Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The linked AP article says Williams is guaranteed $5.2 million next year. We simply can't afford that. Forget draft picks or players in return -- this was a dumb signing from the start, a salary dump to undo the contract damage is worth it even if the only thing we get in return is added payroll flexibility for next year.

I think it's as simple as: he's not as good as Sammy, Goodwin is cheaper, Hogan appears able to fill a different/complementary role, the Bills have a big case of buyer's remorse.

As it's October im not sure why the price tag matters. Is he better value sitting?

As it's October im not sure why the price tag matters. Is he better value sitting?

Possibly. But if some other team that still thinks they can compete for the playoffs is hurting at WR and willing to take on that contract, you gotta pull the trigger. No way I'd want to go into 2015 with 10 million bucks guaranteed tied up in Orton + Williams. This is the kind of dumb contract that bad teams make that really harms their ability to get better where they need to get better.

I still don't understand why he was deactivated for the game yesterday. Marronne's explanation just sounded like a bunch of nonsense to me. I really am struggling with understanding why the Bills have such a hard time utilizing good football players.

Mike Williams@CaveManMike19 12s13 seconds ago

Chill everybody I'm happy with being a buffalo bill....... I mean come on it's my dream my agent just did what a agent supposed to do ...

hes, publicly, been a pretty good cheerleader/teammate..... hopefully behind the scenes matches.

heck, maybe his agent helps prevent future boneheaded choices like deactivating him by stepping up to the plate here.

The linked AP article says Williams is guaranteed $5.2 million next year. We simply can't afford that. Forget draft picks or players in return -- this was a dumb signing from the start, a salary dump to undo the contract damage is worth it even if the only thing we get in return is added payroll flexibility for next year.

Aren't we under the cap - not sure why money would have anything to do with this. Not mention, the Bills aren't looking to trade him, MWs agent asked if he look for trade options.

WR not getting the ball as much as he wants. Wah.