Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A program he eventually turned around, no ?

is a 4 season stretch of

4-8

8-5

5-7

8-5

turning around? its better, and he deserves some credit there but i dont know that its actually proving he turned the program into a consistent winner or anything.

if we are going to be a 2 WR team that leans on 3 TE sets.... im not sure why we have spent 2 firsts, a second, a third, and a 6th that came with a big contract on WRs in the last 18 months and drafted only a 7th round TE and let our #1 test the waters and take him back after no interest.

i agree that there is a lot of day to day we dont have access too -- whats frustrating though is running through the "what ifs" very few make me say "ah ok, that makes sense" on a global level and those that do come down pretty hard on MW (and by proxy make you wonder about marrones judgement on him in the first place).

Great point.

I can't tell you how irritated I get when we open every game in a 2-receiver, 2-TE set. I already know what day it is going to be on offense. Handoff to spiller, one of our power blocking TEs gets blown off the ball, 3-yd loss.

We have 3, maybe 4, great receivers, with 2 RBs who are great receivers. Maybe using those guys would be a good idea.

is a 4 season stretch of

4-8

8-5

5-7

8-5

turning around? its better, and he deserves some credit there but i dont know that its actually proving he turned the program into a consistent winner or anything.

I think we are all talking ourselves into painting a terrible picture of Marrone. For sure there are items which point to him being a control freak but I am not sure that trait directly translates into being a bad/loser coach. I think about this thread as an argument with the wife - when it is heated, we pick up minor items of complaint and declare the other to be a a** or worse. In reality, we aren't that at all but rather given to a few errors. In the same way, Marrone may have stumbled a few times, but the more we discuss it and the more we dig deep, the worse he looks. I guarantee that a couple of back to back wins will dampen this thread.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I think we are all talking ourselves into painting a terrible picture of Marrone. For sure there are items which point to him being a control freak but I am not sure that trait directly translates into being a bad/loser coach. I think about this thread as an argument with the wife - when it is heated, we pick up minor items of complaint and declare the other to be a a** or worse. In reality, we aren't that at all but rather given to a few errors. In the same way, Marrone may have stumbled a few times, but the more we discuss it and the more we dig deep, the worse he looks. I guarantee that a couple of back to back wins will dampen this thread.

Explosive plays that generate large chunks of yards in one shot are a big factor in winning games in today's NFL. This Hackett/Marrone offense is showing little to know ability to create plays like this despite having explosive playmaking talent (Sammy and CJ) in the arsenal. The ultra conservative run game identity is simply not working well thus far with the OL problems we're seeing. They better figure something out quickly.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Explosive plays that generate large chunks of yards in one shot are a big factor in winning games in today's NFL. This Hackett/Marrone offense is showing little to know ability to create plays like this despite having explosive playmaking talent (Sammy and CJ) in the arsenal. The ultra conservative run game identity is simply not working well thus far with the OL problems we're seeing. They better figure something out quickly.

I can see that offense being installed as they were bringing EJ along. There is zero reason to hold the reigns now.

Again it all falls back on coaching ability.

in that many on this board take last week as irrefutable proof of what the future will be, sure....

marrone isnt a total trainwreck or he wouldnt have gotten this far -- but there are several good reasons to question whether he can jump up to successful nfl coach and those arent just nitpicking.

Great point.

I can't tell you how irritated I get when we open every game in a 2-receiver, 2-TE set. I already know what day it is going to be on offense. Handoff to spiller, one of our power blocking TEs gets blown off the ball, 3-yd loss.

We have 3, maybe 4, great receivers, with 2 RBs who are great receivers. Maybe using those guys would be a good idea.

they don't run that type of offense at Syracuse, so Marrone and hackett would have no clue what to do. :wallbash:

Bingo: put your playmakers in a position to make plays. Running spiller up the middle on 1st and 2nd does not do that.

welp. This is YOUR time, Mike.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 7m7 minutes ago

WR Marquise Goodwin was limited in practice. Sustained a hamstring injury Thursday and didn't finish. #Bills

When all is said and done, I would predict that Goodwin will end up playing about 20% of the time during his Bills' career. This is fine, so long as the team knows that and doesn't do dumb things, like not activating other receivers.

welp. This is YOUR time, Mike.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 7m7 minutes ago

WR Marquise Goodwin was limited in practice. Sustained a hamstring injury Thursday and didn't finish. #Bills

Trading Mike Williams would enormously shortsighted given the demonstrated fragility of one Marquise Goodwin. The Bills should be exploring ways to get MW more involved in gameplans in the interest of winning instead of trading him away.

Boom!

@ChrisBrownBills

Doug Marrone says WR Mike Williams has gotten reps with the first team offense in practice this week. #Bills

When all is said and done, I would predict that Goodwin will end up playing about 20% of the time during his Bills' career. This is fine, so long as the team knows that and doesn't do dumb things, like not activating other receivers.

man... i want to see him stay healthy, and thought he might but its looking less and less likely.

luckily he didnt take a hit early last week. i mightve melted down completely if the team was playing the pats with only 3 active/healthy WRs and hogan being one of them while trotting out lee smith and gragg for extra reps and MW was in street clothes.

Edited by NoSaint