The all Sam Bradford thread

This just makes too much sense. He is the right age to fit in with this group. The Bills need to get a little lucky to find their franchise guy. If he can stay healthy (that is an ENORMOUS if) he has a chance to give them a Flacco like level of play. On this team that middle of the road type of performance may very well be good enough to win a Super Bowl. I am much more confident that he can be a top 15ish type of QB than I am that he can stay healthy for the whole season.

Absolutely. He is better than anything we have by a country mile. It's just a matter of his health, which of course is a huge IF. However, considering his talent level and what he could bring to the table it would make complete sense to trade a 2nd for him. Of course as some as mentioned he would have to pass a thorough team physical and a restructuring of his contract.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way in Hell Rams are letting him go without someone better....not a freakin' chance.

Maybe he told Rams he has no interest in re-signing. Seems like the next couple of years could be a sh!# - show for that organization with the very real possibility they move to LA. Might be smart move for Rams to load up on future draft picks.

@viccarucci: Hearing the #Bills are not pursuing #Rams QB Sam Bradford, as beinig reported, from a source in the know.

. If that is true he should be fired. His job is to find and report news, not be schill for the organization. His source told him what he reported, I would imagine, as a news item in itself with no spoken ulterior reason. Edited by purple haze

I would be shocked if Bradford could be had without a first involved. It would probably take this year's second and next year's first. Would St. Louis take EJ plus this year's second? Even if this were the case, it would be a huge risk for the Bills. No question that Bradford has the ability, but I would be very uncomfortable with betting so much on a guy who is one hit away from a wheelchair. He has had three season ending injuries in the last 5 years. If I were a betting man, I would not bet on him ending that propensity, especially since he was never that mobile to begin with.

EDIT - Based on the latest news - never mind.

Edited by MDFan

@JoeBuscaglia: Hearing from multiple people now that this Bradford and #Bills thing is nothing but smoke. #MoveAlongNothingToSeeHere

Kinda glad... I see him as another Kolb. Might be good, and might get it done for us, but incredibly risky. I'd rather roll the dice and develop EJ, frankly.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/sam-bradford/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/cap/

>>>>>Base $12,985,000, Signing Bonus $3,595,000, Cap Hit $16,580,000

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/

contract terms $78,045,000, AVG salary $13,007,500, Guaranteed $50,000,000<<<<<

The Bills would NOT be responsible for his bonus.

The Bills used a first, and gave up the next years first and fourth to get a WR. What good is a stud WR without someone to throw the ball to him? If Whaley was willing to give up that much for Watkins it should be reasonable to assume he would be willing to give up at least that much for a viable QB. The question them becomes does Whaley think Bradford is a viable QB, particularly when compared to Manuel.

Fitz didn't have the tools of Bradford and Bledsoe was just a terrible athlete. I think that Bradford is the most likely of that group to carry that level of play out for 16 games. I just don't think that he can last 16 games. Every guy that they are going after comes with some risk. I would rather take my chances that Bradford could stay healthy than on Josh McCown or Mark Sanchez getting good.

Good post, I guess we just disagree. I've never seen anything special about Bradford since college. He looks the part and seems to be able to go through progressions. But he doesn't have a strong arm, isn't very mobile, & seems to get hurt every time he gets hit. JMO.

I dont know how anyone could be against this. KO got us to 9-7 and he's a freaking wuss.

If we got a former number one overall pick that has played well when healthy and kept him upright for 12 games wed be in the playoffs

Because that former #1 overall pick is 18-30.

@JoeBuscaglia: Hearing from multiple people now that this Bradford and #Bills thing is nothing but smoke. #MoveAlongNothingToSeeHere

Still curious where the rumor came from? It was clearly big enough the get every reporter to call his sources/or the other way around. If there is any truth to it, it shows the Bills are seriously pursuing trading for the Bradford/RGIII/Cutler market.

While this empty story excites me, I really think the Rams will not move Bradford and this is more negotiation tactics from the Rams for dealing with Bradford's agent.

Agreed. The Rams are just letting Bradford see what other contracts would be offered by other teams if he was traded. (No team would trade anything of value for him without a longterm deal in place.) Just a way for the Rams to drive down his demands.

Edited by BarleyNY

As someone who lives in St. Louis and listens to local sports radio daily I can tell you that the Rams and the city of St. Louis are ready to move on from Bradford. They are trying to negotiate for a new stadium and Jeff Fisher needs to produce results or he will find himself out of a job so I could easily see them trading Bradford for a 3rd or less just to shed the salary and attempt to breathe some life in the Rams (at least that is the local speculation).