They are a sad bunch over there in Houston

HamSandwhich

Bills have a penchant of coming out on the losing end of 'any given Sunday'. Let's beat the Texans first before taking pity on their struggles.

Hence the "kinda". :thumbsup:

Sounds like the Fitz(no)magic we all know. He teases you with flashes of good play but ultimately crashes.

Lets keep him crashing!

Bills have a penchant of coming out on the losing end of 'any given Sunday'. Let's beat the Texans first before taking pity on their struggles.

Definitely. This is a "should win" game, but we have seen the opposite results around here for a long time. If we can make it out of September 3-1 I will be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by H2o

The nostalgia for Chan Gailey's offense (witht he Bills) is bizarre--and proof of fans' short memory.

His offenses were mediocre to poor--they cracked the top half in points scored and total yards once in 3 seasons. They struggled to score. His 5 wide was the only tool in the tool box.

He was unemployed before the Bills fished him out of the dumpster for the same reason he is currenly unemployed.

I went about 4-5 pages deep and didn't see anything too overboard.

In fact, they seem to be taking their loss on Sunday better than many Bills fans are.

Lol this was just what I was going to say. Their chicken little routine has nothing on what I see on this bills message board (and even worse in the local press!!!) after even the slightest hiccup in the Bills' performance.

The nostalgia for Chan Gailey's offense (witht he Bills) is bizarre--and proof of fans' short memory.

His offenses were mediocre to poor--they cracked the top half in points scored and total yards once in 3 seasons. They struggled to score. His 5 wide was the only tool in the tool box.

He was unemployed before the Bills fished him out of the dumpster for the same reason he is currenly unemployed.

yiu got that right WEO. People are ridiculous at times. Don't get too worked up tho. Because as soon as you really start digging in about how mediocre Chan was, you'll start hearing from all the people about how amazing he was at getting CJ into space. Ya know, because CJ had his only good season out of his below average career under Chan.

This actually has turned into a big game. There are about 4 games that could go either way and last week was one and this week is 1 (along with GB at home & at Detroit which is looking tougher and tougher). I think that the Bills need to be 2-2 in those games. If they go 2-2 there, 3-3 in the division and beat Oakland, Minnesota, KC and Cleveland they finish 10-6. I think that the Bills will be the favorite in all of those games. This week is a big one for sure.

Yes and no. I think that with this talent he could do a lot. Neither his team nor this team have very good QB play but he would have a deeper stable of backs, and way, way better receivers. I am not saying that it would be Chip Kelly's offense but with these weapons Gailey would do well.

Houston has a top notch D the Bills need to worry about.

We know what to expect from Fitz.

I know Watt is a beast but are they top notch? They got shredded by Rashad Jennings and a Giants' team that was struggling.

I will always have a soft spot for Fitz. He's a gamer and made the most of his ability. But this needs to be a W. hopefully, in a convincing fashion.

I know Watt is a beast but are they top notch? They got shredded by Rashad Jennings and a Giants' team that was struggling.

I will always have a soft spot for Fitz. He's a gamer and made the most of his ability. But this needs to be a W. hopefully, in a convincing fashion.

I seriously doubt we win this game in "convincing" fashion. The only way we do that is if Fitz has one of his clunker games. Fitz is just as likely to throw for 250yds and 3TD's against us as he is 3INT's.

The Texans lost to a Giants team who essentially was playing for their entire season in Week 3. Giants stepped up. I had this game as a "W" prior to the season but we'll see what Fitz shows up and we'll see how we run the ball vs. the Texans. It should be a fun game.

I went about 4-5 pages deep and didn't see anything too overboard.

In fact, they seem to be taking their loss on Sunday better than many Bills fans are.

"Those Buffalo burgers might turn out to be old fashion steak burgers. Our boys looked bad today."

"24-13 Bills with Fitzpatrick as QB"

"I think the Texans will be embarrassed at home by the Bills, another NY team."

Those are pretty bad in my opinion.

This is what I was thinking.

Edited by HamSandwhich

you guys better wait until after the game to talk poorly about our opponent. if we lose you will just feel doubly depressed. they have a good D and we have a bad O so it's not going to be an easy win if we can't put up points

I'm not talking poorly about them, they're talking poorly about themselves!

After a loss is the best time to see what type of fans we have on the board though. The doom and gloom bunch are typically the ones with 2 or 3 new threads by 6pm Sunday.

Ha, I know this. Its just tiring seeing it time after time. Might as well step back from the game, gather thoughts and come here with a clear head.

Ha, I know this. Its just tiring seeing it time after time. Might as well step back from the game, gather thoughts and come here with a clear head.

But all the plays that work on Madden aren't working on the field so something has to be said immediately.

Fitzy has given them a couple of good games, fools gold...got them thinking that he's not so bad. He gave up three sacks and three picks to the Giants who are not as good as the Bills on D. We should be able to fluster him.

Having said that, Watt is awesome and they will get after EJ. He's got to show some mental fortitude to read a defense and know where the pressure is coming as well as hit some open WR or we are toast again

Can't believe this thread exists considering how we played. Man we've GOT to win. Going to be nervous on Sunday.

What, that we're pointing out that the Texans fans are upset with their team? Of course we're not downplaying that they're an NFL team that will present challenges.

It'll all be ok. Win or lose we get to watch the Bills play. Go Bills!!!

Has "The Purge" been called off early?

:thumbsup:

Lol this was just what I was going to say. Their chicken little routine has nothing on what I see on this bills message board (and even worse in the local press!!!) after even the slightest hiccup in the Bills' performance.

Exactly. We pounded Miami!!! But if felt like we lost badly to them.

I took a week off...

This is why I distance myself from it for a couple days. It's always going to be fire and brim stone after a loss.

yep, after a win it's....we won but, this guy sucked, we can't run, we can't block, we can't cover, and the other team sucks which is why they won. After a loss, it starts to get negative...

yep, after a win it's....we won but, this guy sucked, we can't run, we can't block, we can't cover, and the other team sucks which is why they won. After a loss, it starts to get negative...

Wow, you mean after a negative result, fans also are negative? You should publish a case study.