The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't draft a QB worth battling for the starting job if you pick up Stafford. You keep him safe with help at the OL. No way any QB in the 2nd has the talent to push him.

That said I'd kick the tires and see what he is asking for.

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on him. Doesn't appear he'll get his job back in St. Louis. Would you like us to bring him in? I would love to see him and a qb we draft battle it out for the job.

Overrated, injured half the time, done nothing with a team loaded with high picks...I don't see a downside.

Has anyone besides me watched him play? No, no, no. He's done absolutely nothing in the NFL, especially for a #1 overall pick. He's far too often injured and is scared of being hit on every play. His big extension was a massive mistake by the Rams. It's not my $, but $15 million next year makes him the most overpaid player in the league and I'd hate to see the Bills as the ones that wasted it.

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on him. Doesn't appear he'll get his job back in St. Louis. Would you like us to bring him in? I would love to see him and a qb we draft battle it out for the job.

To back up Kyle, sure.

Has anyone besides me watched him play? No, no, no. He's done absolutely nothing in the NFL, especially for a #1 overall pick. He's far too often injured and is scared of being hit on every play. His big extension was a massive mistake by the Rams. It's not my $, but $15 million next year makes him the most overpaid player in the league and I'd hate to see the Bills as the ones that wasted it.

bring him for minimum or no thanks

I have not watched much of him in the nfl. What I have seen, he hadn't looked good. But he never really seemed to have any good weapons either. I don't care if they give him a look but what is the 14-15 mill all about? If we would need to pay that, heck no. I'm guessing that is only if he was traded that we'd pick up the contract.

Edited by YoloinOhio

hes never been extended

i dont care what his overall pick was

his last full season came with an over 50 QBR, leaving him not far out of line with a guy like orton

id assume you let the two vets battle it out and even if he gets hurt you have orton

id say theres little downside (he wins is healthy in 2015 and then injured from there on?)

depends on how much he wants to be compensated. he's had some big contracts and hasn't lived up to them. i definitely wouldn't trade for him, he's not worth his current contract. is he going to want a lot of guaranteed money? i wouldn't give him any big money up front, he's hasn't been healthy enough to deserve it. if he's willing to come in on a Kyle Orton type contract where let's see if you end up starting and if you do there's more money for you next year type deal then definitely! iI think if he looks around the league he will see this is his best opportunity. we have a good young team and he could really rejuvenate his career here and then the big money will soon follow. if he's willing to compete for the starting job and earn his money then by all means sign him! if he's looking for a desperate team to give him tons of up front money again then no thanks

He'll be available, and I like what he can do as a passer. Health is the big question. I posted this before; here's a very comprehensive all-22 look at him:

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/the-eye-in-the-sky-the-st-louis-rams-should-commit-to-sam-bradford-for-2014.html

Thanks for sharing! And, to be honest, his greatest detraction is his injury history. Personally, IF the BILLS were to bring him in, I would keep Orton and EJ and allow Bradford to take the reigns. Orton provides a Vet back-up (if he still wants to stay with the signing of Bradford) and EJ gets time to develop and assume the back-up role if called upon. To me, this provides depth and security to have a good layer of QBs behind an often injured starter, but at the same time immediately gives the BILLS a legit NFL QB...and if Orton doesn't want to stay, EJ could keep the spot he has and the BILLS can pursue another Vet back-up....and, if Bradford's injuries continue, they should have another 1st Round pick in 2016 without sacrificing the entire 2015 season absent a QB.