Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

Also shows that maybe MW is inflating his own value with his "I'm a number 1 receiver talk" (which obviously is expected)...

Yea probably not a 3rd. But Seattle is desperate for a big WR. That team will not be the same next year---lots of guys up for new deals.

They badly want to repeat. I don't think getting a 4th for him from them is out of the question. Now at that point tho I'm not sure it's worth it. But maybe. Lots of good players can be had in the 4th round.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also shows that maybe MW is inflating his own value with his "I'm a number 1 receiver talk" (which obviously is expected)...

well, his stats as a young WR in Tampa show he was trending in that direction, as a possible #1. Production wise. I'd put him at a perfect #2

Maybe the Giants will show interest with Victor Cruz being out for the season.

Marrone will take OL Pugh from the Giants. No idea if he's playing well or not. That would be a decent trade though--given that Moron and Hackett can't figure out how to utilize their talent. He was a 1st rounder as I recall.

I like Mike and am starting to hope he outlasts his coach, sort of. I would be pissed too. I think he is a #2 though, and maybe even a 3 on this team. But he is better than Hogan (I know he had a decent game but MW has had a decent career).

Yea probably not a 3rd. But Seattle is desperate for a big WR. That team will not be the same next year---lots of guys up for new deals.

They badly want to repeat. I don't think getting a 4th for him from them is out of the question. Now at that point tho I'm not sure it's worth it. But maybe. Lots of good players can be had in the 4th round.

this is a good point. Lots of teams like the Pats, Giants, even Eagles could use someone like him. Seattle, etc. Teams that have great records that need a #1 WR. (I think he can be a #1 on a team, but Hackett couldn't figure out how to win if we had Joe Montana)

The fact they kept Lee Smith active over Williams would have me seeking a trade too. Smith is terrible, and St. Doug's explanation that "we had a lot of three tight end sets in the gameplan" made me want to pull my hair out. Three tight end sets versus spreading the field with the explosive weapons on hand: Sammy, Woody, Williams, Goodwin, Spiller, Freddy. TERRIBLE.

Pears is my nemesis, has been since he started playing (terrible) tackle for the Bills back '11 -- people like to remember him being "adequate" at tackle, but he never was anything more than sub par. Lee Smith is QUICKLY moving up my list of Bills who are flat out terrible. He does nothing but hold and get stupid penalties. He doesn't block well, doesn't catch well, is slower than Gungy running from a naked Boyst -- both Pears and Smith should be shown the door today if this were my team.

Smith is another player that would not even be in the league if not for the Buffalo Bills.

Pears, would be riding the pine even with the Raiders.

I like Mike and am starting to hope he outlasts his coach, sort of. I would be pissed too. I think he is a #2 though, and maybe even a 3 on this team. But he is better than Hogan (I know he had a decent game but MW has had a decent career).

I want MW to stay also. I want Marrone and Hackett to be gone. Hopefully the demanded return from Whaley is high (3rd rounder or starting guard).

Marrone will take OL Pugh from the Giants. No idea if he's playing well or not. That would be a decent trade though--given that Moron and Hackett can't figure out how to utilize their talent. He was a 1st rounder as I recall.

omg. Pugh was horrendous last night. I have no idea beyond that though, I never watch the NYG.

Smith is another player that would not even be in the league if not for the Buffalo Bills.

Pears, would be riding the pine even with the Raiders.

He's truly worthless to this team, or any team that plays the sport of football. Maybe it really is the coaching though that's the problem and they are telling him that penalty yards are just as good as points. Maybe that's the disconnect.

As a fantasy owner of Russell Wilson I would love to see him go to Seattle. It's a perfect fit.

Get a 3rd Rd pick.

That would be amusing. Seattle had a WR named Mike Williams three seasons ago. You may remember him as the 1st rounder Tampa gave up on. Deja vu?

To level set expectations, I'd be SHOCKED if Bills were able to get anything but a 5th round or lower pick for him. SHOCKED !

After all, he's shown NOTHING as long as he's been here and the Bills only traded a 6th to get him in the first place.

the flip side being that his issues werent on the field but off -- and hes played the part of good teammate very well so far. unless there are incidents behind closed doors, he has shown something in showing up, being a good cheerleader, staying positive in the media generally, and not getting in trouble (yet).

id be amazed to see a big return, but something to keep in mind if discussing something like a 4 maybe. still not huge, but...

Edited by NoSaint

the flip side being that his issues werent on the field but off -- and hes played the part of good teammate very well so far. unless there are incidents behind closed doors, he has shown something in showing up, being a good cheerleader, staying positive in the media generally, and not getting in trouble (yet).

id be amazed to see a big return, but something to keep in mind if discussing something like a 4 maybe. still not huge, but...

True (we think). This latest deactivation might have something to do with an off the field issue, after all, as irrelevant as he's been in the offense, he's still better than several players who were active.

@mikerodak

Mike Willliams' agent, Hadley Engelhard, says he is, "eager to reach out to teams."

15 days until the trade deadline. If you're the Bills, do you wait out the market for Williams or move a disgruntled player out quickly?

Doug Whaley: "We Are NOT Actively Shopping Anyone" (3:03)

General Manager Doug Whaley comments on rumors surrounding Wide Receiver Mike Williams.

Doug Whaley: We're not actively shopping Mike Williams

Bills GM Doug Whaley confirmed a report of a trade request from the agent of WR Mike Williams on Monda

Williams got $9.4 million guaranteed on his 5 year Bills contract. Not sure how much is left on the guaranteed money, but if it's more than a trivial amount I fully understand why they'd want to move him. With gaping holes on the offensive line and secondary, with no clear QB or lead RB in place for next year (this is CJ's walk year, Fred is 33, that leaves ... Bryce Brown?), I don't know why you'd want to continue to pay Williams big money to be the 3rd or 4th receiver while the likes of Erik Pears play every down. So if someone will take on that contract, goodbye Mike.