Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked pretty fast on the 80 yard TD catch at Houston. Had no problem getting open at Chicago on the key leaping OT catch.

Hackett and Marrone need to devise schemes and gameplans to better utilze the available personnel.

I actually remember thinking that he looked really slow on that play. Woods caught up to him quickly. Maybe he just took his foot off the gas though.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

that the practice was run focused and the few pass plays were out of 2 WR sets that Watkins and Woods took all of the snaps on offense with Hogan maybe entering the field once or twice.

It's all relative to the whole picture which we do not have; what is really going on with the relationships and what is really going on with the practices.

if we are going to be a 2 WR team that leans on 3 TE sets.... im not sure why we have spent 2 firsts, a second, a third, and a 6th that came with a big contract on WRs in the last 18 months and drafted only a 7th round TE and let our #1 test the waters and take him back after no interest.

i agree that there is a lot of day to day we dont have access too -- whats frustrating though is running through the "what ifs" very few make me say "ah ok, that makes sense" on a global level and those that do come down pretty hard on MW (and by proxy make you wonder about marrones judgement on him in the first place).

MW's agent has to be pissed that he threw him under the bus.

I was just reading about this. I can't imagine the team is pleased about him causing a distraction while they are trying to get ready for a game, either. I looked him up and he has 8 catches. Otherwise I'd say we should trade for him!

I was just reading about this. I can't imagine the team is pleased about him causing a distraction while they are trying to get ready for a game, either. I looked him up and he has 8 catches. Otherwise I'd say we should trade for him!

I blame Marrone for this with what I consider to be a poor decision to bench MW.

I blame Marrone for this with what I consider to be a poor decision to bench MW.

What did he do? We have a similar issue... Terrance West benched. He was our leading rusher. Coach says he wasn't pleased with his practice habits, or effort in the game when he didn't get the ball. I think it sends a message to guys that less than 100% or not being a team-first guy isn't going to cut it when you are trying to change a losing culture. Browns haven't won anything in a long time but these rookies... they don't get it.

http://www.cleveland...nce_west_1.html

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

-- whats frustrating though is running through the "what ifs" very few make me say "ah ok, that makes sense" on a global level and those that do come down pretty hard on MW (and by proxy make you wonder about marrones judgement on him in the first place).

Marrone is a completely self absorbed doofus who likes yes men explains:

Stevie

M Williams

Crossman

Hackett

Hilliard

Tuel/Lewis

Pears

Cyrus maybe

Spiller

Development of EJ and/or lack of foresight seeing he can't be developed

Bobbie Dixon being more a part of the game plan than the #4 overall pick who has shown real talent from the get-go

Almost all of the issues are on the offensive side of the ball and several players and coaches have been thrown under the bus but the offensive guru head coach and saint still explains how frustrating things are for him in pressers.

Personally I would say that the distraction was caused by scratching a player who was traded for and is on the books for 1.8m. Sure it's escalated since the trade talk but it was the FO who allowed the room for such a side show to pick up.

Who knows? Our HC's skin is thinner than the air on the moon.

Maybe he was being lazy in practice or not paying attention in films?

Personally I would say that the distraction was caused by scratching a player who was traded for and is on the books for 1.8m. Sure it's escalated since the trade talk but it was the FO who allowed the room for such a side show to pick up.

I'm sure there was a reason he didn't play. I think the Patriots deactivated one of their wide receivers (not injury related) recently for at least two games.

Maybe he was being lazy in practice or not paying attention in films?

I'm sure there was a reason he didn't play. I think the Patriots deactivated one of their wide receivers (not injury related) recently for at least two games.

Sammy Watkins:

"The second half was 10 times easier than the first half," Watkins said. "I was beating (Revis) off the line, I was getting off the ball. I got open a couple times and (Williams') presence there helped me because I was kind of balancing battling what I should do on this thing and he told me exactly what Revis was doing the whole time."

So when Williams' trade request became public on Monday, Watkins was taken aback.

"I was very surprised," Watkins said. "He's a great athlete. He's getting paid all that money and he's not playing. I feel like anybody would feel the same way whether it's coach, player, anybody. That's just the nature of the game. Guys want to be on the field, guys want to make plays. He's one of those guys that want to be on the field and he has the ability to make any play."

Link

Doesn't sound like Williams was lazy. Sounds like an idiot making personnel decisions.