The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand all the excitement for an oft injured QB? What has Bradford actually accomplished in the league? I, for one, want no part of Bradford. I'd have to have a defibrillator stationed near me every time he took a sack!

because if you can get him cheap in a trade hes the best option over any other QB that we have a chance at

When he came out of college one of his biggest strengths was accuracy.

But the deal has to be cheap no reason to give up any big assets to bring him in

because if you can get him cheap in a trade hes the best option over any other QB that we have a chance at

When he came out of college one of his biggest strengths was accuracy.

But the deal has to be cheap no reason to give up any big assets to bring him in

He is a 58.6% passer in the NFL (the same as EJ) and has a lower ypa than both EJ and Captain Checkdown himself. He has a career high 21 tds in 16 (1.3 per game), which he accomplished in his 3rd season. EJ had 11 tds in 10 games as a rookie (1.1).

In their 2nd years, Bradford threw 6 tds in 10 games. Manuel got benched after throwing 5tds in 4 games.

If Bradford was a free agent, this would be different. But if Bradford didn't get drafted #1 overall, he would have much less hype. The reality is he hasn't proven himself to much more of a NFL starter than Manuel to this point.

I just don't understand all the excitement for an oft injured QB? What has Bradford actually accomplished in the league? I, for one, want no part of Bradford. I'd have to have a defibrillator stationed near me every time he took a sack!

Have you looked at the QBs available to QB starved teams like Buffalo? Have you considered the fact that this defense cannot maintain its level of play forever? Have you considered that with a QB & some o-line help this is a really good team?

What would you like to do to attempt to fix the position?

Have you looked at the QBs available to QB starved teams like Buffalo? Have you considered the fact that this defense cannot maintain its level of play forever? Have you considered that with a QB & some o-line help this is a really good team?

What would you like to do to attempt to fix the position?

Exactly. Sam Bradford could be our Trent Dilfer.

Serious question: How much better is Bradford than Jake Locker?

I'm not convinced he's any better than Locker. Both have major durability concerns, but Locker can actually move around and has a stronger arm. Their completion %'s are almost dead on, their QB ratings are almost dead on and Locker averages .8 yards more per attempt. (The Titans were much more of a downfield offense than the Rams).

For the life of me I can't understand why people seem to dismiss Locker without giving it a second thought but are so convinced Bradford can be the answer.

He is a 58.6% passer in the NFL (the same as EJ) and has a lower ypa than both EJ and Captain Checkdown himself. He has a career high 21 tds in 16 (1.3 per game), which he accomplished in his 3rd season. EJ had 11 tds in 10 games as a rookie (1.1).

In their 2nd years, Bradford threw 6 tds in 10 games. Manuel got benched after throwing 5tds in 4 games.

If Bradford was a free agent, this would be different. But if Bradford didn't get drafted #1 overall, he would have much less hype. The reality is he hasn't proven himself to much more of a NFL starter than Manuel to this point.

Signing Bradford wouldn't excite me for these reasons (and the fact he's injury prone) but I do hope we bring in some competition. And Bradford's about as good as anyone else 'available' - though I'd hate to cough up a high draft pick for him.

If we did sign Bradford, we'd have to begin the season with 4 QBs.

rumors are what they are

http://www.inquisitr.com/1861035/cleveland-browns-rumors-sam-bradford-a-trade-target-as-johnny-manziels-position-falls/

Cleveland Browns Rumors: Sam Bradford A Trade Target As Johnny Manziel’s Position Falls

This is ridiculous, BF4E, it's not like Cleveland has an extra first round draft pick to tr...oh...OK.

"Excitment" is relative. The other options being discussed are Josh McCown, Mark Sanchez & EJ Manuel. I was never a fan but he has the most upside by a lot; which admittedly doesn't mean he's worth whatever he may cost.

That's nice.,

Still the best option out there if we can get him with cheap compensation. that's all that I am saying. You're not bringing in anyone better or with more upside

Honest question...have you ever actually watched Sam Bradford play? I've noticed that you keep throwing out the most basic of stats to say that he and EJ Manuel are basically the same guy. I can't even begin to describe how ridiculous that is.

Look at what he's had to work with in his time there. His RBs have been Steven Jackson (who had been run into the ground before Bradford even got there) and a bunch of scrubs. His receivers? Amendola (Edelman's crappier twin brother), Brandon Lloyd (yippee), Tavon Austin (aka Roscoe Parrish) and some guys they found tailgating in the parking lot before games. His o-line, other than a few serviceable games early on by Roger Saffold, has been a mess. And to top it off, he's had the combo of Jeff Fisher and Brian "lets go play action on 3rd and 24" Schottenheimer as his coaches. And lets not forget the division he plays in and how good those defenses are that he has had to go up against 6 times a year.

I'm hoping the Rams are stupid enough to let him go, but I don't see it happening. If it did, and Buffalo was lucky enough to get him, my guess is you'd see very early on that there is a huge difference between him and EJ Manuel.

Honest question...have you ever actually watched Sam Bradford play? I've noticed that you keep throwing out the most basic of stats to say that he and EJ Manuel are basically the same guy. I can't even begin to describe how ridiculous that is.

Look at what he's had to work with in his time there. His RBs have been Steven Jackson (who had been run into the ground before Bradford even got there) and a bunch of scrubs. His receivers? Amendola (Edelman's crappier twin brother), Brandon Lloyd (yippee), Tavon Austin (aka Roscoe Parrish) and some guys they found tailgating in the parking lot before games. His o-line, other than a few serviceable games early on by Roger Saffold, has been a mess. And to top it off, he's had the combo of Jeff Fisher and Brian "lets go play action on 3rd and 24" Schottenheimer as his coaches. And lets not forget the division he plays in and how good those defenses are that he has had to go up against 6 times a year.

I'm hoping the Rams are stupid enough to let him go, but I don't see it happening. If it did, and Buffalo was lucky enough to get him, my guess is you'd see very early on that there is a huge difference between him and EJ Manuel.

:blink:I am pretty sure the Rams don't want to pay a bench warmer $12,985,000 in base salary with a cap hit of $16,580,000 and would be more than happy to dump his salary

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/cap/

who's dumb I mean desperate enough to pay that money?

please don't say Buffalo

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

:blink:I am pretty sure the Rams don't want to pay a bench warmer $12,985,000 in base salary with a cap hit of $16,580,000 and would be more than happy to dump his salary

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/cap/

who's dumb I mean desperate enough to pay that money?

please don't say Buffalo

I do not think they think he is a bench warmer. I believe their thinking is he gets hurt again and have to take a cap hit of $16,580,000. If he can stay healthy, and that is a HUGE if, he is the starter there and they have a good chance at the playoffs. Same would be true for us, but the HUGE if is always the devil in the details.

Oh, so a bad o-line, bad offensive coaching, bad running game are all valid excuses as to why a QB's play would suffer? I would never have guessed.

EJ (Rookie - 10 games) 28 20+ yd passes

Bradford (Best year - 16 games) 41 20+ yd passes

I know, I know, eye test something or other.

Edited by What a Tuel