Colin Kaepernick might very well be available this offseason

The Big Cat

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe those big ass headphones he wears turned his already feeble mind to complete mush.

Kaepernick chokes more often than Fitzpatrick. He would throw as many picks as Fitz except the passes are so bad even the defense can't catch em'.

His athletic legs make him just exciting enough for him to keep a friggin job. Dude sucks long term. He will be a backup qb in 2 years.

No thanks. 10x rather play EJ than that schmuck.

Maybe those big ass headphones he wears turned his already feeble mind to complete mush.

Kaepernick chokes more often than Fitzpatrick. He would throw as many picks as Fitz except the passes are so bad even the defense can't catch em'.

His athletic legs make him just exciting enough for him to keep a friggin job. Dude sucks long term. He will be a backup qb in 2 years.

No thanks. 10x rather play EJ than that schmuck.

He throws it too hard for any defender to catch them. He can only throw one way. He thinks "touch" is just a function on an apple device.

According to Peter King's gut, fwiw.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/02/rams-st-louis-police-ferguson-nfl-week-13-mailbag/

It's the last mailbag segment. But watch anyway, the first one is about what a great job Marrone has done, and I'm sure many here would agree!

As for Kaepernick, if he becomes available, I would LOVE to see him in a Bills uniform. Get him out of the pocket and let him do his thing. His down year is an aberration directly correlated to the push for him to be a more stationary QB.

I guess my biggest question from what is bolded above is this: Who pushed for Kaep to be a stationary QB? Could it be the OC the Buffalo Bills just hired?

They were trying to do the same thing to him that Marrone was trying to do to EJ & we see in both instances how well that worked !!

I hope if Roman uses EJ he studies some of Gailey's tape on how to make use of a players strengths & not change them into something they are not !

Fitz now has his fortune thanks to Chan & he made him a viable QB for a while ...

• 4 months later...

New semi-rumour about CK being available for trade. This author speculates that most likely landing spots are Jets, Eagles and Bears. Lot of conjecture all around so take it FWIW. And for the record - I used to be a fan of Kaepernick but not any more because of serious doubts I have about his maturity and accuracy

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-3-potential-landing-spots-for-colin-kaepernick.html/?ref=YF

Previous discussion on this subject is in this thread ( I started a new thread as the previous discussion was kinda 'old')

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/176728-colin-kaepernick-on-trading-block/

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Kaep is a good athlete and was one PI call from being a SB winning QB just a couple years ago. He can succeed in the right system, but he's never been your traditional style of QB. I hope his work with Kurt Warner really did some good in refining his game. He's still a decent QB, but until he gets his consistency issues under wraps he will never be upper echelon. He also has a bad habit of slinging every pass as hard as he can versus taking a little off when needed. It's all on him now.

Considering our QB situation, I'd hope that Buffalo would be trying to acquire him if he were available. Just need a QB to make this team into a real force. His recent issues aside, he would immediately become our starter.

Edit: I'd give up a 3rd or 2nd that can become a first depending on whether Bills make playoffs.

Edited by fallen627