Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

Mike Williams then needs to work with special teams if her wants to play; other starters do so why not him unless he does not want to play special teams.

If he is NOT trying to get traded he needs to stop saying his agent is just doing is job and tell agent to shut up unless he asks to be traded.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another data point to add. Was at the Detroit game on visitor side. Saw Orton say something to Williams and Williams immediately recoiled like an ant that just got sprayed. This happened twice in a row. Then later all the receivers were sitting together with the rest of the offense, trying to get each other motivated, and looking at the still photos. But Mike was the only one off by himself, kneeling on one knee and looking out onto the field.

Don't know if either thing means anything, but both stuck out to me. Before that, I hadn't heard, read, or thought anything negative about him since he joined the Bills

Yeah, losing that 6th round pick to take a chance on a former #1 1,000 yard receiver is really going to set this club back for years. :rolleyes:

His contract states "2015 Salary Guarantees on 3rd league day of 2015". Cutting him before then costs us $0 and no cap hit. We also could renegotiate the contract if we want to keep him.

The Frankish Reich, let me introduce you to Mr. Pegula. Mr. Pegula, The Frankish Reich. Nuff said.

Interesting. Thanks for the clarifiction ... that makes the Williams signing (and likely dumping) much less concerning.

Another data point to add. Was at the Detroit game on visitor side. Saw Orton say something to Williams and Williams immediately recoiled like an ant that just got sprayed. This happened twice in a row. Then later all the receivers were sitting together with the rest of the offense, trying to get each other motivated, and looking at the still photos. But Mike was the only one off by himself, kneeling on one knee and looking out onto the field.

Don't know if either thing means anything, but both stuck out to me. Before that, I hadn't heard, read, or thought anything negative about him since he joined the Bills

This is interesting and could be very telling as I think body language on the sidelines during a game often is. We can tell a lot by it sometimes. If Williams is looking to be on a team where he's the featured receiver and is not happy here because he isn't (and I'm totally not saying that's the case) then he can't get out of town fast enough. Or, if he can't take constructive criticism and correction after running incorrect routes, not hustling, etc., the he can also catch the earliest flight out of town as well.

Regardless, he was benched for a reason and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets let go.

GO BILLS!!!

IMO, Whaley has done a better job than Marrone. We have a Ferrari of weapons and have a 16 year old who just got his license driving it.

Agree with you here. I hate the idea of yet another reboot, with another coach, OC and DC, but Marrone is getting on my nerves consistently. This team, offensively, is not well managed at all. It's disgusting. Marrone has done some things I like, but all in all I think he's leaving a lot on the table for no good reason. And this latest thing with Mike Williams is yet another iron in the fire.

This is interesting and could be very telling as I think body language on the sidelines during a game often is. We can tell a lot by it sometimes. If Williams is looking to be on a team where he's the featured receiver and is not happy here because he isn't (and I'm totally not saying that's the case) then he can't get out of town fast enough. Or, if he can't take constructive criticism and correction after running incorrect routes, not hustling, etc., the he can also catch the earliest flight out of town as well.

Regardless, he was benched for a reason and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets let go.

GO BILLS!!!

What reason? Spiller doesn't get plays in space. Doesn't run pass routes down field a la Gailey's tenure. Sammy Watkins gets three targets in a big game. Erik Pears, is an average RT who is getting rag-dolled at OG for another week. Fred Jackson is returning punts at times (I love Fred, but really?) and our OC loves to call pass plays that max out with short routes. I'm not thinking anything about Mike Williams. I'm looking at Marrone and his management at this point. Mike Williams has more clout with me at this point.

i figured there was more to it. Thanks for the insight. Hope MW can get it together.

GO BILLS!!!

Interviews with Whaley and Marrone have been all over the sports news here in Roch the past few days. Both of them making statements like he has not given the Bills one ounce of trouble and they want him on the team, and last Sunday was nothing more than a "numbers game". When the prospect of a trade comes up, Whaley says that they will listen to offers from other teams for any player on the roster. But they are not shopping anyone right now and have received no calls about Williams. Unless they are both lying it would seem Williams isn't going anywhere.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The New York Daily News reports that the Giants have "some interest" in disgruntled Bills WR Mike Williams.

In the wake of Victor Cruz's season-ending knee injury, the Giants will at least explore Williams. He's been granted permission to seek a trade after getting scratched in Week 6. Still, the Giants would be insane to give up compensation for an average player who is set to make $5.2 million guaranteed in 2015. They're better off going in-house, expanding Odell Beckham's role and giving Preston Parker/Corey Washington shots.