A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) My condolences to Stevie Johnson and his family wrt the his mom passing away. I am not going to mention him today in terms of this game.

2) I give Mario Williams a lot of credit. He is making SO much money. The team is out of the playoff hunt, and the man still brings it. I am proud to have him on our football team.

3) Although I cannot say that I was thrilled by EJ today, I do see this game as progress. I do like the fact that he ran more often. There is no reason for him not to. Please don't construe this post as me hating on the kid. Again, I view this game as progress.

4) On the sack in the first quarter by Kyle Williams, Branch was double teamed, and was actually pushing back the pile. I don't know if he is signed to a one year deal, but Branch is a player that we truly need to keep. He is making life easier for KW as well as Dareus. If he is due to be a UFA at the end of this season, Whaley should be calling his agent tonight. Seriously.

5) I was proud of Robert Woods today. The kid really does go for the football, and he is showing that he can get open, as well as hold onto the ball.

6) I don't know about you, but I was pissed when Marrone went for the 54 yarder under these circumstances. I would have rather went for the first down, or even punted.

7) Life may be sweeter for this, I don't know.

See how it feels, in the end

May Lady Lullaby sing plainly for you,

Soft, strong, sweet, and true.

8) Between the first down pass that he allowed and the costly penalty (both late in the game), I thought that Gilmore was about to give away the game. But he came back with the late pick and I was thrilled. Btw, he also had a nice block on the play in the 1st quarter after Williams had that nice interception.

9) Plays going to Summers seem to work more often than not, no?

10) I have defended Pears for quite some time now. I still hold to the fact that in terms of the Bills, he is a good RT. We have had some horrors at this position. But he didn't play well today.

11) Legursky was flat out awful. He was beaten and abused. This is too much of a weakness for an NFL football team to hide. Defenses smell blood and exploit holes this big.

12) I give Chandler credit for manning up after his recent debacle.

13) Kudos to Kyle Williams. He made great use of his hands today on pass rushing plays, and did all he could wrt the run.

14) Yeah, I know that this win hurt our draft slot, and I don't really blame those that wish we would have lost. That said, I cannot think like this any more. Bills wins are so precious and few that I crave them. We are a mess, but we won a football game today!!!

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big props to EJ, very nice game even with the pick and fumble

Did TJ have goose egg again?

Aaron Williams with the play of the game on that strip on Robinson when he was going in or else that Jag drive at the end would of been for a go ahead FG

Pettine, get this run D fixed.

I like the way Hackett mixed it up too

Edited by billsfan714

1) My condolences to Stevie Johnson and his family wrt the his mom passing away. I am not going to mention him today in terms of this game.

2) I give Mario Williams a lot of credit. He is making SO much money. The team is out of the playoff hunt, and the man still brings it. I am proud to have him on our football team.

3) Although I cannot say that I was thrilled by EJ today, I do see this game as progress. I do like the fact that he ran more often. There is no reason for him not to. Please don't construe this post as me hating on the kid. Again, I view this game as progress.

4) On the sack in the first quarter by Kyle Williams, Branch was double teamed, and was actually pushing back the pile. I don't know if he is signed to a one year deal, but Branch is a player that we truly need to keep. He is making life easier for KW as well as Dareus. If he is due to be a UFA at the end of this season, Whaley should be calling his agent tonight. Seriously.

5) I was proud of Robert Woods today. The kid really does go for the football, and he is showing that he can get open, as well as hold onto the ball.

6) I don't know about you, but I was pissed when Marrone went for the 54 yarder under these circumstances. I would have rather went for the first down, or even punted.

8) Between the first down pass that he allowed and the costly penalty (both late in the game), I thought that Gilmore was about to give away the game. But he came back with the late pick and I was thrilled. Btw, he also had a nice block on the play in the 1st quarter after Williams had that nice interception.

10) I have defended Pears for quite some time now. I still hold to the fact that in terms of the Bills, he is a good RT. We have had some horrors at this position. But he didn't play well today.

11) Legursky was flat out awful. He was beaten and abused. This is too much of a weakness for an NFL football team to hide. Defenses smell blood and exploit holes this big.

13) Kudos to Kyle Williams. He made great use of his hands today on pass rushing plays, and did all he could wrt the run.

14) Yeah, I know that this win hurt our draft slot, and I don't really blame those that wish we would have lost. That said, I cannot think like this any more. Bills wins are so precious and few that I crave them. We are a mess, but we won a football game today!!!

Congratulations EJ Manuel - your Buffalo Bills team just won a football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Oh yeah - the Buffalo Bills have been officially eliminated from the playoffs.

-_-

1) Stevie Johnson - no comment

2) Mario Williams - doing his job and playing well

3) EJ today - made progress

4) Branch - good depth, keep him.

5) Robert Woods - best WR on the team

6) when Marrone went for the 54 yarder - I was ok with it .

7)

8) Gilmore - nice interception, clutch play, finally

9) Summers - needs more touches instead of Choice

10) Pears - where is Hairston?

11) Legursky - Bum

12) Chandler - did his job

13) Kyle Williams - stud

14) draft slot is not going to matter, time to learn how to win

Branch is in fact on a one year deal.

Thank you for this, and I meant every word that I said. If I was the GM I would offer his agent some nice cash and see if he bites. Positional players (meaning other than quarterbacks) are making WAY less these days. QBs garner in the cash since the new CBA. For instance, I predict that Cutler will be paid more than 15 million per season next year, perhaps even a lot more.

They need to offer Branch 9 mil. or so for 3 years and see if he will jump on it. The Bills can afford it because of the comparatively small amount of money that they allocate to the QB position, let alone their huge amount of cap space.

Summers was great today. EJ got better as the game went on. His first 4 or 5 passes were atrocious. After that, he got better.

A true fan of the Buffalo Bills right now would be focusing on the 2014 draft position for this team. Nothing else. They have been eliminated from the 2013-2014 playoffs.

No offense, but you don't get to define what constitutes a true fan.

1) Stevie Johnson - no comment

2) Mario Williams - doing his job and playing well

3) EJ today - made progress

4) Branch - good depth, keep him.

5) Robert Woods - best WR on the team

6) when Marrone went for the 54 yarder - I was ok with it .

7)

8) Gilmore - nice interception, clutch play, finally

9) Summers - needs more touches instead of Choice

10) Pears - where is Hairston?

11) Legursky - Bum

12) Chandler - did his job

13) Kyle Williams - stud

14) draft slot is not going to matter, time to learn how to win

Agree with you. Summers will continue to get way more touches than Choice, since Choice got cut two weeks ago.

No, this game did not hurt our draft stock. Because our draft stock doesn't matter in December, winning football games does. I will not be rooting against this team in week 17 even. The difference between 7-9 and 4-12 are huge for this team, not just because the wins are few and craved, but because each and every win goes a long way to changing the hopes and beliefs and culture of this team. I know we have put a lot of our hopes in the draft, but the difference between the #8 and #15 pick are just not as much as everybody here makes out, while winning football games really matters.

So I am not just glad we won today for today's singular enjoyment, I am happy we won today for what it means to this club on draft day, and all through next season.

Go Bills

51 catches, 593 yards for the year missing one game on an offense that has passed for 2,524 yards. He has 23% of this teams yardage. The 23% is alarming.

I wonder what happened to all the birds hating on him last year? Anyone know what Skelton is up to?

I listened to the game, it was pretty exciting having him score 3 TD's today.

Earlier in the year I was keeping DT/NT in the top 5 rounds of the draft. If we can retain Branch and Carrington we do not need to address this in the draft until 2015.

I think we are seeing the old fashioned progression of a football player. We are seeing a very good WR develop every week and could see him truly blow up in his second year but still perhaps needing a 3rd year to hit stride. Many of the games best WR's took 2+ years to develop.

I think it was about confidence in his team, setting an example and showing faith in his kicker. Carpenter has been money this year and deserves the Pro Bowl nod.

I hope it's just hiccups with this kid, but every time I watch the tapes on him I can't sit easily seeing the mistakes he is making.

We all thought Wingo was going to get more reps with Tashard Choice leaving. Maybe we all thought wrong. Summers played RB in college.

Please, someone check me here; on the radio they said said Pears and Legursky have only allowed 1 or 2 penalties this year, Woods had the most while Sanders had the 2nd amount. Anyone got this?

I like the depth he provides for us in 2014; I would rather retain him next year then create another hole to be filled.

I want him as our #2 TE in 2014. #1, no idea... but hopefully a worthy starter.

Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson are the heart and soul of this team and I would rather not have anyone else represent this team then both of these players. What great men.

Win or lose at this point of the season I do not really care anymore, I just want to see development among our players and hope.

A true fan of the Buffalo Bills right now would be focusing on the 2014 draft position for this team. Nothing else. They have been eliminated from the 2013-2014 playoffs.

So instead of learning how to win a game because there is no playoff berth at stake, the Bills should just tank the season and count on the questionable competency of the front office in the draft to be our salvation in 2014.

I understand now.

I have seen the light.

Always love seeing a Bills win. Thanks for the recap, Bill.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this defense can't seem to stop the run. Another no-name RB tops 100 yards, and the yards are there in big chunks. With all the talent on that side of the ball, why can't anyone figure this thing out?

The biggest thing for me today was seeing EJ's response after his horrendous start.

Picking it up and going 17-20 w/ 2 TDs (plus 1 rushing TD) after starting 0-4 with a pick was huge for the kid's mojo IMO.

Totally agree with Bill on Branch; gotta re-sign him.

Thought Mario was the best defensive player on the field, again.

Oh, an Glenn and Wood are both very, very good offensive linemen.

name='PearlHowardman' timestamp='1387147344' post='3005087']

[/b]

Even if I tried to make myself think this way, I could not do it. Sorry, but I could not disagree with you more. True fans of the Bills have been through a lot of losses. Every type of loss. With great teams. With good teams. With average teams.With bad teams. I have never, ever wanted them to lose. Life is just better when the Bills win.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

No, this game did not hurt our draft stock. Because our draft stock doesn't matter in December, winning football games does. I will not be rooting against this team in week 17 even. The difference between 7-9 and 4-12 are huge for this team, not just because the wins are few and craved, but because each and every win goes a long way to changing the hopes and beliefs and culture of this team. I know we have put a lot of our hopes in the draft, but the difference between the #8 and #15 pick are just not as much as everybody here makes out, while winning football games really matters.

So I am not just glad we won today for today's singular enjoyment, I am happy we won today for what it means to this club on draft day, and all through next season.

Go Bills

Go Koufax! I believe that you speak for all true Billievers: wins are notches in the belt, all the rest is basically fluff. Go Bills.

I enjoy reading your post's after every game, i do not always agree with you, but you keep it as objective as a fan possible can.

Keep up the good Work.

Greetings from a Bills fan from Denmark

I was hoping that I could get far enough away from the Bills that I could move on with my life. If you being in Denmark hasn't done it, then I have no hope. :nana:

Like Beerball says, though, welcome to the board.

So instead of learning how to win a game because there is no playoff berth at stake, the Bills should just tank the season and count on the questionable competency of the front office in the draft to be our salvation in 2014.

I understand now.

I have seen the light.

If "learning how to win a game" meant anything

What did the Bills exactly learn by finishing the game with a JAX botched run at the 1, and Chad Henne throwing the ball twice right at Bills.

Good post, as usual.

Too bad for SJ - I dinged him on an earlier post and did not know the family situation.

Tough to get back in the saddle when that happens, but that event can cause a heavy dose of self-reflection and maturation for a young man. Time will tell how Stevie deals with his tragedy, but a tough all-around year for #13.

Congratulations EJ Manuel - your Buffalo Bills team just won a football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Oh yeah - the Buffalo Bills have been officially eliminated from the playoffs.

-_-

Is there a reason why u are even here? Your not a bills fan so why are you wasting your time?

+1 x's 10000 Edited by snamsnoops

If "learning how to win a game" meant anything

What did the Bills exactly learn by finishing the game with a JAX botched run at the 1, and Chad Henne throwing the ball twice right at Bills.

What a tepid and gutless response.

If NE wins that game in the same fashion you'd look at it and say "see that? They just find a way to get it done, even if it isn't pretty".

The Bills made the plays today to beat a team coming off a 3-game winning streak, who had an extra 1/2 week to prepare, and you want to marginalize it for reasons that are unknown to the rest of the breathing world.

Tepid and gutless I say.

9) Summers: And why was he a healthy scratch last week vs Tampa?

Goodwin scores if that ball is thrown a little more in front of him. EJ had time but he didn't step into it.

I agree he needed just a little more, but after watching the replay Goodwin could have caught that. It went right threw his hands! He will be a stud in a couple years.......I hope!

Wasn't #64—JJ 'UNGA—supposed to play today at LG? I kept looking for him, but really didn't notice when/if he played.

Did anyone see him out there, and any report about his play?

Go Bills

Agreed. If this team sees a game-changing player where there won't be others later, I expect them to move mountains to get to the spot they need to get to to draft him. Losing to score a draft pick is bad form if nothing else. I know a lot of people think the Colts did so, twice. The QBs they've had are nice but they've only netted them one SB in those 15 or so years, so there's that.

Plus, can you imagine what it does for this team -- not just in terms of morale, but in terms of team-building -- if it beats NE in week 17?

From what I saw, the Bills OC started the 1st QTR horrendously by trying to force EJ to carry the team again like has in so many in the past. Somewhere in the 2nd QTR the Bills offense started to get it together, run the ball more, and finished the game with 44 rushes for 198 yards vs 24 attempts passing for 168 yards. 12 first down rushing, a 5.1 avg gain.

This wasn't a meaningless win as the Bills needed to gain some insight in how EJ is progressing, and if they can win with him at QB, I think they did that. Although the Jags do have the 29th ranked defense.

Branch is in fact on a one year deal.

I am sure they will be able to re-up it for a 2-3 year contract. Branch also benefits by playing along side Dareus, Mario and Kyle.

Any time you lose someone, it is a tragedy. Losing your Mom is one of the worst. Condolences and our prayers to his family.

Robert Woods is simply an amazing player. He does not lose focus, makes his catch and protects the football. EJ should look for Woods more often. He should be our #1 WR.

This team still needs LBs....I don't what they did today, but you just can't let 3rd string RBs rush 100+ yards against you on a weekly basis. And those big 3rd and LOOOONG conversions are just getting annoying.

From what I saw, the Bills OC started the 1st QTR horrendously by trying to force EJ to carry the team again like has in so many in the past. Somewhere in the 2nd QTR the Bills offense started to get it together, run the ball more, and finished the game with 44 rushes for 198 yards vs 24 attempts passing for 168 yards. 12 first down rushing, a 5.1 avg gain.

This wasn't a meaningless win as the Bills needed to gain some insight in how EJ is progressing, and if they can win with him at QB, I think they did that. Although the Jags do have the 29th ranked defense.

Next week will be a good test. The Dolphins fresh of a win against the Patriots will be coming to town and smelling playoffs around the corner. It will be up to this horrendous OL to figure out how to stop Cameron Wake.