A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

Thank you Bill for the breakdown. I often don't get to see the games due to work and always love to catch up on the nuances that I miss just reading major outlet sources.

One of the things I keep thinking about, and I haven't seen it brought up much (may have missed it.) If we win the last two games, besides just going 7-9 for the season which would be the second best record we've posted during the playoff drought I believe. More so, it would also put us at 4-2 in the division. I can't recall offhand, the last time we had a winning record in our division. That, to me, would be a great boost to this team's confidence going into next year and I don't feel that that can be understated for a young team like ours.

Also, a Miami sweep would be a wonderful Christmas present from Santa this year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the post Bill. Enjoyed the win today. We have lots of holes to fill on this team, and the O line needs some help. Why we can't stop the run on defense is a question that is hard to answer, but it's a lot of fun to watch this defense crush a QB and the passing game in obvious passing situations. Can you imagine this defense and how many sacks they would have if they ever had a two score lead in the fourth quarter on a regular basis?!

You give Mario Williams credit for doing his job especially since he makes a lot of money?

I do. He could have packed it in and continued to collect and count his millions. Instead, he is playing football and although he didn't have the great stats, he was very important in terms of the win with his almost constant pressure.

I do. He could have packed it in and continued to collect and count his millions. Instead, he is playing football and although he didn't have the great stats, he was very important in terms of the win with his almost constant pressure.

Agreed. Hughes is having a career year because of presence of Mario on the other side and Kyle's pressure from the interior. It allows Manny lawson to drop in coverage more often than they could have achieved with Nigel.

Thank you Bill for the breakdown. I often don't get to see the games due to work and always love to catch up on the nuances that I miss just reading major outlet sources.

One of the things I keep thinking about, and I haven't seen it brought up much (may have missed it.) If we win the last two games, besides just going 7-9 for the season which would be the second best record we've posted during the playoff drought I believe. More so, it would also put us at 4-2 in the division. I can't recall offhand, the last time we had a winning record in our division. That, to me, would be a great boost to this team's confidence going into next year and I don't feel that that can be understated for a young team like ours.

Also, a Miami sweep would be a wonderful Christmas present from Santa this year.

And that will means two cosecutive wins,something i consider valuable for this team and unseen in something like 1 1/2 year

A true fan of the Buffalo Bills right now would be focusing on the 2014 draft position for this team. Nothing else. They have been eliminated from the 2013-2014 playoffs.

in previous years I have thought along these lines - but THIS team needs to learn how to win, and going on a three game win streak to end the season gives confidence and helps to start turn around the culture of losing in this locker room, in this franchise.....win football games and the rest will come

And it would deal them quite a blow to their playoff hopes. At the moment, they're the second wild card..pending Baltimore's result tonight. Even more reason for the Bills to show up for the home finale.

in previous years I have thought along these lines - but THIS team needs to learn how to win, and going on a three game win streak to end the season gives confidence and helps to start turn around the culture of losing in this locker room, in this franchise.....win football games and the rest will come

I don't see how ANYONE could think along these lines. A "true fan" wants their team to win every time they take the field. Despite the veterans here, this is still a young team and a new coaching staff. All them need to win games to boost their own morale. Finish on a high note and get back to work in March.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Thank you for the post Bill. Enjoyed the win today. We have lots of holes to fill on this team, and the O line needs some help. Why we can't stop the run on defense is a question that is hard to answer, but it's a lot of fun to watch this defense crush a QB and the passing game in obvious passing situations. Can you imagine this defense and how many sacks they would have if they ever had a two score lead in the fourth quarter on a regular basis?!

Yup.. we need some help on the O-line, someone to help with the run stopping on defense, and a first rate tight end. I see us getting to the six win goal for what I would consider a satisfactory season, and a seven win total would be a big big plus (especially against the teams we wil be playing.) We didn't play all that well against a not very good team...but we won. And in the final analysis winning is the major statistic.

Man, I know this has been said before, but the board can be just as bad, or worse, after the Bills win a game instead of lose.

There's this thing called Confirmation Bias. When a person has formed an opinion (EJ will never win, Coach has to get canned) they will attach themselves to evidence that supports their opinion and ignore or excuse evidence that doesn't.

So, when the Bills commit a costly fumble, it's a sign of bad coaching and a lack of preparation. When the OTHER team commits a costly fumble, it's dumb luck. Think about the third party unbiased observer - would they construe Aaron Williams' strip as anything short of a highlight reel play?

Now, it goes the other way too. You'll notice plenty of posters who've pretty much forgotten the Bucs game and how EJ looked like a rank amateur.

There's this thing called Confirmation Bias. When a person has formed an opinion (EJ will never win, Coach has to get canned) they will attach themselves to evidence that supports their opinion and ignore or excuse evidence that doesn't.

So, when the Bills commit a costly fumble, it's a sign of bad coaching and a lack of preparation. When the OTHER team commits a costly fumble, it's dumb luck. Think about the third party unbiased observer - would they construe Aaron Williams' strip as anything short of a highlight reel play?

Now, it goes the other way too. You'll notice plenty of posters who've pretty much forgotten the Bucs game and how EJ looked like a rank amateur.

I haven't. And quite frankly, that carried over into the 1st quarter of the games vs. the Jags. The INT that EJ threw on that bubble screen was inexcusable. Versus ANY OTHER team, we would've gotten blown out of that game yesterday in the 1st half.

Thankfully our defense showed up in the first half. EJ everntually did put together some good drives so that should definitely be seen as a positive. In the end, we just want the arrow to be pointing up on this guy. But man he's got a long way to go still.

I agree with this...