Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

It matters in that MW would have been a better addition to the roster on Sunday than either Smith or Gragg. It should matter to Marrone if his thin skinned, vindictive moves don't lead to an improving WL record.

Then I guess you need to present your qualifications to One Bills Drive and show how much time you spent in film study proving it unless you went to the Matt Millien school of coaching. Easier that or go back and play Fantasy Head Coach some more.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I guess you need to present your qualifications to One Bills Drive and show how much time you spent in film study proving it unless you went to the Matt Millien school of coaching. Easier that or go back and play Fantasy Head Coach some more.

By that criteria, no one here should ever be allowed to opine about personnel decisions.

I'm rubber, you're glue.

Thanks for the kindergartner response. It adds to the quality of the discussion.

So, tell us all how your opinion is more important then his or anyone else's? If you can't, go back to playing PPP yourself.

Your response was unneccessary, I'll thought out and particularly rude.

Given the Caveman's play throughout OTAs /TC & Preseason, I really thought we were gonna have another homecoming success story. Maybe he can turn it around? Who knows...

Given the contract he's under he will need to step it up and contribute insurmountably from here on out. Though, after watching interviews of him since this incident, he comes across as blahzay.

I hope I've read into this wrong and he balls out for the next 10 games.

MW's agent has to be pissed that he threw him under the bus.

I may have considered the "you never know it could've been a planned good cop bad cop to let the client look good" but that he's folliwed up with what amounts to a fairly direct contradiction of what MW said (even if he sugar coated it a bit) is an odd situation.

"I need to tell my agent to stop talking trades"

"We want him to play somewhere and are open to it being elsewhere"

I am late coming to this thread, but I find this situation to be quite disappointing. Mike Williams already has a proven track record of being a top-tier WR. I can't imagine the thinking behind deactivating him.

If TJ freaking Graham used to be on the field for 60% of the snaps, MW should be too; need to find ways to get him the ball and use his skills.

Only if MW isn't telling the truth about what transpired. Agents do sometimes take arrows for their clients.

if his agent asked for a trade without his consent he should be fired. I doubt that he did. The agent has other clients and us trying to obtain other clients and doing something like that is not a good look. I highly doubt MW is doing anything but trying to backtrack since Whaley called his bluff. His trade value is virtually non existent.

if his agent asked for a trade without his consent he should be fired. I doubt that he did. The agent has other clients and us trying to obtain other clients and doing something like that is not a good look. I highly doubt MW is doing anything but trying to backtrack since Whaley called his bluff. His trade value is virtually non existent.

Sounds just like Joe Buscaglia WGR talk I heard this morning. Doesn't matter one bit to me. MW is a good football player that the Bills should have on the field since they claim to be "all in" for the playoffs this year. Mend the bleeping fences and get back to winning games.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

if his agent asked for a trade without his consent he should be fired.

you have said that a few times.... if the initial conversation between he and MW was - "im going to go rattle some cages, get to the bottom of it and try to make sure it doesnt happen again" and then in the conversation with the team he said "if you arent going to play him id like permission to try and find another option" then i couldnt disagree more with you. at this point, im not sure what happened behind the scenes though.

Edited by NoSaint

BTW, where are the mea culpas about Rodak's preseason report that MW could be on the bubble?

Rodhack based that off of MW's talent and how stupid Rodhack is; like others have said - if Goodwin, Hogan and Graham can get significant playing time then so can MW.

you have said that a few times.... if the initial conversation between he and MW was - "im going to go rattle some cages, get to the bottom of it and try to make sure it doesnt happen again" and then in the conversation with the team he said "if you arent going to play him id like permission to try and find another option" then i couldnt disagree more with you.

Would you and everyone else now say cages are rattled? Or is this more? Is it too much? Too little?

I feel this is too much, at least from our seats.

Rodhack based that off of MW's talent and how stupid Rodhack is; like others have said - if Goodwin, Hogan and Graham can get significant playing time then so can MW.

Would you and everyone else now say cages are rattled? Or is this more? Is it too much? Too little?

I feel this is too much, at least from our seats.

im not sure what to make of it. i surely didnt expect him to take zero reps with the 1st team yesterday. if thats any indication of trouble between the two - its no good. if its something that is known to happen from time to time, well, then its no big deal. it doesnt sound common though.

Edited by NoSaint

im not sure what to make of it. i surely didnt expect him to take zero reps with the 1st team yesterday.

Part of me makes some whacky excuse to that. Something to the effect of maybe they wanted to work him against the defense because he has a skillset similar to the Vikings players? That he doesn't need much practice because it's 'practice.' But, with Orton he needs reps.

I wonder if Hogan or Glass Goodwin got reps?

Part of me makes some whacky excuse to that. Something to the effect of maybe they wanted to work him against the defense because he has a skillset similar to the Vikings players? That he doesn't need much practice because it's 'practice.' But, with Orton he needs reps.

I wonder if Hogan or Glass Goodwin got reps?

yea.... i went back and was qualifying with similar sentiments, but if they dont think hes been playing well then he needs the reps. and even if he did scout work, i think theres normally atleast a split and not 100% scout team for a guy that is a 3-4 wr.

yea.... i went back and was qualifying with similar sentiments, but if they dont think hes been playing well then he needs the reps. and even if he did scout work, i think theres normally atleast a split and not 100% scout team for a guy that is a 3-4 wr.

At this point it is clear he is not the 3rd WR by the elevation and success of Hogan. That is not a problem to me because Hogan lived up to securing that spot at least thru the week. That he is not the 4th WR is shocking. Glass Goodwin is the 4th WR on the field in most cases because of his skillset - he can run fast. MW runs around 4.4-4.5. Goodwin is 4.3. That is not enough for me, plus MW is a route runner and capable of running the entire tree. Goodwin is not. MW needs the reps.

The ONLY qualification I can come up with is that we are basing this off of Rodhacks reporting which was copied by others and that report is typical Rodhack. That the practice was run focused and the few pass plays were out of 2 WR sets that Watkins and Woods took all of the snaps on offense with Hogan maybe entering the field once or twice.

It's all relative to the whole picture which we do not have; what is really going on with the relationships and what is really going on with the practices.