The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, probably not.

If I were in his agent's shoes, I'd tell any team that I'm not renegotiating the contract without a raise; no reason to give up a bird in the hand.

On the open market, where he's subject to his current-day value, I think we'd have a better shot at a reasonable deal.

that would be my only hang up. But I could also see a bidding war happen and the price going up pretty high. Imo I take the guarantee for the low draft pick.

However of all the teams that need a qb we are the most attractive so he may decide to come here for less money.

Edited by kr632

if they can draw up contracts for multiple FAs I'm pretty sure one more won't be a problem.

Bigger than you'd think. Obviously you've never had someone try to slip something bad for you into a contract before. Both sides need time to negotiate and comb through these deals - especially such large ones. Agents and GMs can destroy their careers with a stupid mistake like that.

The Bills are not in as bad of an immediate spot cap-wise as most think anyway. The Rule of 51 applies until final cut downs so they have more space now than it appears than when looking at the total for all of the contracts.

Bigger than you'd think. Obviously you've never had someone try to slip something bad for you into a contract before. Both sides need time to negotiate and comb through these deals - especially such large ones. Agents and GMs can destroy their careers with a stupid mistake like that.

The Bills are not in as bad of an immediate spot cap-wise as most think anyway. The Rule of 51 applies until final cut downs so they have more space now than it appears than when looking at the total for all of the contracts.

Anyone who thinks the Bills are in a bad spot cap-wise doesn't understand the salary cap.

teams have multiple people working for this specific purpose and do this every year. It's not that serious. They have been discussing numbers with many free agents for the last few days. It's not like everybody needs to stop and just focus on that one contract. Edited by kr632

there's this bit of news on Twitter:

I believe #SamBradford could quite possibly, maybe even likely, be waking up this morning for the last time as a member of the #Rams. #NFL

He didn't specifically say anything about the Bills but this could be something...

Chenelly called it.