A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) My condolences to Stevie Johnson and his family wrt the his mom passing away. I am not going to mention him today in terms of this game.

2) I give Mario Williams a lot of credit. He is making SO much money. The team is out of the playoff hunt, and the man still brings it. I am proud to have him on our football team.

3) Although I cannot say that I was thrilled by EJ today, I do see this game as progress. I do like the fact that he ran more often. There is no reason for him not to. Please don't construe this post as me hating on the kid. Again, I view this game as progress.

4) On the sack in the first quarter by Kyle Williams, Branch was double teamed, and was actually pushing back the pile. I don't know if he is signed to a one year deal, but Branch is a player that we truly need to keep. He is making life easier for KW as well as Dareus. If he is due to be a UFA at the end of this season, Whaley should be calling his agent tonight. Seriously.

5) I was proud of Robert Woods today. The kid really does go for the football, and he is showing that he can get open, as well as hold onto the ball.

6) I don't know about you, but I was pissed when Marrone went for the 54 yarder under these circumstances. I would have rather went for the first down, or even punted.

7) Life may be sweeter for this, I don't know.

See how it feels, in the end

May Lady Lullaby sing plainly for you,

Soft, strong, sweet, and true.

8) Between the first down pass that he allowed and the costly penalty (both late in the game), I thought that Gilmore was about to give away the game. But he came back with the late pick and I was thrilled. Btw, he also had a nice block on the play in the 1st quarter after Williams had that nice interception.

9) Plays going to Summers seem to work more often than not, no?

10) I have defended Pears for quite some time now. I still hold to the fact that in terms of the Bills, he is a good RT. We have had some horrors at this position. But he didn't play well today.

11) Legursky was flat out awful. He was beaten and abused. This is too much of a weakness for an NFL football team to hide. Defenses smell blood and exploit holes this big.

12) I give Chandler credit for manning up after his recent debacle.

13) Kudos to Kyle Williams. He made great use of his hands today on pass rushing plays, and did all he could wrt the run.

14) Yeah, I know that this win hurt our draft slot, and I don't really blame those that wish we would have lost. That said, I cannot think like this any more. Bills wins are so precious and few that I crave them. We are a mess, but we won a football game today!!!

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big props to EJ, very nice game even with the pick and fumble

Did TJ have goose egg again?

Aaron Williams with the play of the game on that strip on Robinson when he was going in or else that Jag drive at the end would of been for a go ahead FG

Pettine, get this run D fixed.

I like the way Hackett mixed it up too

Edited by billsfan714

1) My condolences to Stevie Johnson and his family wrt the his mom passing away. I am not going to mention him today in terms of this game.

2) I give Mario Williams a lot of credit. He is making SO much money. The team is out of the playoff hunt, and the man still brings it. I am proud to have him on our football team.

3) Although I cannot say that I was thrilled by EJ today, I do see this game as progress. I do like the fact that he ran more often. There is no reason for him not to. Please don't construe this post as me hating on the kid. Again, I view this game as progress.

4) On the sack in the first quarter by Kyle Williams, Branch was double teamed, and was actually pushing back the pile. I don't know if he is signed to a one year deal, but Branch is a player that we truly need to keep. He is making life easier for KW as well as Dareus. If he is due to be a UFA at the end of this season, Whaley should be calling his agent tonight. Seriously.

5) I was proud of Robert Woods today. The kid really does go for the football, and he is showing that he can get open, as well as hold onto the ball.

6) I don't know about you, but I was pissed when Marrone went for the 54 yarder under these circumstances. I would have rather went for the first down, or even punted.

7) Life may be sweeter for this, I don't know.

See how it feels, in the end

May Lady Lullaby sing plainly for you,

Soft, strong, sweet, and true.

8) Between the first down pass that he allowed and the costly penalty (both late in the game), I thought that Gilmore was about to give away the game. But he came back with the late pick and I was thrilled. Btw, he also had a nice block on the play in the 1st quarter after Williams had that nice interception.

9) Plays going to Summers seem to work more often than not, no?

10) I have defended Pears for quite some time now. I still hold to the fact that in terms of the Bills, he is a good RT. We have had some horrors at this position. But he didn't play well today.

11) Legursky was flat out awful. He was beaten and abused. This is too much of a weakness for an NFL football team to hide. Defenses smell blood and exploit holes this big.

12) I give Chandler credit for manning up after his recent debacle.

13) Kudos to Kyle Williams. He made great use of his hands today on pass rushing plays, and did all he could wrt the run.

14) Yeah, I know that this win hurt our draft slot, and I don't really blame those that wish we would have lost. That said, I cannot think like this any more. Bills wins are so precious and few that I crave them. We are a mess, but we won a football game today!!!

Congratulations EJ Manuel - your Buffalo Bills team just won a football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Oh yeah - the Buffalo Bills have been officially eliminated from the playoffs.

-_-

1) Stevie Johnson - no comment

2) Mario Williams - doing his job and playing well

3) EJ today - made progress

4) Branch - good depth, keep him.

5) Robert Woods - best WR on the team

6) when Marrone went for the 54 yarder - I was ok with it .

7)

8) Gilmore - nice interception, clutch play, finally

9) Summers - needs more touches instead of Choice

10) Pears - where is Hairston?

11) Legursky - Bum

12) Chandler - did his job

13) Kyle Williams - stud

14) draft slot is not going to matter, time to learn how to win

Branch is in fact on a one year deal.

Thank you for this, and I meant every word that I said. If I was the GM I would offer his agent some nice cash and see if he bites. Positional players (meaning other than quarterbacks) are making WAY less these days. QBs garner in the cash since the new CBA. For instance, I predict that Cutler will be paid more than 15 million per season next year, perhaps even a lot more.

They need to offer Branch 9 mil. or so for 3 years and see if he will jump on it. The Bills can afford it because of the comparatively small amount of money that they allocate to the QB position, let alone their huge amount of cap space.

Summers was great today. EJ got better as the game went on. His first 4 or 5 passes were atrocious. After that, he got better.

A true fan of the Buffalo Bills right now would be focusing on the 2014 draft position for this team. Nothing else. They have been eliminated from the 2013-2014 playoffs.

No offense, but you don't get to define what constitutes a true fan.

1) Stevie Johnson - no comment

2) Mario Williams - doing his job and playing well

3) EJ today - made progress

4) Branch - good depth, keep him.

5) Robert Woods - best WR on the team

6) when Marrone went for the 54 yarder - I was ok with it .

7)

8) Gilmore - nice interception, clutch play, finally

9) Summers - needs more touches instead of Choice

10) Pears - where is Hairston?

11) Legursky - Bum

12) Chandler - did his job

13) Kyle Williams - stud

14) draft slot is not going to matter, time to learn how to win

Agree with you. Summers will continue to get way more touches than Choice, since Choice got cut two weeks ago.

No, this game did not hurt our draft stock. Because our draft stock doesn't matter in December, winning football games does. I will not be rooting against this team in week 17 even. The difference between 7-9 and 4-12 are huge for this team, not just because the wins are few and craved, but because each and every win goes a long way to changing the hopes and beliefs and culture of this team. I know we have put a lot of our hopes in the draft, but the difference between the #8 and #15 pick are just not as much as everybody here makes out, while winning football games really matters.

So I am not just glad we won today for today's singular enjoyment, I am happy we won today for what it means to this club on draft day, and all through next season.

Go Bills