Mario Williams deserves props

Everything he did in the game and that's what u concentrate on? How many other defenders missed Tannehill on that play?

Give Tannehill credit for keeping play alive but Bills wouldn't have won without Mario today.

Completely ridiculous statement

the dude was chasing him hard, and tried to get him

Sarcasm.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annnnnd this is a good example of why I basically have left this board. What a !@#$ing clown show.

Maybe Mario isn't worth the huge contract (is anyone?), but for !@#$s sake, he's playing some damned good ball.

In all fairness to the board, it is only 2 very vocal and persistent posters who have made this thread a clown show.

If you put them on ignore then I think you'll find the show to be a lot less clownish.

Bruce got most of his sacks on running plays.

Now THIS made me laugh out loud. Much needed after reading the drivel around here that passes for intelligent observation of the game. Much appreciated, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Mario's first sack tool a FG off the board for the fish.

Mario's second sack won the game.

That is the definition of a difference maker.

On the third platy of the game, williams threw the ot aside like a rag doll and just about got to tannehill. Tannehill rushed his throw, and robey picked it off. He had 2 other great pressures in the first half that didn't end in sacks but which blew up plays - one at around miami's own 2 and one on third and 12 when the dolphins were at around the bills 40 yard line.

Now THIS made me laugh out loud. Much needed after reading the drivel around here that passes for intelligent observation of the game. Much appreciated, too.

GO BILLS!!!

#thelegendofbrucesmith

I think Mario should start tweeting them.

Joe B is awful and is a "know it all" who watches lots of film but I'm sure has never played a down in his life. He's a Monday morning qb who thinks he knows football cause he watches the all 22 all week long

Very good. Inclined to agree.

Props? He finally earned his paycheck in a divisional game. I'll give props to Freddie Jackson - he played hurt all game and is the true leader of this team. Mario now has 2 sacks and a forced fumble in 9 AFC East games since joining the bills. (1 sack one FF today)... He was virtually invisible until the 4th quarter.......

Really? Cause it was his pressure that caused Tannehill to throw the ball before he wanted to on Robey's pick six...that was what? Three plays into the game? Just saying...

Edited by matter2003

Joe Buscaglia basically said the same thing on the John Murphy show and that guy watches more film than anyone. I don't hate Mario I just don't see the greatness and when he leaves this team it won't make a difference one way or the other.

...odd comment considering he made THE difference today.

On the third platy of the game, williams threw the ot aside like a rag doll and just about got to tannehill. Tannehill rushed his throw, and robey picked it off. He had 2 other great pressures in the first half that didn't end in sacks but which blew up plays - one at around miami's own 2 and one on third and 12 when the dolphins were at around the bills 40 yard line.

I agree. On the interception Mario clearly effected the throw.

I figured I'd just mention too indisputable plays for the knuckle heads that want to focus their jealousy on Mario's contract.

Would I be wrong saying jj watt and aldon - currently lacking consistency- smith are the only two players with more sacks since his signing? I think he passed Von - literally invisible this year- miller today

Edited by NoSaint

Underrated part of the strip sack. Jerry Hughes absolutely destroyed Daniel Thomas on that play. Got him up in the air and basically threw him into Tannehill's lap so he had no escape route. I know the Bills only had 2 sacks today but they did and EXCELLENT job of keeping Tannehill contained so he couldn't hurt them with his legs.

Props? He finally earned his paycheck in a divisional game. I'll give props to Freddie Jackson - he played hurt all game and is the true leader of this team. Mario now has 2 sacks and a forced fumble in 9 AFC East games since joining the bills. (1 sack one FF today)... He was virtually invisible until the 4th quarter.......

If you knew the statistical definition of a sack it would go a long way, because stripping the ball from the QB is a sack. Find me a defensive lineman that dominates on every play of every game because from where I'm sitting Mario has been absolutely phenomenal.

4 sack game against an NFC team (he had a multiple sack game last year in Arizona). He needs to play more consistently within the division. "Super" Mario gave Tannehill one last shot because he couldn't wrap him up the last play of the game...."Elite" players have another sack there and don't give the other team a chance to win. That was a bigtime whiff.

He had his arms around the QB and he still got away - you mean to tell me Tannehill is stronger than super Mario?? Can't be.

wrist injury lol! - when Mario doesn't perform he always finds an excuse.

Dammit. I got trolled because nobody can be this stupid.

If you knew the statistical definition of a sack it would go a long way, because stripping the ball from the QB is a sack. Find me a defensive lineman that dominates on every play of every game because from where I'm sitting Mario has been absolutely phenomenal.

Dammit. I got trolled because nobody can be this stupid.

I'm not comparing the two because one is a HoFer and one is still playing but I really don't remember people dissecting Bruce Smith's games this way. I really don't. He wasn't lights out every week. Far from it.

I'm not comparing the two because one is a HoFer and one is still playing but I really don't remember people dissecting Bruce Smith's games this way. I really don't. He wasn't lights out every week. Far from it.

That team would've suffered greatly in the Internet age. As is the memory remains untarnished. Winning cures a lot but can you imagine what this place would've been like with some of the personalities and troubles around that squad?

And again, the sample sizes aren't even close to equal. But Smith averaged .788 sacks per game as a Bill. Williams is averaging .891

FWIW - Smith didn't have a sack vs. Miami (hence Marino, primary nemesis of the day) in 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, or 1995. He had a total of 15 against Miami in his career, less than any other team in the AFC East by a lot. I don't recall hearing him skewered over that really ever.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sideline-Reactions--Bills-23---Dolphins-21/17569403

Mario's maniacal day

- Heading into the contest, Mario Williams was thought to be the key for the Bills in their hopes of beating a Miami team that was not only at home, but that was coming off their bye week as well. With the Bills shifting defensive pieces around, Williams got opportunities against both left tackle Jonathan Martin and right tackle Tyson Clabo. Not only did Williams beat them throughout the game, he annihilated them. He took over that contest much like he did against Byron Bell and the Carolina Panthers in Week Two, and his power moves proved to be the difference in the game.

Some will argue that the Dolphins should have passed in that situation (FYI, your author had no problems with it), but Williams simply powered through Clabo and got to Ryan Tannehill to force the eventual game-winning fumble that was recovered by the Bills. Following two very average performances, Williams showed up playing at a superstar's level.

Read it perfectly fine - you said Mario's "play" reminded you of Bruce Smith -You need to watch games sober.....

Sure you did. Hmm. Many of us - no, pretty much all if us in here - having been talking about the play Mario made to strip Miami's ball. Does writing "THE Play reminded me of what Bruce used to do against Miami" make it mean anything different than I wrote? No.

Mario has been a beast this year. No pass rusher is dominant each and every play. Esp a guy who is commanding double teams and offensive attention. But the guy has been getting pressure and sacks almost every game. Guy is definitely playing like the best player on the defense.

I don't know what they were talking and laughing about, but I got a kick out of Mario repeatedly and emphatically saying "F*** that!" on the sidelines right after he had blown up another Tackle and tried to chop Tannehill's arm off. That was good stuff. :lol:

Some did not notice because he didn't record a sack but Mario completely dominated the 1st quarter of this game, in addition to the 4th. Had the rush on Robey's interception, drew a holding penalty that brought back a Miami first down completion, and forced an early throw several other times. I can't express how awesome it was to watch a Buffalo Bills defensive lineman dominate a game so thoroughly.

Edited by J-Gun Boone

Some did not notice because he didn't record a sack but Mario completely dominated the 1st quarter of this game, in addition to the 4th. Had the rush on Robey's interception, drew a holding penalty that brought back a Miami first down completion, and forced an early throw several other times. I can't express how awesome it was to watch a Buffalo Bills defensive lineman dominate a game so thoroughly.

And yet on the last play of the game, he almost blew it by not bringing the QB down who was in his grasp. It could have cost us the game :nana:

I don't know what they were talking and laughing about, but I got a kick out of Mario repeatedly and emphatically saying "F*** that!" on the sidelines right after he had blown up another Tackle and tried to chop Tannehill's arm off. That was good stuff. :lol:

He told Kyle Williams he had to scoop and score.

Kyle said something. Kyle's back was to the camera.

Then Mario said !@#$ that over and over.

It was good to see some personality out of that bunch.

In his statistically best season, 1990, Bruce had 19 sacks. 4 of them came against playoff teams. 2 against Houston (9-7 WC) and 2 against Philadelphia (10-6 WC). The rest came against Indianapolis (7-9), NY Jets (6-10), Denver (5-11), Phoenix (5-11), and New England (1-15).

If you include pressures, Smit's best season was clearly 1996. He had 14 sacks, but he had an insane 47 pressures and was a great run defender by then too. He was defensive player of the year too.

Edited by dave mcbride

I slagged him last year for being invisible but he has come around and deserves a game ball today!

he was invisible last year, and I even thought of him as a bust...but he's certainly come back to pro-bowl form. However we are not paying him pro-bowl money...we're paying him hall of fame money. Keep improving Mario.

If you include pressures, Smit's best season was clearly 1996. He had 14 sacks, but he had an insane 47 pressures and was a great run defender by then too. He was defensive player of the year too.

That's the Paup 17.5 & Hansen 10 season with Mt. Washington. From memory his tackle count was also high that year, Hansen's particularly? I still have the Browns game in tape, wet night, skinny Justin Armour looked good, Paup, Smith & Hansen all got sacks that night on Vinny. 1st time recalling Belicheck's name. Darick H had a bad chop block. Rishon was outclassed by Reed, Kurt Schulz & Jim Leonard remind me of each other. I digress!

Mario's 1st quarter, from the start was worth watching.

The hustle on the last play was great to see.

yep, 1 good game a month

No offense, but you might be the worst poster on this board. I pray you are kidding with these posts and if you are, I apologize and you are hilarious. Everything you post is constantly wrong. I could make a ton of money in Vegas by simply listening to you and doing the exact opposite. Tannehill looks amazing huh? Landry Jones in the 1st round? Mario for John Skelton? I think you were also a big Blaine Gabbert fan.

Just stop. Please. Thanks. :pirate:

he was invisible last year, and I even thought of him as a bust...but he's certainly come back to pro-bowl form. However we are not paying him pro-bowl money...we're paying him hall of fame money. Keep improving Mario.

Dude, he had 10 sacks last year; that's not invisible.

I swear, on this board there's no middle ground; a guy's either a 1st ballot HOFer or a complete bust.