tired of kitty footing around.. dump these guys

BackInDaDay

Marrone, Hackett, Orton and EJ should be cut loose asap.

Promote Schwarz to HC , and let him hire a professional offensive staff.

Our quarterbacks are incapable of making plays, and that isn't gonna change.

Not for Orton.. not for Manuel. They aren't any good. Period.

Marrone and Hackett have been blessed with a defensive and special team unit that can wreck games.. while their timid offensive schemes do nothing to challenge and threaten the opponent.

Enough!

Get a guy with some balls to play QB.. and coaches with the balls to turn him loose.

What a friggin shame!

The offensive plays were there to be made. Just like last week and losses to the Dolphins and Chiefs. The only thing is the players aren't executing.

Why aren't they executing? Who the hell is supposed to prepare them? We're 14 weeks in, with a veteran QB, and we're not finishing plays? C'mon man! The defense is executing. You know why? Because there's a professional coach who's prepared his unit for how he anticipates his guys will be attacked. Not executing should get the guy in charge fired!

Edited by BackInDaDay

lol....guys like backindaday make this board a joke....won 8 games with two to go without a qb, crap for guards, down to third string rb for multiple games, played a tough schedule, built a winning culture, by locker room comments they love playing for him.....so yes lets fire him- thats what bad teams would do. McCarthy went 6-10 we would have fired him, Peyton went 7-9 followed by another 7-9 we would have fired him Pete Carrol went 7-9 followed by another 7-9 we would have fired him. NOT this group - we're building something get out of the way

Edited by CardinalScotts

Why aren't they executing? Who the hell is supposed to prepare them? We're 14 weeks in, with a veteran QB, and we're not finishing plays? C'mon man! The defense is executing. You know why? Because there's a professional coach who's prepared his unit for how he anticipates his guys will be attacked. Not executing should get the guy in charge fired!

Also maybe because the defense is super talented and the offense, well, isn't.

lol....guys like backindaday make this board a joke....won 8 games with two to go without a qb, crap for guards, down to third string rb for multiple games, played a tough schedule, built a winning culture, by locker room comments they love playing for him.....so yes lets fire him- thats what bad teams would do. McCarthy went 6-10 we would have fired him, Peyton went 7-9 followed by another 7-9 we would have fired him Pete Carrol went 7-9 followed by another 7-9 we would have fired him. NOT this group - we're building something get out of the way

We have one unit holding this team back, and it's on the Marrone and Hackett. Our guards are not athletic, but their big enough to play Hackett's WCO, so stop repeating what you hear, and try to understand what they're responsibilities are in the system.

As far as the RBs go, starting with #22 - he deserves as good an effort from his coaches, as he gives on each carry.

Accept mediocrity, delivered in a promise of greatness.. but this team had, and has, a chance to do more - and Marrone and Hackett have failed them for two years

Marrone and Hackett have been blessed with a defensive and special team unit that can wreck games.. while their timid offensive schemes do nothing to challenge and threaten the opponent.

Enough!

Get a guy with some balls to play QB.. and coaches with the balls to turn him loose.

What a friggin shame!

Jeez, cut it out!

Schwarz is excelling at DC, so lets promote him to HC, where in the past, he hasn't excelled.

Cut Orton, and EJ, and replace them with... er... somebody else ? Who exactly???

Our team has progressed to 8-6, and next week we play the miserable Raiders. We are likely looking at a 9-7 season, which would be our best since '04- a record that has not been better since '99. But, CUT MARRONE. TIME TO REBUILD!!!

What are you smoking??? (I wish there were a bong-smoking emoticon)

BackInDaDay, you say you want Schwartz as your HC, and they should let him "hire a professional offensive coaching staff"? Did you miss Schwartz 6 seasons as HC in Detroit? Do you realize that the current QB coach on for the Bills was Schwartz QB coach in Detroit? The notion that because Schwartz has done a great job of getting the best out a group of very talented defenders who were already in place when he got there, is no indication that he could work a miracle with the offense. The Lions offenses were full of talent during his tenure there, but their undisciplined defense and underachieving offense, stocked with high draft picks, are what did him in there. Not trying to take anything away from the job he has done with the Bills, but lets everybody cool there jets on this notion that he is the answer to all the Bills coaching woes.. I am not opposed to the Bills making coaching changes,if they are clear improvements I have also not been the biggest Marrone fan, but I think you/we should just deal with the fact that he will be back next year And you know what, he is earning a return. Given the darkness of the last 15 years, how can you really expect the new owner to can this guy right now? I feel the frustration with the offense, but let Marrone/Whaley tweak things....improvement on the O-line, and improved QB play (wherever that comes from) will make a lot of things look better.

I hope we keep Marrone, if and only if, Schwartz isn't hired somewhere else as a HC. I don't want Schwartz to be our HC, strictly our DC. If Schwartz goes elsewhere, gut Marrone for hiring and keeping Hackett. At this point, I'd start EJ too. Orton is useless. He's really bad.

Enough!

What a friggin shame!

Yes lets change coaches while we are still in the playoff hunt. I want to keep Marrone because he instills toughness and physicality which this franchise hasn't had in decades. Th only Person I would take in the offseason is Harbaugh and that's because he is a proven elite level coach and the dysfunction between him and the front office is why they are stumbling this yr, a house divided can't stand.

Jeez, cut it out!

Schwarz is excelling at DC, so lets promote him to HC, where in the past, he hasn't excelled.

Cut Orton, and EJ, and replace them with... er... somebody else ? Who exactly???

Our team has progressed to 8-6, and next week we play the miserable Raiders. We are likely looking at a 9-7 season, which would be our best since '04- a record that has not been better since '99. But, CUT MARRONE. TIME TO REBUILD!!!

What are you smoking??? (I wish there were a bong-smoking emoticon)

My sentiments exactly. DM will probably deliver the first winning season in ten years so they should fire him.

Is there a word for people that like to be miserable.

I hoped that we would all be on the same page after yesterday. Marrone is staying and he deserves to stay. I've been on the fence about Marrone all year, but he has got us to within a win of a winning season. We haven't had one in 10 years. He must stay.

Love him or hate him, Marrone is focused on the win/loss column, and I agree with you that we should too. A winning season is a wonderful thing to have going into next year with cap space, another round of FA, the draft, and an existing group of young players that may yet emerge.

yes.. the Bills defense shut down one of the most prolific offenses in the league, and our STs scored every point. Just makes one wonder what could have been, if a professional coaching staff prepared our offense as effectively.

Actually the defense scored 2 points. :P

Bingo!

Who is awful. I didn't see much wrong with the coaching today. Funny how Schwartz failed as a HC and one good year as DC and everyone wants to make him a HC again.

Totally agree with the OP. It's a damn shame at how inept the offense has been all year. And of course there has been a boatload of idiotic coaching "game management" decisions by Maroon. Get Harbaugh. ...at any cost.

Wow, and the idiotic OP has someone agreeing with him. Just ridiculous.

No amount of preparation in the world is going to make Orton more accurate than he has been throughout his career or improve his arm strength. If preparation alone were all that is needed to get a QB to play well then there would be a lot more "franchise" quarterbacks around the league.

Playing QB in the NFL is very, very difficult and that is why there are so few good ones out there. No doubt we have a good defensive coach, but we also have lots and lots of talent on that side of the ball. Dareus, Mario and Hughes are all first round picks and Kyle Williams should have been. All four were good players before Schwartz showed up. Hughes is a freak who, at 6'2" and 255 runs a 4.5. Mario is even more of a freak at 6'7", 295 who runs a 4.6, that is unreal. Having a good coach is huge but you gotta have talent.

What's the most important position in football?

I don't think we have a "poor" anything on the defense.

Even second string inst poor. The d is practically all first/second rounders, probowlers or both.

Totally agree with the OP. It's a damn shame at how inept the offense has been all year. And of course there has been a boatload of idiotic coaching "game management" decisions by Maroon. Get Harbaugh. ...at any cost.

Harbaugh??? He's being run out of town after consecutive deep playoff runs. He's toxic.

Kyle Williams-5th round

Nigel Bradham-4th round

Preston Brown-3rd round

Corey Graham-5th round

D'Norris Searcy-4th round

Nikell Robey-UDFA

Duke Williams-4th round

And what's interesting about all those players save Robey and Brown, none of them were asked to do much for the Bills as rookies.

Meanwhile, our offense is depending on first and second year guys all over the field.

Enough!

What a friggin shame!

GTF outta here. We are 8-6 with a chance to make the playoffs in Marrones second season.

I don't have the time to explain the offensive issues this team has had.. where it began, or where it is. I've tried that in other posts. You see an O limited by talent. I see an O being held back by lack of attention to details. What "makes this board a joke" is when ignorant fans keep others from posting their dissent.

Edited by BackInDaDay

I don't have the time to explain the offensive issues this team has had.. where it began, or where it is. I've tried that in other posts. You see an O limited by talent. I see an O being held back by lack of attention to details. What "makes this board a joke" is when ignorant fans keep others from posting their dissent.

Your first mistake was saying cut EJ and Orton loose. That gave you virtually zero support.

Enough!

What a friggin shame!

Agreed. There is a ton of firings that need to happen, if we had a QB and offensive staff worth a **** we are THE team in the AFC this year.

I still believe Pegula should and will install his football guru at the head of the Org Chart.

What the guru does is anyone's call, but I wouldnt blame him one bit if he decided to keep Whaley and Marrone/co around for another season.

I do believe something is/has been up between Marrone and Whaley. Could be just professional differences easily bridged over or something philosophically unfix-able. Something is there though.

This one comes off as just whiney. There are so many varying opinions on these boards that I don't believe the word "dissent" can really apply. And, at what point are "ignorant fans keeping others from posting?" You've started an entire thread based on what I presume to be what you consider "dissent." And you're still here. Edited by Rocky Landing