only his team but also the organization is in chaos. Is working out a deal for RGIII a gamble. Not really when you consider that Orton as it stands is our first option. That is not acceptable. If he is the starting qb next near the front office should be charged with malfeasance.

In RGIII's first year he demonstrated that he can make plays and extend plays with his legs. The stationary Orton can't do that. The qb from Baylor also demonstrated that he has a terrific arm and that he is accurate. Orton has a weak arm and his throws are scattershot. With an offseason of workouts there is a good chance that RGIII can be restored as a player.

When it gets to the point that the only thing that one can say about an ineffective immobile qb who can't complete passes is that he doesn't usually turn the ball over then the organization is simply giving up.

The Bills have a dominating defense that is being wasted because the play of the qb is wretched. Taking a chance on improving at that position is better than staying with what you got because as it stands doesn't enhance your situation it sets it back.

Securing good qbs is not an easy task for any organization. But if this front office can't upgrade from the garbage that they now have then they have failed in their duties. Orton is not simply bad; he is an embarrassment.

I still believe our best option is Bradford if he is released. RGIII has not shown enough besides his running to prove that he is a Franchise QB, and I was all in on him the year he was drafted.

Bradford has everything it takes to be the Franchise QB. The only question is does he have the durability to play in this league? He has two strikes on the same injury. Will it ever heal enough to allow him to stay healthy?

Edited by simpleman

I'd be OK with him replacing Tuel

He already is kind of a tool. The fragility and boundless self-promotion combination shouldn't be anywhere near a team you want to see succeed. Consider who surpassed him and ceased his job in Washington.

I still believe our best option is Bradford if he is released. RGIII has not shown enough besides his running to prove that he is a Franchise QB, and I was all in on him the year he was drafted.

Bradford has everything it takes to be the Franchise QB. The only question is does he have the durability to play in this league? He has two strikes on the same injury. Will it ever heal enough to allow him to stay healthy?

I never understand why the answer is some guy another team is willing to ditch. Watch alex smith not be good enough down the stretch for the Chiefs again and the Texans flail out of contention. Watch cutler blow it again, unable to carry a talented team anywhere in the post season. The only guy worth considering in the rumor mill of potential cast offs might be Eli, and the Giants are fools to let him walk.

Great QBs and even most of the good ones are drafted and developed. Either they figure out how to get EJ to a Flacco type level of play, or they draft someone else.

He already is kind of a tool. The fragility and boundless self-promotion combination shouldn't be anywhere near a team you want to see succeed. Consider who surpassed him and ceased his job in Washington.

I never understand why the answer is some guy another team is willing to ditch. Watch alex smith not be good enough down the stretch for the Chiefs again and the Texans flail out of contention. Watch cutler blow it again, unable to carry a talented team anywhere in the post season. The only guy worth considering in the rumor mill of potential cast offs might be Eli, and the Giants are fools to let him walk.

Great QBs and even most of the good ones are drafted and developed. Either they figure out how to get EJ to a Flacco type level of play, or they draft someone else.

If Eli goes to the market (slightly less than a 1% chance that happens), you go all-in and be the first team there. Guy takes a lot of crap, deserves some not all, but is legions above anything we have or are discussing.

I dont have a link as I didnt take it to be substantiated. I was wondering if anyone else heard this.

And PTR top position mean that the bills would be willing to do more to get him. Ill try to find where I saw it. But I cant make promises.

Either Agent 91 comes back soon and answers the questions asked here about his source, or this thread is headed for the trash..

Did you not read what I wrote. I wanted to know if anyone else heard this. I am not trying to say I have an inside source. I think its crap. And I wanted to know of anyone else heard anything. That is all. End of story.

It is feasible to start a blog WITH A QUESTION ISNT IT? If you look through my posts I never speculate. I just wanted clarification

I dont have a link as I didnt take it to be substantiated. I was wondering if anyone else heard this.

And PTR top position mean that the bills would be willing to do more to get him. Ill try to find where I saw it. But I cant make promises.

That makes little sense either considering we don't have a first round pick in the upcoming draft.

Thank god for that if this team would be willing to trade it for that mess.

If the very devalued RGIII was to be traded it certainly wouldn't be for a first round pick. There is no doubt that RGIII is a mess. But when you compare him to Orton who not only is the worst starting qb in the league, he is also arguably the worst backup qb in the league. I would rather take a chance on talent that hasn't materialized than be stuck with a qb who has demonstrated his breathtaking ineptitude.

If Eli goes to the market (slightly less than a 1% chance that happens), you go all-in and be the first team there. Guy takes a lot of crap, deserves some not all, but is legions above anything we have or are discussing.

Dont forget how Eli came into the league. He basiclly demanded that he play in NYC and being that hes football royality he got his way. He will never ever play for a small market team especially Buffalo. Wed have a better chance of getting Marino to sign with us

If the very devalued RGIII was to be traded it certainly wouldn't be for a first round pick. There is no doubt that RGIII is a mess. But when you compare him to Orton who not only is the worst starting qb in the league, he is also arguably the worst backup qb in the league. I would rather take a chance on talent that hasn't materialized than be stuck with a qb who has demonstrated his breathtaking ineptitude.

PTR and i were referring to the OP's statement that "top position mean that the bills would be willing to do more to get him".

Unless you think that the best RGIII is going to drum up is a 2nd rounder, I don't see how this statement makes sense.

PTR and i were referring to the OP's statement that "top position mean that the bills would be willing to do more to get him".

Unless you think that the best RGIII is going to drum up is a 2nd rounder, I don't see how this statement makes sense.

If RGIII is on the market he would at best have a maximum value of a third round.. In my view that would be a reasonable price.

So you are tired of "breathtaking ineptitude" but are willing to trade for a QB that have been breathtakingly inept in Washington? I guess since the Redskins gave up so much to get him he must still be really good. Like the way people overvalue Sam Bradford because he was a #1 overall draft pick.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

We trade Manuel to Philly, Philly trades Foles to Wash, Wash trades Griffin to STL, and STL trades Bradford to us. Your problem ....for your problem ....for your problem ...for your problem... And we all hope it works out for everyone.

Oh man I'll take that in a heartbeat.

Either Agent 91 comes back soon and answers the questions asked here about his source, or this thread is headed for the trash..

Ah, come on, it's fun to think about how silly this would be. Party pooper.

We trade Manuel to Philly, Philly trades Foles to Wash, Wash trades Griffin to STL, and STL trades Bradford to us. Your problem ....for your problem ....for your problem ...for your problem... And we all hope it works out for everyone.

Manuel would be the most likely to succeed, hands down. Under Kelly with that type of offense and the talent around him I'd think Manuel could resurrect himself. Bradford under Hackett would be scary.

The OP simply stated that he heard it. He didn't remember where and was wondering if anyone else heard the same thing. Then everyone jumped down his throat. Geez.

I think the problem with the offense is the interior of the O-line, we can't protect well up the middle, and he can't run it well up the middle. Orton is not brady, but he's made some big throws. Hackett needs to play to his strengths, and not press his own agenda. No Qb is going to come to us, we need to draft and develope some were stuck for now.

So you are tired of "breathtaking ineptitude" but are willing to trade for a QB that have been breathtakingly inept in Washington? I guess since the Redskins gave up so much to get him he must still be really good. Like the way people overvalue Sam Bradford because he was a #1 overall draft pick.

This year has been a disaster for RGIII and the Skins. But in his first year he was an impactful player. He was an accurate passer and a tremendous runner. Much of his problems are self-induced with his attitude. There is no doubt that he has been humbled. I would be willing to try a qb who has skills and demonstrated it in his first year than continue with Orton who is immobile and has performed at a dismal level. Orton has always been a pedestrian qb who is now deteriorating to a level of being the worst starting qb in the league.

I don't care how good or bad Bradford is or a Hoyer type qb is. Mediocre qbs are demonstrably better than the ineffectual Orton who game by game gets worse. I'm not looking for an all-star qb to replace him because that caliber of qb is not available. What I'm looking for is a qb than can move better than a three legged giraffe and a qb who is capable of hitting the barn when standing in front of the barn.

Yesterday's performance by Orton was wretched. I never got the sense that he was capable of getting himself out of his funk that gets worse by the week. As I said in prior posts if Orton is the starter next year the front office should be dismissed for malfeasance.