Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

We don't know the whole story and I know everyone wants to blame Marrone, but he could have been trying to send him a message.

if theres something worthy of sending this strong a message, and MW and his agent arent wise enough to keep quiet and keep it out of the media so be it....

possible, but seems like it would be pushing it as far as likelihood.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it. Probably was between Whaley and Marrone with Brandon trying to keep the peace. Brandon should have let Whaley hire his own damn coach, wtf. Whaley is bringing in guys to help execute his vision and he's working with a coach with totally different ideas.

Speculate much. Didn't some Buffalo reporter breakdown the "beef" and there really wasn't any?

Wasn't Whaley in all of the coach interviews? You guys are crazy if you think Marrone was hired in a vacuum or that Whaley had no say.

Whaley is really being a D*** here.

He traded away a #1 WR for a 4th string running back who hasn't been active all year.

So he can go suck on a D***

I love Stevie, as a player and a person. But he was never a #1 WR in Buffalo. He's a #2. He also runs routes unlike any other WR in the league, which doesn't fit well with the scheme Marrone and Hackett installed (if you can call it a scheme... I kid... kinda).

I think Mike Williams' wanting a trade is just another symptom of a failed offensive scheme and lack of franchise QB. If you are a top notch WR, tell me why you would want to be a part of this offense ?

Now, Mike Williams is taking it to an extreme, but don't you think Watkins is as frustrated ?

All WR's want to play for teams with franchise QB's, because they make them better. What MW is starring at is a dismal season statistically, probably less than 30 catches and getting waived and losing the rest of his big contract -- if he goes to a team like the Chargers or Steelers or Colts or Patriots with a true franchise QB throwing him the ball, he could easily catch 80+ balls and score 10+ TD's

Mike's looking out for Mike --- we can fault him, but what he's doing is very rational

I don't want to see him go. He is passionate about winning and he is a good receiver. It's a shame that Hackett seems to be putting in a "package" of plays in his"game plan" every week that he does not deviate from. That's why we see poorly executed plays repeated multiple times a game. It's no secret by Marrone's comments in previous weeks "we didn't have that play in". Just hints to me that Hackett either is stubborn with his "gameplan" or our play calling language doesn't allow for formation changes. I wasn't a person who thought Hackett was the problem until this week. Our team can't run the ball and if we can't run how can we expect to get the ball to Mike Williams? He is a situational receiver that we hardly ever even had in the game in the ideal situation to use him. "I'd like to throw to Mike but muh game plan says run strait at fat Vince on first and second down for no gain... so I guess I have to do it then" frustraites me that every pass play is an out pattern for woods, a deep cross for sammy and a seem/post for chandler with a blocking assignment for our running backs because we have Eric Pears playing instead of a reliable Urbik. Hackett is wasting the most talented roster we have had in a while. Mike is our "big receiver" that we need, he wanted to be here, he is passionate and we peed on his fire.

Speculate much. Didn't some Buffalo reporter breakdown the "beef" and there really wasn't any?

while i think whaley and marrone have ties -- i do suspect the relationship isnt as positive as we had hoped. even since then, comments like "i went to doug and told him i was benching EJ" screams of a guy trying to establish his power publicly, not just 2 guys going about business on the same page. that we have an offense that is a bit of a mess and had 2 guys inactive yesterday that whaley traded for in favor of special teams options is a red flag for me. that theyve argued publicly multiple times in the last couple months..... i think its safe to say the honeymoon is over. obviously speculation, but im skeptical about the "everyone is happy" narrative they sold.

As a fantasy owner of Russell Wilson I would love to see him go to Seattle. It's a perfect fit.

Get a 3rd Rd pick.

I hate fuzzy math. TB puts Williams on the trade market in the offseason, and the best they can get for him is a 6th round pick. Fast forward 6 months. Same player hasn't done **** with his current team, wants out, and you think the Bills can get a 3rd rounder for him? :blink: :blink:

Edited by LabattBlue

Deactivating an established player like MW in favor of Chris Gragg is questionable at best IMO. I'm sure MW was POed, but he was on the sidelines Sunday helping Sammy out with tips on how to beat Revis. He didn't show a poor attitude yesterday. His talents are being under utilized in this Hackett/Marrone offense.

I think Mike Williams' wanting a trade is just another symptom of a failed offensive scheme and lack of franchise QB. If you are a top notch WR, tell me why you would want to be a part of this offense ?

Now, Mike Williams is taking it to an extreme, but don't you think Watkins is as frustrated ?

All WR's want to play for teams with franchise QB's, because they make them better. What MW is starring at is a dismal season statistically, probably less than 30 catches and getting waived and losing the rest of his big contract -- if he goes to a team like the Chargers or Steelers or Colts or Patriots with a true franchise QB throwing him the ball, he could easily catch 80+ balls and score 10+ TD's

Mike's looking out for Mike --- we can fault him, but what he's doing is very rational

I don't think it's as selfish as that, for lack of a better word, I think he wants to be on a team that has a plan that makes sense, in addition to knowing he'd do better individually

I don't get this... what went wrong? He's a good WR... I remember him making one drop on a difficult pass, but otherwise is solid. Doesn't get targeted very often though. Is he a lazy route runner or something?

Our QB's are apparently coached not to throw to guys and just let them make plays, like every good QB you ever watch does. No, our guys have to run perfect routes or be wide open or be 'the mismatch'. Watch any top tier QB/WR combo, they just toss it up there and let the guy's make plays. Eli Manning made a living chucking it up to Plaxico and Nicks, and also Cruz. Romo lets Dez do all the work. Guys like Mike and Sammy and even Woods CAN DO THAT TOO. Throw them the damn ball.

@JoeBuscaglia

By the way, Chris Gragg, who took Mike Williams' place on the 46-man, played 22 offensive snaps and only 23% of special teams snaps. #Bills

and how many of those ST snaps were kicks out of the endzone, punts that werent going to be returned, etc..... its 23% of an already small number, that is almost surely reduced when situations are taken into account.

whether you point at gragg, lee smith, hogan who dressed out and isnt as good of a WR.... that sitting MW was the best idea is highly frustrating.

Edited by NoSaint

Mike Williams given permission from Bills to pursue trade suitors

It's hard to imagine Williams having any market. He's due $5.2 million guaranteed next year, which is a huge number for a guy that has 358 yards in 11 games since the start of the 2013 season. Williams isn't going anywhere; he's a sunk cost for Buffalo.

I hate fuzzy math. TB puts Williams on the trade market in the offseason, and the best they can get for him is a 6th round pick. Fast forward 6 months. Same player hasn't done **** with his current team, wants out, and you think the Bills can get a 3rd rounder for him? :blink: :blink:

Also shows that maybe MW is inflating his own value with his "I'm a number 1 receiver talk" (which obviously is expected)...

and how many of those ST snaps were kicks out of the endzone, punts that werent going to be returned, etc..... its 23% of an already small number, that is almost surely reduced when situations are taken into account.

whether you point at gragg, lee smith, hogan who dressed out and isnt as good of a WR.... that sitting MW was the best idea is highly frustrating.

my uneducated guess is that the TE was such a big part of the game plan (and rightfully so with the success we had with that matchup) that we needed the depth behind Chandler in case he got hurt. So they needed to dress Gragg. We have more depth at WR and they dressed the backups that also play ST, hogan and Goodwin.

There is also a possibility that they are already in process of trading him. Sometimes that will get you inactive. And no locker.

Edited by YoloinOhio