Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably decided he's not worth the headaches he's probably causing. showed up late to the last home game. probably not setting a good example for the young guys in meetings and on the field etc. that's too bad, he has a lot of talent. he's a big physical guy that can jump out of the stadium. would be a good redzone weapon if we had a QB that could get him the ball.

Hadn't heard about any off the field issues since he has been a Bill... I was very surprised when he wasn't dressed for yesterdays' game. I just assumed they were sitting him, because they wanted to give Hogan more playing time, and wanted more line rotation for the matchup yesterday... too bad. I really thought he was going to be our "ace in the hole" this season, on offense. I guess we still haven't found one of those... :cry:

@ChrisBrownBills

Mike Williams' agent called GM Doug Whaley & asked if his client could be traded. Whaley said they're not shopping anyone on roster. #Bills

Whaley added that as GM of club it's his job to listen if another GM calls about any player. #Bills

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley says Mike Williams' agent has called to request a trade. Bills are not actively shopping him.

Doug Whaley: “We like Mike Williams. We expect him back. We expect big things from him. But like everyone, if he gets us compensation …"

Whaley cont.: “… worthy of a number one wide receiver, which he claimed he is, then we would entertain it."

Only thing I can say about this is: strange

I think this will be good for the Bills, though. marrone will either be a stubborn prick with Hackett clueless to use him. Or we will see MWilliams come out and play

There is miscommunication somewhere from office to field.

Only thing I can say about this is: strange

I think this will be good for the Bills, though. marrone will either be a stubborn prick with Hackett clueless to use him. Or we will see MWilliams come out and play

There is miscommunication somewhere from office to field.

Whaley traded for two players this off-season. Both are inactive.

Edited by CountDorkula

Disappointing. The guy has loads of talent. I can understand if he was frustrated with the offense.

Maybe there's something else going on, though.

In one of his pressers a couple weeks ago he made a comment that worried me a bit. Something like "Talking with my mom on the phone and she's like darn, Mike, last year you had 80 catches and this year you have 3!" And then he goes on to say how his main focus is just the team winning. I got the sense the frustrating was building with him not getting enough opportunities. Of course the next week he caught the 80 yd bomb from EJ. But seriously, what a joke. He's a serious weapon and this team has no clue how to use their talent on offense.

the whole thing is just strange. i think he came in expecting to be a full normal WR rotation and has gotten far less (and now sat). i dont know that the lack of reps is lack of ability as much as our offense just being a mess with no identity.

if he was causing troubles behind the scenes, i doubt his agent would put public pressure on the bills like this and risk his client getting dirt spilled on him (and have it end up being his 3rd toxic situation with a team). could be, but....

Whaley traded for two players this off-season. Both are inactive.

I bet it'll come to Whaley or Marrone (and his staff) who have to go. They don't seem on the same page, and as Whaley didn't hire Marrone, he has no allegiance to him. I'd rather have Whaley and let him choose his next coach. Would be an attractive job with the Pegulas and their record of at least spending and how loyal they are (too loyal to Regier, but I think they've learned).