The all Sam Bradford thread

oh please.. STOP with the madness!!!!

Bradford's got a cap hit of $16,580,000 ....

insanity

plus you could have discussed this here

Bills are pursuing sam Bradford trade

The Bills don't really have a cap issue, and it's easy to restructure (they're going to want him for more than one year anyway, and that would necessitate a new contract). Not sure what the issue is ...

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just makes too much sense. He is the right age to fit in with this group. The Bills need to get a little lucky to find their franchise guy. If he can stay healthy (that is an ENORMOUS if) he has a chance to give them a Flacco like level of play. On this team that middle of the road type of performance may very well be good enough to win a Super Bowl. I am much more confident that he can be a top 15ish type of QB than I am that he can stay healthy for the whole season.

Sums up what I think about this quite well.

This would worry me John. Pegula took over the Sabres and just spent money like crazy. They missed terribly on free agents and now have to tank to rebuild their teams.

If a team thinks a guy can be a franchise QB, they aren't going to move him, no matter the price. If (and who knows with these reports) the Rams trade Bradford, they don't think he is good. That worries me.

They benched him for 48 year old Shaun Hill.

C. Biscuit, I wouldn't be opposed to this. It might not work, but sometimes you gotta roll the dice. The upside is high. He was playing well in 2013 before getting hurt.

Id assume the trade would be contingent on him passing a Bills physical AND also contingent on him restructuring his contract and signing an extension.

Despite a few crazy arguments so far -- Id say that's about as safe as an assumption could be.

I think the discussion is roughly: Physical, 2nd round pick this year and a 4 next that can escalate with conditions and say a 3 year 30 mil deal leaving him time to sign one last monster deal if he earns it?

I think thats a rough jumping off

Edited by NoSaint

Who knows what is true and what isn't. Does anyone care to give a hypothetical price on a Bradford trade? I am thinking a 2 this year and a conditional 2 or 3 next year that becomes a 2 or 1 based on certain benchmarks. It is a total guess but if the Browns are looking too you will have to put a better package together if you want him.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think the Browns want Bradford BAD and we are doing the Rams a solid by presenting an alternative to help create a "bidding war".

If the Rams want Mariotta, dealing Bradford to the Browns would take out a Mariotta bidder while giving the Rams more ammunition to move up, especially if they get the 19th pick from Cleveland.