How about those laser pointers?

Big C

@MarkoBeslach 21 hours ago:

"You see a green light on any of the bills players just laugh cause it's me"

Then 8 hours ago:

"Got Kyle Orton complained to the ref when I got him with the laser."

--------

Enjoy your pending arrest, douchebag.

Do the police - or the Bills - know he outed himself?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it actually a crime to do this? It is a completely d-bag move, for sure. And I'm sure teams have rules in the fan code of conduct against it, but it would be surprising to me if there are actually laws against pointing a laser pointer at someone or in their general vicinity (other than the laws about shining that at commercial airplanes.

So we know he had a laser that has the strength to travel from the end zone seats to a kickers face 50 yards away. I'm no laser expert but that isn't a laser that should be pointed at anyone. Perhaps it even could be considering a weapon when used in this manner.

Would aggravated assault be out of the question? I wonder to what extent the NFL (commissioner) and the Bills organization get involved with the state police in this incident?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Is it actually a crime to do this? It is a completely d-bag move, for sure. And I'm sure teams have rules in the fan code of conduct against it, but it would be surprising to me if there are actually laws against pointing a laser pointer at someone or in their general vicinity (other than the laws about shining that at commercial airplanes.

"Incidents involving laser pointers at U.S. sporting events have been relatively scarce, although a 17-year-old boy was arrested for shining one at San Francisco Giants pitcher Shane Loux during a Major League Baseball game at the St Louis Cardinals' Busch Stadium last year. Cardinals manager Mike Matheny personally identified the youth, who was charged with disturbing the peace at an athletic event."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer--laser-pointers--all-fun-and-games-until-you-shoot-someone-s-eyesight-out-003648373.html

I think the stadium bans you and you get a stiff fine.

I was at a night club with a few friends in the late 90's and there was a tiger on the stage in front of the DJ booth. Some moron shined a laser pointer in the tigers eye. Watching three bouncers kick his ass was satisfying.

It's. Been picked up pretty widely. Anything that makes it here would have made it there I'm sure.

I'm curious-- What's the charge for something like this?

It won't get the proper attention until there is a catchy name, like Lasergate. Then ESPN will be all over it. It would be even better if the moron did it to a player or team that they like, like Brady or Romo.

I also think you fine the Lions a small fine (it goes to charity anyway)... If it happens again you take a 7 round pick from the Lions and give it to the team that was a victim of the laser. That stops it from all teams with dumb fans.....

Edited by Iraq Vet

The page is two hours old. Not him, unless someone else created it.

someone created it as a place to LIKE the reporting of this dork to the Lions and the NFL.

How do you ban someone from a stadium?

carefully

Put his name in a database that says DO NOT SELL to this idiot.

Wasn't the fan who "fell from the railing" in Buffalo also banned for life?

someone created it as a place to LIKE the reporting of this dork to the Lions and the NFL.

carefully

Put his name in a database that says DO NOT SELL to this idiot.

Wasn't the fan who "fell from the railing" in Buffalo also banned for life?

If arrested in a stadium in the future he will get trespassing added to the charges. That's about it.