The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't draft a QB worth battling for the starting job if you pick up Stafford. You keep him safe with help at the OL. No way any QB in the 2nd has the talent to push him.

That said I'd kick the tires and see what he is asking for.

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on him. Doesn't appear he'll get his job back in St. Louis. Would you like us to bring him in? I would love to see him and a qb we draft battle it out for the job.

Overrated, injured half the time, done nothing with a team loaded with high picks...I don't see a downside.

Has anyone besides me watched him play? No, no, no. He's done absolutely nothing in the NFL, especially for a #1 overall pick. He's far too often injured and is scared of being hit on every play. His big extension was a massive mistake by the Rams. It's not my $, but $15 million next year makes him the most overpaid player in the league and I'd hate to see the Bills as the ones that wasted it.

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on him. Doesn't appear he'll get his job back in St. Louis. Would you like us to bring him in? I would love to see him and a qb we draft battle it out for the job.

To back up Kyle, sure.

Has anyone besides me watched him play? No, no, no. He's done absolutely nothing in the NFL, especially for a #1 overall pick. He's far too often injured and is scared of being hit on every play. His big extension was a massive mistake by the Rams. It's not my $, but $15 million next year makes him the most overpaid player in the league and I'd hate to see the Bills as the ones that wasted it.

bring him for minimum or no thanks

I have not watched much of him in the nfl. What I have seen, he hadn't looked good. But he never really seemed to have any good weapons either. I don't care if they give him a look but what is the 14-15 mill all about? If we would need to pay that, heck no. I'm guessing that is only if he was traded that we'd pick up the contract.

Edited by YoloinOhio

hes never been extended

i dont care what his overall pick was

his last full season came with an over 50 QBR, leaving him not far out of line with a guy like orton

id assume you let the two vets battle it out and even if he gets hurt you have orton

id say theres little downside (he wins is healthy in 2015 and then injured from there on?)

depends on how much he wants to be compensated. he's had some big contracts and hasn't lived up to them. i definitely wouldn't trade for him, he's not worth his current contract. is he going to want a lot of guaranteed money? i wouldn't give him any big money up front, he's hasn't been healthy enough to deserve it. if he's willing to come in on a Kyle Orton type contract where let's see if you end up starting and if you do there's more money for you next year type deal then definitely! iI think if he looks around the league he will see this is his best opportunity. we have a good young team and he could really rejuvenate his career here and then the big money will soon follow. if he's willing to compete for the starting job and earn his money then by all means sign him! if he's looking for a desperate team to give him tons of up front money again then no thanks

He'll be available, and I like what he can do as a passer. Health is the big question. I posted this before; here's a very comprehensive all-22 look at him:

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/the-eye-in-the-sky-the-st-louis-rams-should-commit-to-sam-bradford-for-2014.html

Thanks for sharing! And, to be honest, his greatest detraction is his injury history. Personally, IF the BILLS were to bring him in, I would keep Orton and EJ and allow Bradford to take the reigns. Orton provides a Vet back-up (if he still wants to stay with the signing of Bradford) and EJ gets time to develop and assume the back-up role if called upon. To me, this provides depth and security to have a good layer of QBs behind an often injured starter, but at the same time immediately gives the BILLS a legit NFL QB...and if Orton doesn't want to stay, EJ could keep the spot he has and the BILLS can pursue another Vet back-up....and, if Bradford's injuries continue, they should have another 1st Round pick in 2016 without sacrificing the entire 2015 season absent a QB.

You should have simply looked here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/171434-can-sam-bradford-be-the-bills-drew-brees/

or here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170016-sam-bradford-tears-acl-out-for-the-season/

I'd rather have Darrell Bevell as the head coach next year and see what we can get out of EJ under his scheme. Bevell will get the ball to our play makers (especially Watkins) that is for sure. I also think EJ could dramatically improve under Bevell and it saves us money in terms of other options like Bradford.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I have not watched much of him in the nfl. What I have seen, he hadn't looked good. But he never really seemed to have any good weapons either. I don't care if they give him a look but what is the 14-15 mill all about? If we would need to pay that, heck no. I'm guessing that is only if he was traded that we'd pick up the contract.

its his rookie deal - even if traded, id assume hed work out a new contract but more than likely he will be cut and probably get an deal more in line with KO

its his rookie deal - even if traded, id assume hed work out a new contract but more than likely he will be cut and probably get an deal more in line with KO

My question is - and I'm not challenging anyone I just have seen 1 game of Austin Davis... if he is so good like many say, why would they get rid of him?

My question is - and I'm not challenging anyone I just have seen 1 game of Austin Davis... if he is so good like many say, why would they get rid of him?

My only assumption is that the Rams are going forward with Davis and don't want to pay Bradford big money to be a backup.

because hes had injury issues, wasnt drafted by this coach, and who knows how willing to take a pay cut to stay he would be (i think some guys would rather start fresh if they are going to eat a huge salary reduction anyway).... and he hasnt been consistently terrific, simply good with flashes up and down from that.

hes not a slam dunk to succeed, simply one of the better risk/reward guys that are likely to be available.

Edited by NoSaint

because hes had injury issues, wasnt drafted by this coach, and who knows how willing to take a pay cut to stay he would be (i think some guys would rather start fresh if they are going to eat a huge salary reduction anyway).... and he hasnt been consistently terrific, simply good with flashes up and down from that.

hes not a slam dunk to succeed, simply one of the better risk/reward guys that are likely to be available.

So - and I haven't followed the Rams - why do they even want him to take pay cut? That isn't that much for a franchise QB. Unless they have decided he isn't. I don't know if he is, he has never gotten to the playoffs, they always seem to have decent talent on defense and IMO a good HC.

So - and I haven't followed the Rams - why do they even want him to take pay cut? That isn't that much for a franchise QB. Unless they have decided he isn't. I don't know if he is, he has never gotten to the playoffs, they always seem to have decent talent on defense and IMO a good HC.

because hes going to finish his 5th year with only 49 games played and hasnt established himself as a franchise qb -- its not a lot for a franchise guy, but is a lot for a chance that he is. hes also a free agent in just a year so they need to make some sort of decision on building around him, or something else. its not a fact that they will move on but looking at guys on rosters currently -- hes one that stands out as most likely to move.

Edited by NoSaint

because hes going to finish his 5th year with only 49 games played and hasnt established himself as a franchise qb -- its not a lot for a franchise guy, but is a lot for a chance that he is. hes also a free agent in just a year so they need to make some sort of decision on building around him, or something else. its not a fact that they will move on but looking at guys on rosters currently -- hes one that stands out as most likely to move.

thanks

He was great in 2013 before he went down. 14TD's 4 INT's and 1700 yds in 5 games.

Thanks for clearing things up for people. He has a high ceiling and is an obvious injury risk. You'd have to keep Orton as a backup. Houston, Buffalo and Miami are the most likely to land a veteran QB IMO and those 3 being (a Washington guy, a Cleveland guy and Bradford). I think RG goes to Houston, Bradford Buffalo and Hoyer to Miami. I think that Tenn, TB and Jets draft guys.

Bradford is the appropriate age to mesh with the current talent and they will not lose 2 seasons on a stop gap or young QB. They will try to catch lightning in a bottle. He is capable of playing at a Dalton/Flacco level which should be good enough for this team to compete.

I'd be fine with Orton, Bradford, and EJ competing for the starting job next season, with a new OC.

If Bradford is healthy it really isn't much of a competition. Edited by Kirby Jackson

2015 Sam Bradford Cap Hit.

$16.6 mil 2015 Cap Hit

$3.6 mil 2015 Dead Money if cut

$13.0 mil in Cap Savings

he's gone.

http://www.spotrac.c...s/sam-bradford/

Bradford will be cut. No team will pay his contract, not even the Rams, especially if this Austin Dvis charactor keeps playing as well as he is.

I would really like to take a flyer on him, not at his current contract, but on a new one, absolutely.

Bradford will be cut. No team will pay his contract, not even the Rams, especially if this Austin Dvis charactor keeps playing as well as he is.

I would really like to take a flyer on him, not at his current contract, but on a new one, absolutely.

i'm thinking he will get at least $10 mil yr as a free agent.

He was great in 2013 before he went down. 14TD's 4 INT's and 1700 yds in 5 games.

Wait...... are you presenting FACTS ??? I tried that for a few years here. Doesn't work.

If we have the cap space I would bring the guy in for sure. Idle money is stupid when you have a multibillionaire owner and an aggressive GM.

For those of you who don't like the idea of signing Bradford, let me ask you, what if we had the salary room to do it and you had the choice to either bring him in or just have the money sitting in the bank doing nothing. What is your answer then?

My pet peeve is when people say someone is too expensive but they have no idea what type of creative salary structure an athlete is willing to take nor do they understand how much room we have to spend?

If you don't understand those two things (i don't), how can you say no? How? There are NO playoffs for teams with mediocre qb's people. None.

Edited by Webster Guy

I have watched Bradford's career to some extent because i had a chance to speak with Dave Caldwell right before that draft and he felt Bradford was a legit franchise QB.

The injuries are what scares the heck out of everyone now and why Bradford will most likely be a FA, not his talent.

IF he is cut i would suspect some team will give him a two year deal similar to KO however you may have to include some incentives for good play and team performance, the market will dictate this.