Mario Williams deserves props

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we don't beat Carolina and Miami without him. So if 2 wins before the halfway point of the season isn't making a difference in your eyes, well, I don't know what you expect. I get the feeling that if you were a Denver fan you would be on their forums criticizing Peyton Manning.

wrong, I wanted Peyton but that's a whole different conversation.

You guys are forgetting that I didn't say he had a bad game,

it's just that he doesn't play like this game in and game out. There is a reason why there isn't a Mario appreciation thread every week.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

BB trying to give firechan a run for worst post of the week ?

Mario is good. You and a few others act like he's Aaron maybin .

2 sacks in 9 AFC East games (both against Miami) That speaks for itself. Maybin could probably do that....

Mario was player of game as far as I'm concerned

He had help from a few vets, i.e. Freddy, Stevie, Marcel and Jairus among others. It is tough to win on the road and the vets showed the new guys what it takes...all good.

Joe Buscaglia basically said the same thing on the John Murphy show and that guy watches more film than anyone. I don't hate Mario I just don't see the greatness and when he leaves this team it won't make a difference one way or the other.

Joe B is awful and is a "know it all" who watches lots of film but I'm sure has never played a down in his life. He's a Monday morning qb who thinks he knows football cause he watches the all 22 all week long

wrong, I wanted Peyton but that's a whole different conversation.

You guys are forgetting that I didn't say he had a bad game,

it's just that he doesn't play like this game in and game out. There is a reason why there isn't a Mario appreciation thread every week.

Show me any defensive end who wins games for his team week in and week out.

Of course he's not worth $96 million, nobody other than a quarterback in this league will EVER be worth that type of money but I can say this, I'm glad he's on our team.

2 sacks in 9 AFC East games (both against Miami) That speaks for itself. Maybin could probably do that....

Geez Azucho. I was gonna call you out by name as the other guy that hates on Mario in my earlier post.

I know you want to forget the 4.5 sack game he had earlier this year.

That meant nothing I guess.

Show me any defensive end who wins games for his team week in and week out.

Of course he's not worth $96 million, nobody other than a quarterback in this league will EVER be worth that type of money but I can say this, I'm glad he's on our team.

I didn't say wins games, it's his consistency on the field.

Geez Azucho. I was gonna call you out by name as the other guy that hates on Mario in my earlier post.

that was the other game, should be good to go in a few weeks. (and I gave him props for it, if anyone wants to check)

Tremendous 4th quarter by him. He is the main reason we were able to pull of a victory late today.

Early in the game I saw him just throw Johnathan Martin like a rag doll. Dude is a beast and is finally healthy.

10 sacks in 7 games. Tremendous

Huge game for him. Good post by the way. He deserves the props.

Did you see him miss the sack on the final Hail Mary? HE COULD HAVE COST US THE GAME!

Everything he did in the game and that's what u concentrate on? How many other defenders missed Tannehill on that play?

Give Tannehill credit for keeping play alive but Bills wouldn't have won without Mario today.

Completely ridiculous statement

yep, 1 good game a month

Expecting him to get multiple sacks a game is beyond unrealistic

Even if he isn't getting sacks he demands attention which frees up other players

Edited by Max997

that was the other game, should be good to go in a few weeks. (and I gave him props for it, if anyone wants to check)

I know, right, in the 4 games between those he only got 3.5 sacks and played well vs the run.

I hate ends that have sacks in only 5 of 7 games and 2+ in 3 of those

The dude only has 17 sacks in his last 16 games (ie exactly a full season since the wrist surgery)

Edited by NoSaint

Skelton didn't cross my mind, Mario is not consistent and never will be and is therefore not worth the money

Assuming you are actually watching the games, know what you're seeing, and have an appreciation for the position, I have to seriously question your football acumen, here. He's been the most consistent player on our defense since his first game with the team, wrist injury and lack of eye-popping sack numbers, not-withstanding.

GO BILLS!!!

Assuming you are actually watching the games, know what you're seeing, and have an appreciation for the position, I have to seriously question your football acumen, here. He's been the most consistent player on our defense since his first game with the team, wrist injury and lack of eye-popping sack numbers, not-withstanding.

GO BILLS!!!

Not getting a sack his first two weeks really destroyed his reputation. Since then he has an eye popping 20 sacks in 21 games.

Not getting a sack his first two weeks really destroyed his reputation. Since then he has an eye popping 20 sacks in 21 games.

Well, even in terms of sacks then, he's been consistent. But even in the absence of sacks, nobody on our team plays the run better, nobody is more stout at the POA, and nobody else gets more pressures, all the while garnering the most attention from opposing OCs. And it's not like he enjoys the luxury of playing with big leads in games, especially late.

GO BILLS!!!

4 sack game against an NFC team (he had a multiple sack game last year in Arizona). He needs to play more consistently within the division. "Super" Mario gave Tannehill one last shot because he couldn't wrap him up the last play of the game...."Elite" players have another sack there and don't give the other team a chance to win. That was a bigtime whiff.

the dude was chasing him hard, and tried to get him

He had his arms around the QB and he still got away - you mean to tell me Tannehill is stronger than super Mario?? Can't be.

GO BILLS!!!

wrist injury lol! - when Mario doesn't perform he always finds an excuse.

Edited by Azucho98

:lol:

If you let it go you might, one day, recover from your Skelton thread. But to keep it up like this is going to keep having it thrown back in your face. It's like you believe if you wish hard enough what you thought will come true. Try clicking your heels together too, that might work.

He'll never recover from that post. His weekly bs makes me ill. He'll be ignore status shortly

yep, 1 good game a month

I rarely post, but read a lot here. I feel it's time to point this out. You are constantly wrong. Constantly. I realize personal attacks are frowned upon, but the frequency with which you are on the wrong side of things is astounding. Are you doing this on purpose?

He pretty much won this game singlehandedly. This is why we pay him the big bucks. Play reminded me of what Bruce used to do against Miami.

Mario reminds you of Bruce Smith?? When did Bruce ever show up for just 1 quarter of a game? Edited by Azucho98

4 sack game against an NFC team (he had a multiple sack game last year in Arizona). He needs to play more consistently within the division. "Super" Mario gave Tannehill one last shot because he couldn't wrap him up the last play of the game...."Elite" players have another sack there and don't give the other team a chance to win. That was a bigtime whiff.

He had his arms around the QB and he still got away - you mean to tell me Tannehill is stronger than super Mario?? Can't be.

wrist injury lol! - when Mario doesn't perform he always finds an excuse.

What was the stat above? 20 sacks in 21 games? 17 sacks in the 16 games since he had his injury taken care of last year? LOL indeed! Night and day since his wrist healed. STILL a great player against the run. STILL strong at the POA. STILL the object of opposing OCs every game.

And sometimes you have to give the other guy some credit. Tannehill isn't some little weakling out there. If you had more of an understanding of the game, you'd be able to appreciate the opponent more.

GO BILLS!!!

Earned his paycheck today! He doesn't get enough credit honestly. Leading the league in sacks and he's never mentioned in pro bowl discussions or rated as one of the best pass rushers. Can a $100 million dollar man fly under the radar? Apparently

When that man plays for the Bills, yes.

What was the stat above? 20 sacks in 21 games? 17 sacks in the 16 games since he had his injury taken care of last year? LOL indeed! Night and day since his wrist healed. STILL a great player against the run. STILL strong at the POA. STILL the object of opposing OCs every game.

And sometimes you have to give the other guy some credit. Tannehill isn't some little weakling out there. If you had more of an understanding of the game, you'd be able to appreciate the opponent more.

GO BILLS!!!

He STILL stinks in division games. Who cares of he has 4 sacks against a nearly meaningless NFC game?

You need to read more carefully or at least reply when you're sober.

Read it perfectly fine - you said Mario's "play" reminded you of Bruce Smith -You need to watch games sober.....

He STILL stinks in division games. Who cares of he has 4 sacks against a nearly meaningless NFC game?

Read it perfectly fine - you said Mario's "play" reminded you of Bruce Smith -You need to watch games sober.....

And now our 4 games against the NFC - ie a quarter of the season- is near meaningless. Impressive job digging a deep hole deeper.

Edited by NoSaint