How about those laser pointers?

Big C

Laser pointers are not to be feared from an eye damage standpoint. They are normally class 3a or below and the safety mechanism is literally blinking or turning your head. They would never approve a device for use in a conference room that could permanently damage someone's eyes.

Hope the guy spends the night in jail with Bubba though...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laser pointers are not to be feared from an eye damage standpoint. They are normally class 3a or below and the safety mechanism is literally blinking or turning your head. They would never approve a device for use in a conference room that could permanently damage someone's eyes.

There are way more choices than what is known as laser pointers out there. a single example is made by a company called Artic. 2000MV and simply can be pruchased on line. They cost $300 and up, and they are easily available. They may be a bit larger to sneak in. but I put nothing past anyone with these weapons. Much larger lasers are available by simply having a credit card. Some if not most states have strict laws. if that guy would have used an artic he would have been charged with a felony. Some of these things have a 50 mile range.

could you imagine how big of a deal this would have been if we lost the game? we would be talking about it for years. this plus the ref picking up that interference on Sammy flag almost lost us this game

That would be the ultimate Billsy Bills way to lose a game. Hey, things are looking up!

Then why, fearless leader, are we subjected to Power Point!!!???!!!???

Bill Clinton is in jail?

Football highlight tape. Pretty amazing we can find all this stuff so quickly

http://www.hudl.com/...lights/91280375

He plays very high

He's terrible. Every "highlight" of him on defense shows the offense making 5+ yards and his slow, fat ass barely moving down the field. Lazy player, bad form, the guy better be good at pointing lasers 'cause his future in the sport ends after he gets cut from his JV team.

Edited by GreggyT

He's terrible. Every "highlight" of him on defense shows the offense making 5+ yards and his slow, fat ass barely moving down the field. Lazy player, bad form, the guy better be good at pointing lasers 'cause his future in the sport ends after he gets cut from his JV team.

Ah, so- roughly speaking- an average fan.

Detroit has 55 murders per 100,000 people per year. The national average is closer to 4.

I'm sure the entire DPD force is hunting for the guy who pointed a laser at our kicker.

Thanks to the fool's social media posts, the police don't have to hunt at all. He willingly gave his name, information, and football highlights.

@MarkoBeslach 21 hours ago:

"You see a green light on any of the bills players just laugh cause it's me"

Then 8 hours ago:

"Got Kyle Orton complained to the ref when I got him with the laser."

--------

Enjoy your pending arrest, douchebag.

By any definition, that is admitting to assault.

PM Simon. :ph34r:

+1

Detroit has 55 murders per 100,000 people per year. The national average is closer to 4.

I'm sure the entire DPD force is hunting for the guy who pointed a laser at our kicker.

The NFL will be VERY interested in addressing this moron's crime.

I love that highlight tape. The second play shows him "busting through" the line because they didn't bother to account for his pathetic ass in the scheme. He's three yards in the backfield when the ball's 5 yards downfield.

Edited by Bronc24

It's. Been picked up pretty widely. Anything that makes it here would have made it there I'm sure.

I'm curious-- What's the charge for something like this?

What does the law say about stuff like this? If it says nothing, what can they really get him for. Is it fair game to aim a "Tinker Bell" on a player. Don't they black out centerfield in baseball to stop crap in the stands. What if somebody brought a mirror in? Is that the same?

Is it actually a crime to do this? It is a completely d-bag move, for sure. And I'm sure teams have rules in the fan code of conduct against it, but it would be surprising to me if there are actually laws against pointing a laser pointer at someone or in their general vicinity (other than the laws about shining that at commercial airplanes.

This^^ But I guess now things will change.

There are way more choices than what is known as laser pointers out there. a single example is made by a company called Artic. 2000MV and simply can be pruchased on line. They cost $300 and up, and they are easily available. They may be a bit larger to sneak in. but I put nothing past anyone with these weapons. Much larger lasers are available by simply having a credit card. Some if not most states have strict laws. if that guy would have used an artic he would have been charged with a felony. Some of these things have a 50 mile range.

What is the purpose of these types of lasers? Why do people want them or what do they legally use them for?

he's what i imagined the guy in the "fun chat with a lions fan..." looks like. d-bag.

This practice is very popular in european soccer matches - hopefully it doesn't start catching on over here. so dumb and potentially dangerous.

How would it hurt a soccer player? I could see it helping... Like pointing out to the player: "Flop here." or "Kick the ball here."

Just kidding... ;-P

This should work (a friend just shared it outside the group):

https://www.facebook...750562865004905

Appreciate it, but it would be nice if he would MOVE HIS DAMN FINGER!!!!

JK, appreciate him taking the time to find it.

WAIT!!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!! I MAY HAVE FOUND HIM!!!!

IF this is the same kid, (BIG IF, but he is from michigan) and he is really trying to be recruited to play college ball, his football career may have just ended prematurely!!!!

http://bit.ly/1xleNok

If you are banned from NFL games as a fan, does that ban you as a player as well?!? Kind of feel bad since he's just a high school kid, though.

This could be interesting.

NEVER MIND,

that is Marko Belsach, not Marko Beslach (L and S are switched). Hope the kid does not get any bad rep from people who are as dumb as me and confuse the two. Move along, nothing to see

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

During one of the Fan Advisory Board meetings I did ask about how they went about enforcing bans like the one given to "falling over railing guy". I was told that they can really only hope that the threat of more dire consequences will keep the person away. If the ticket was purchased from the team with a credit card they can put some blocks on that, and they can put "wanted posters" up for the gate personnel but with the volume of people coming through and all of the costumes/masks/face paint going on now it's nearly impossible for the team to do anything else to keep someone "banned" from coming into the stadium again.

ABC Good Morning America had a commercial earlier that they were going to cover it on their Tuesday morning broadcast.

GMA Segment: NFL Security Officials Investigate Laser Pointers After Team Complaint (3:12)

Buffalo Bills complained that someone pointed a laser at their players during their game against the Detroit Lions.

During one of the Fan Advisory Board meetings I did ask about how they went about enforcing bans like the one given to "falling over railing guy". I was told that they can really only hope that the threat of more dire consequences will keep the person away. If the ticket was purchased from the team with a credit card they can put some blocks on that, and they can put "wanted posters" up for the gate personnel but with the volume of people coming through and all of the costumes/masks/face paint going on now it's nearly impossible for the team to do anything else to keep someone "banned" from coming into the stadium again.

I propose forehead tattoo that says, "Banned From RCW Stadium."

The laser looked to be one of those very high powered green ones. There are many available online that are illegal to possess in this country.

This kid is probably loving it. He seems like a big dumb-ass so he is probably thinking he is just too cool for school now.

The laser looked to be one of those very high powered green ones. There are many available online that are illegal to possess in this country.

This kid is probably loving it. He seems like a big dumb-ass so he is probably thinking he is just too cool for school now.

Where did you see a picture of the actual laser?

Jesus Christ, I don't know much about lasers but to be so far away, and have a green dot that large.....no wonder Orton and Carpenter were pissed. They are very lucky we won.

Edit: That is clear video evidence of a game being manipulated. Are there any NFL rules on this? Would they just say too bad if we lost?

Edited by What a Tuel