A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) I like Kiko more and more every time I see him play. This kid is a true football player.

2) Colin Brown was a disaster today, from what little I could see. I am wondering if those who were just so happy to let Levitre walk because he got a big contract are willing at all to re-think your stances. Just asking.

3) Lawson can play, ya know? He isn't a star, but the guy is involved in the game on every play. Players like Lawson can win you football games.

4) Spiller truly sucked today. 10 carries for 9 yards and 2 fumbles. If anyone who has called him one of the most dynamic players in football and a great draft selection by the Buffalo Bills wants to chime in, please do so. This deserves discussion, so go for it if you will.

5) Last week, I complained about the camera work. This week it was worse. They didn't show the QUARTERBACK on many plays. Maybe this is a method to force fanatics to purchase more from their providers. I really don't know, but it's a disgrace.

6) Going where the wind don't blow so strange.

Maybe on some high cold mountain range.

Lost one round but the price wasn't anything,

Knife in a back, and more of the same.....

Same old rat in a drain ditch

Out on a limb,

You know better but I know him.

7) Manuel truly did display growing pains today. I am not at all down on him, but he played a lousy game. And btw, I think that his knee is still limiting what he can do, especially in terms of running the football.

8) Stevie Johnson looked as if he played through injuries today, and came away with decent numbers. But his stupid, narcissistic penalties are leaving me with very little tolerance. VERY little. Seriously.

9) Fred Jackson is a football player. Make no mistake, his skills are rapidly diminishing, but he plays football in every phase and I am glad to have him on this football team.

10) Let me put this in question form.....was it any different when Dareus left the field? The answer is obvious and sad imo.

11) Moats played a nice game today, and seems to (hopefully) be developing into a good linebacker.

12) The Jets were penalized 20 times. 20 TIMES, and we lost the football game. Should we at least glance at the head coach in terms of how something like this can happen?

13) Woods should get more chances and Graham should get far fewer. Graham is simply a lousy player. Woods can play.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At one point during the game I told my son today we have arguably the worst defensive player ( Rogers) and offensive skill position player ( Graham) in the league on the field

Our starting LB corp is much improved. Moats has surprisingly developed, Kiko and Lawson are both ballers.

Stevie's penalty was dumb, but the rest of the game he was on his best manners despite being provoked and he made up for it with some great catches. His penalty didn't end up costing us anything. I'm not mad at Stevie at all.

I agree that Woods is the obvious WR2. I really want to see Easley and Hogan in there now. Graham can draw a PI, but that's about it.

I have no idea how you could not have posted that Justin Rogers almost singlehandedly lost this game on defense for us. Without him getting beaten down the field for multiple bombs and 2 TD's, a long PI call against, and multiple completions for first downs on 3rd and forever, the Jets likely have 10 points max.

Rogers probably gave up 200 yards of offense and 14 points minimum by himself today, probably more because the Jets converted on 3rd and long againt him twice on the first drive, if either one of those was incomplete, it was a punt or a FG...

Sickening one player can have that much of a deciding factor when the rest of the D came to play...

I dunno what Pettine can do with a 6th CB covering the other teams #1 WR tho...I dunno what most DC's could do with that, probably not much better, I guess...

Edited by matter2003

The hyper offense sucks. EJ and the offense desperately needed to settle down.

Awful awful game.

This too. The quick offense seems to be a DISASTER outside of the two minute drill. EJ already is having trouble with his rhythm and footwork, and forcing him to sprint to the line and snap the ball, without surveying the defense or getting set, seems both stubborn and colossally dumb.

Stevie's penalty was dumb, but the rest of the game he was on his best manners despite being provoked and he made up for it with some great catches. His penalty didn't end up costing us anything. I'm not mad at Stevie at all.

Just because Wilson outdouched Stevie doesn't excuse his idiocy. That was a selfish moronic play.

The sooner we get TJ Graham off the field the better. I saw him split out wide, he not physical or big enough to make catches in tight coverage, Doesnt have the hands or toughness for the slot receiver. I said it last week, move SJ to the slot inside guy and start any of the other receivers with Wood in the 3 wideout. I hear this crap "but he was open on such and such play and got overthrown.....fine bring him in to run 3-4 go routes a game but he has no business being on the field for a majority of the snaps as a receiver in the NFL.

Edited by billsfan714

This too. The quick offense seems to be a DISASTER outside of the two minute drill. EJ already is having trouble with his rhythm and footwork, and forcing him to sprint to the line and snap the ball, without surveying the defense or getting set, seems both stubborn and colossally dumb.

Not to mention, a kid with footwork issues needs a drop. I have hated this offense since day 1. It's the new drug but it sucks. Tom Brady can run it. Not EJ. And I like EJ.

1) I like Kiko more and more every time I see him play. This kid is a true football player.

What did you see in particular? I was busy watching the interior DL, Carrington and the S's.

2) Colin Brown was a disaster today, from what little I could see. I am wondering if those who were just so happy to let Levitre walk because he got a big contract are willing at all to re-think your stances. Just asking.

Levitre resigning here might have meant it was a lot harder to resign Wood... but gosh... I am too shaken today to answer this honestly right now.

3) Lawson can play, ya know? He isn't a star, but the guy is involved in the game on every play. Players like Lawson can win you football games.

If we have Bradham just step up his play a little bit I would be thrilled and believe we'd have a top set of LB's.

4) Spiller truly sucked today. 10 carries for 9 yards and 2 fumbles. If anyone who has called him one of the most dynamic players in football and a great draft selection by the Buffalo Bills wants to chime in, please do so. This deserves discussion, so go for it if you will.

Spiller needs Chan Gailey.

5) Last week, I complained about the camera work. This week it was worse. They didn't show the QUARTERBACK on many plays. Maybe this is a method to force fanatics to purchase more from their providers. I really don't know, but it's a disgrace.

I didn't want to see Geno Smith today.

7) Manuel truly did display growing pains today. I am not at all down on him, but he played a lousy game. And btw, I think that his knee is still limiting what he can do, especially in terms of running the football.

But, as Gannon pointed out, he kept his poise. He kept his head in the game. He didn't make bad throws and force throws. He just had throws that didn't connect - to put it lightly.

8) Stevie Johnson looked as if he played through injuries today, and came away with decent numbers. But his stupid, narcissistic penalties are leaving me with very little tolerance. VERY little. Seriously.

I wondered a few minutes after that penalty if it wasn't what set up the next few penalties on the defense. If it did...was it worth it?

9) Fred Jackson is a football player. Make no mistake, his skills are rapidly diminishing, but he plays football in every phase and I am glad to have him on this football team.

Fred Jackson is one of the all time greatest RB's.

10) Let me put this in question form.....was it any different when Dareus left the field? The answer is obvious and sad imo.

Yes. I will rewatch the game and get back to you.

11) Moats played a nice game today, and seems to (hopefully) be developing into a good linebacker.

Why didn't we go to 3-4 when Dareus left?

12) The Jets were penalized 20 times. 20 TIMES, and we lost the football game. Should we at least glance at the head coach in terms of how something like this can happen?

The NFL hates us, and calls never go our way.

13) Woods should get more chances and Graham should get far fewer. Graham is simply a lousy player. Woods can play.

I cannot give up on Graham yet. Call me a fanboy... but I cannot. I am fine with others taking his playing time... but I am not giving up on him. Are you?

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did we not switch to the 3-4 after Dareus went out? We could have had created better blitzing packages and shown better more complicated fronts to Geno.

I have no idea how you could not have posted that Justin Rogers almost singlehandedly lost this game on defense for us. Without him getting beaten down the field for multiple bombs and 2 TD's, a long PI call against, and multiple completions for first downs on 3rd and forever, the Jets likely have 10 points max.

Rogers probably gave up 200 yards of offense and 14 points minimum by himself today, probably more because the Jets converted on 3rd and long againt him twice on the first drive, if either one of those was incomplete, it was a punt or a FG...

No doubt Coach, but we are missing our 3 top corners and a scumbag safety, so I was not surprised at all.

No doubt Coach, but we are missing our 3 top corners and a scumbag safety, so I was not surprised at all.

Yeah, I mean I don't know what most teams in the NFL could do with having to play a 6th string CB against another teams #1 WR all game, but then again I don't know many teams other than the Panthers that have this many injured secondary players...

Agree with almost all of that...EJ had a rough outing. Won't be his last; though the OL, Brown in particular, didn't do him any favors.

Justin Rodgers was atrocious again. We are in real trouble if Leo misses a lot of time with Gilmore already out.

I also thought that the offensive game plan was abysmal. No effort to let the QB get into a rhythm early in his first road game, uncreative running game, strangely timed play calls, etc.

Just one game, but that one was ugly

Our starting LB corp is much improved. Moats has surprisingly developed, Kiko and Lawson are both ballers.

I agree that Woods is the obvious WR2. I really want to see Easley and Hogan in there now. Graham can draw a PI, but that's about it.

I agree. Stevie did what half the players in the league do all the time... get up and jaw a bit. And it had no affect on the out come of the game, other than maybe piss #20 off and get under his skin causing him to get benched.

Of all the crap the Bills out on the field today... Stevie is no where in that list, IMO.

It may be the coaching staffs thoughts here are that yes it's hurting him now, but once he settles down, may take all year, having run the hurry up he'd be ahead in the long run. Though could argue let him run this year at a normal pace, in the off season instill the hurry up for next year once EJ has more experience.

1. EJ Struggled with the deep passes, but did not turn over the ball under heavy pressure. Besides two long passes, he out played Geno.

2. The secondary, what is left of it, let the defense down. Can we please have Byrd and Gilmore back now, PLEASE!

3.Old man Fred Jackson can still play, but can we have CJ back.

4. TJ Graham is a not good. Where is my man Easley. Let him have his shot.

5. Scott Chandler showed up today, use him more.

6. Stevie is a warrior. Love him.

This team sucks. Same old ****. Stupid QB play. ****ty smurf recievers. Horrid oline. Injuries all over because our players are creampuffs who dont want to play for this awful franchise. For every freddy there are six byrds.

Edited by AKA Bigdog

I wonder if they'd try and make some type of trade Byrd for a good quality guard. The Bill's don't have much leverage, so anyone who thinks the Bill's should be returned an all pro guard since Byrd is all-pro are mistaken. Once Oct 18th hit,s can't trade him Bill's only choice then is watch him walk or franchise him for 125% of top salary which don't think he's worth anywhere near that. He's not Ronny Lott!

Sickening one player can have that much of a deciding factor when the rest of the D came to play...

I dunno what Pettine can do with a 6th CB covering the other teams #1 WR tho...I dunno what most DC's could do with that, probably not much better, I guess...

+1

They kept him. Sad.

I do not know if he outplayed Geno... but Geno did not play a perfect game. Grading Geno I would give him a B- for today. There were several times he could have run the ball successfully, for one.

B- is fine. EJ was an F. It's just one game and his OL and Coordinator suck...and he's a rookie...but I can only judge the field. EJ was bad today.

B- is fine. EJ was an F. It's just one game and his OL and Coordinator suck...and he's a rookie...but I can only judge the field. EJ was bad today.

I'd not give him an F right now. I wouldn't give him a C either. I would give him an Incomplete.

Until the dust settles. Until we can wear the game film out. Until we hear from the coaches.

I am fine with the realization that EJ is a rookie.

I will comment in a bit but just saw this...

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 17m

Mario Williams limping badly on left leg. He was loaded onto back of golf cart earlier. Told he's getting treatment now.

Doesn't it seem we were physically manhandled and out worked all day long?? The Jets came to play today...our team may have played a little soft after that last minute drive last week. I don't know what it is but we got beaten up today in all phases of the game.

IMO, Marrone was right up there with Brown and Rogers in terms of his contributions today. He did nothing to help his rookie QB.

I have no idea how you could not have posted that Justin Rogers almost singlehandedly lost this game on defense for us.

How mad can you be at Rogers? He doesn't belong on the field, it's clear. But that's what happens when your 3 best guys in the secondary are sitting in the trainer's room.

Bill's right. The LG situation is the one we should be angry about. The organization choose not to resign Levitre and then completely blew off finding a LG who could play at any reasonable level.

Doesn't it seem we were physically manhandled and out worked all day long?? The Jets came to play today...our team may have played a little soft after that last minute drive last week. I don't know what it is but we got beaten up today in all phases of the game.

Since Ryan got there, the Bills get physcially manhandled and outworked all day long every time they play the Jets. Every time.

IMO, Marrone was right up there with Brown and Rogers in terms of his contributions today. He did nothing to help his rookie QB.

I honestly expected to see more fire from him on the sideline. He just had a "duh" look on his face every time the camera was on him....

Bill's right. The LG situation is the one we should be angry about. The organization choose not to resign Levitre and then completely blew off finding a LG who could play at any reasonable level.

How true is this?

Lol.

He outplayed Geno?

How many turnovers did he have? Did he not tie the game at 20-20, with 6 minutes left. He played quarterback, not cornerback. He played against a 1st string defense, not our secondary.

Come again?

How many turnovers did EJ have against a fierce pass rush and a 1st string secondary? Did he not tie the game with a 33 yard touchdown with 6 minutes left. He played Quarterback, not Cornerback.

Edited by bisonbrigade

2) No. For me, letting Levitre go was all about medium term cap management. The fact that the player who is replacing him has been woefully over-evaluated by the Bills doesn't change the cap logic used when letting him walk. This wouldn't be an issue if Brown had come out and played to a similar level to Urbik(which I suspect the Bills FO expected him to do).

4) Last season he was undoubtedly one of the most dynamic players in football. It seems odd that you would suggest otherwise.

To me, apart from Spiller still not seeing the cutback lanes......he seems to have lost his "pop". I usually don't know what I'm talking about so take this with a grain of salt but to me he looks like he is playing without spark or much motivation. He looks to be just going through the motions.

10) In fairness though, the entire DL didn't seem to me to perform well today. Possibly any of them could have left the field without much difference.

How many turnovers did he have? Did he not tie the game at 20-20, with 6 minutes left. He played quarterback, not cornerback. He played against a 1st string defense, not our secondary.

How many turnovers did EJ have against a fierce pass rush and a 1st string secondary? Did he not tie the game with a 33 yard touchdown with 6 minutes left. He played Quarterback, not Cornerback.

Yes he played QB not CB.......but today he played pretty bad QB.

Acknowledging the fact that he played like a rookie who was being bamboozled by a good and tricky D doesn't mean that we don't still love him.

I agree. Stevie did what half the players in the league do all the time... get up and jaw a bit. And it had no affect on the out come of the game, other than maybe piss #20 off and get under his skin causing him to get benched.

Of all the crap the Bills out on the field today... Stevie is no where in that list, IMO.

I am ok with the way he goaded the defenders, but on the penalty against him he bumped helmets.

I also strongly agree that he was WAY down the crap list for the team today.

So much crap today, so little time.

Hackett is WAY under-qualified for this job and needs to step it up. Play calling is atrocious and predictable.

When it comes down to it, despite missing Byrd, Gilmore, Brooks, McKelvin, Spiller, Dareus, Hopkins, Goodwin, and more, this game was tied with 8 minutes to go.