A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

And that's what make it particularly infuriating. It would be one thing if they still had a stop-gap QB like Fitzpatrick, but here they are supposed to be developing their long term solution at QB and they blow off finding a replacement at LG. Who does that?? Certainly not the Jets and witness the results yesterday.

Hate to say it folks, but Geno Smith's development is going to far outpace EJ's this season.

"I like making blanket statements about a 16-week season three weeks in" -- said no one, ever.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair argument, but there is an other solution, which is to find an adequate stopgap in free agency. Ironically the Bills had one in Reinhardt and let him walk. Under no circumstances is it a reasonable solution to go into the season with no LG on the roster. Someone ought to be held accountable for that decision other than EJ, who is the one dealing with its consequences.

Agreed. The decision to let Reinhardt walk is inexplicable.

Fair argument, but there is an other solution, which is to find an adequate stopgap in free agency. Ironically the Bills had one in Reinhardt and let him walk. Under no circumstances is it a reasonable solution to go into the season with no LG on the roster. Someone ought to be held accountable for that decision other than EJ, who is the one dealing with its consequences.

This is spot on. I agree that you can find adequate guards for less than Levitre wanted. What is stunning is that the Bills let go a probowler and made no effort--none--to replace him. And on top of that, let his replacement walk. So the Bills went from pro-bowler to guy who was decent to Colin Brown.

"I like making blanket statements about a 16-week season three weeks in" -- said no one, ever.

Feel free to keep your head planted in the sand if that's what makes you comfortable, but the difference in how the teams are trying to develop their rookie QBs was very clear yesterday. And it didn't favor EJ and the Bills.

The Jets defense looked freakin' awesome, especially their run D. I would trade ours to look like that in a heartbeat.

You know what's funny? I went into watching this game thinking Carpenter would be the biggest player to worry about. Man oh man, we've got MANY things to worry about besides Carpenter that's for sure.

The way I saw it, this was the first time EJ got tested with successful blitzing and I give all the credit to Rex Ryan for seeing that weakness and attacking EJ non stop. EJ's happy feet got me concerned.

The running plays for us DO need to change. Running a draw from the Shotgun all the time gotta go I'm sorry.

Well, now we face the Ravens D who is yet to give up an offensive TD since week 1. We're F'd... I looked at the Kansas City game as one I would want to go to since it's a winnable game but, doesn't look winnable anymore.

Even if we get Gilmore, Jairus and McKelvin back, this defense will not succeed until we stop the run like the Jets did (minus the play they gave up to Fred).

Even 20 penalties couldn't save us. EJ's fumble that the refs couldn't see and rex couldn't challenge couldn't even save us... Ugh!

May this team come together somehow against the Ravens. I'm not a believer in luck. I believe everything happens the way it should, so on that note, the only way to beat the Ravens is to outplay them. Hopefully our defense shows up and it sounds like Rice will be healthy to play. We gotta focus on stopping the run, covering our 1 on 1 matchups better, drawing up better run plays, and calming EJ down.

My thoughts:

1.) We've seen what QBs who can't take the top off of a defense does to the offense. Fitzpatrick had those issues, Edwards had those issues; EJ is starting to worry me here, with his inaccurate throws on long balls. We need him to complete some to keep them honest.

I agree, slow the damn game down for this kid. The no huddle is too fast for him, no continuity, IMO.

2.) PFF said Colin Brown was the worst starter in all of the NFL so far this year. I think he lived up to that this game. I'm not against letting Levitre leave for that amount of money, but the Bills absolutely shouldn't have done it without a backup plan. And they sure as hell didn't have a backup plan.

Levitre leaving is fine, but we NEED a LG like yesterday.

3.) This secondary being depleted really hurts. Jets WRs basically had their way with our secondary. The Jets WRs. The terrible Jets WRs. The Jets WRs who hadn't had a touchdown in like 250+ passes (or whatever the stat CBS showed).

It was sad to watch, but the blame is on Pettine, IMO. Zone and help for Rogers would have been a nice if not entirely no brainier adjustment.

4.) Hackett's offensive scheme is terrible. It feels like the Steve Fairchild run, run, pass, punt offense all over again. They also don't show a lot of creativity; Chan was excellent getting Spiller and SJ13 the ball in some space. Where are the quick slants to Spiller and Stevie? Where are the screen passes? Where are the swing passes?

Wholeheartedly agree, I said after week one. Hacket is calling the game as a kid in a mans league at this point in his career. One he needs to be one the field, two, he needs to slow the damn game down so EJ can make adjustments, three, he needs to get CJ and Freddie in space, Chan was great at this, IMO, and four, he needs to freaking adjust when we can’t pick up the blitz. Screens and running away from the strong-side blitzers is kinda obvious.

5.) Is there anyone in the NFL that had a worse day than Justin Rogers? Kinda feel bad for the guy being thrown in that spot, but my lord.

Poor kid, yes, but this was on Pettine not adjusting.

6.) Is this a strength and condition problem? Why do the Bills get bit by the injury bug year after year?

We’re about as kinjured as the rest of the NFL albeit beside the Panthers our secondary is really hurting.

7.) I'm so far unimpressed by our WR group. THere were lots of times today all the WRs were covered, and CBS even pointed it out. Graham seems awful, Woods doesn't seem to get open. I know SJ13 doesn't create a lot of space, but the person who seemed to create the most was Chandler - a guy who, while I lik ehim, doesn't seem like he would be a burner or run great routes. Hoping Goodwin can change this when he gets back.

I’m not a TJ homer, but in all honesty, Graham has been open, but the ball comes out too late, and not on target for most of opportunities. This is NOT all TJ’s fault.

8.) Bilal Powell ran for 150+ yards, and by far the worst problems on our defense weren't the run game. Ouch.

Not the worst, but when combined it means the Ravens are going to kick our asses, and it ain’t going to be pretty.

Tim-

I agree, slow the damn game down for this kid. The no huddle is too fast for him, no continuity, IMO.

Levitre leaving is fine, but we NEED a LG like yesterday.

It was sad to watch, but the blame is on Pettine, IMO. Zone and help for Rogers would have been a nice if not entirely no brainier adjustment.

Wholeheartedly agree, I said after week one. Hacket is calling the game as a kid in a mans league at this point in his career. One he needs to be one the field, two, he needs to slow the damn game down so EJ can make adjustments, three, he needs to get CJ and Freddie in space, Chan was great at this, IMO, and four, he needs to freaking adjust when we can’t pick up the blitz. Screens and running away from the strong-side blitzers is kinda obvious.

Poor kid, yes, but this was on Pettine not adjusting.

We’re about as kinjured as the rest of the NFL albeit beside the Panthers our secondary is really hurting.

I’m not a TJ homer, but in all honesty, Graham has been open, but the ball comes out too late, and not on target for most of opportunities. This is NOT all TJ’s fault.

Not the worst, but when combined it means the Ravens are going to kick our asses, and it ain’t going to be pretty.

Tim-

Always a possibility, but the Ravens offense has not been very good this year. They looked good against a Houston defense that, outside, of JJ Watt, also has been less than impressive. Not sure if Ray Rice will be back. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Our starting LB corp is much improved. Moats has surprisingly developed, Kiko and Lawson are both ballers.

Stevie's penalty was dumb, but the rest of the game he was on his best manners despite being provoked and he made up for it with some great catches. His penalty didn't end up costing us anything. I'm not mad at Stevie at all.

I agree that Woods is the obvious WR2. I really want to see Easley and Hogan in there now. Graham can draw a PI, but that's about it.

Agree. Put Easley in the game for crying out loud. Or Hogan.

Always a possibility, but the Ravens offense has not been very good this year. They looked good against a Houston defense that, outside, of JJ Watt, also has been less than impressive. Not sure if Ray Rice will be back.

Look, you need a really smart and really accurate QB to run the no huddle in this league, and even the best of them have trouble at times. It sounded great pre season and exciting, but EJ manuel, and Hacket cannot run the no huddle anymore if they want EJ to grow. You grow into the no huddle not from the no huddle, IMO. Harbaugh's defensive schemes are light Jets schemes but unfortunately for us, even light beats the crap out of our depleted secondary. No way the Bills win this game, IMO.

that was the most abysmall overall game i've seen in a long time. and as a bills fan, that's saying a lot. neither of therse teams are going anywhere fast. the game lasted almost 3 and 1/2 hours on my dvr. having to watch the commercials and not being able to fast forward through the really ugly scenes would have been akin to waterboarding. the nfl needs to step in a require some objective measure of quality from teams in order to let them play. the standard would have to be ridiculously low for the bills to have made the cut. yesterdays entertainemt product was pure fail.

Let's be brutally frank here and describe where the Bills were before the season even started. The Bills were little better than an expansion team starting a rookie qb. This organization is starting over after the butchering done by Levy/Brandon/Nix regimes. There is no quick fix for an organization that prides itself in winning the battle of the contracts over the battles fought on the field. If you expected a dramatic turn around from an organization that is $20 M under the cap then you are not being realistic. Not only are the Bills grossly under the cap but they are rolling some of their cap money into next year. You may be asking what is my point? My point is that the Bills are working under the same business model that they have worked under for the past generation. That type of confining structure can be overcome with a lot of organizational savvy and exceptional talent evaluations. Right now our organization isn't at that lofty level. And to make the challenge even more imposing we are catching up on a lot of lost ground caused by the prior decisnon-makers.

The Bills are on a three year rebuilding project. It is going to be done primarily with draft picks. Pointing out our team's weaknesses is not much of a challenge. DBs, DL and OL etc. Some of the players starting for us not only shouldn't be starters but they shouldn't be in this league. In other words there is a dearth of talent on the roster.

The primary issue this season is determining whether EJ is a legitimate franchise qb. Everything else is secondary. EJ is a much rawer qb than Luck/RGIII/Wilson. Yesterday he was dreadful. How many balls did he throw out of bounds without giving his receivers a chance to catch it? But that happens when you have a rookie qb on a bad team with an OL that can be overwhelmed. EJ is going to have uneven performances. That's simply part of the developmental process that can't be avoided. Another thing to watch this year is how our rookie crop does. The won/lost record shouldn't be the central focus for the loyal fans because at this point we are not a serious team. So it really doesn't matter. It is mostly about player development.

Bill, you have this view that number one picks shouldn't be used on CBs in the draft. Yesterday was a clear demonstration why it is a high priority position. How many big plays did the Jets have on Rogers's side? You may be enamored with Searcy but I'm not. He can't cover. He may be good in the box but because he can't cover he is a liability for us.

Marcel Dareus is a solid takcle. But when Branch plays his spot there isn't much of a difference in play. Dareus was a very high selection who was taken over players such as AJ Green and Peterson. The value of that high pick has been squandered, as has most of Nix's picks have been wasted.

You and others enjoy blasting Spiller. What was most outrageous about Spiller's play was not his performance but the way he was utilized. Continuously running him up the gut was an absurdity. If the OC is going to poorly use his talents then why not go all the way and be the dumbest you can be by making him a blocking back? Where is the common sense? It's crazy!

The point of my post is that the road is going to be long and painful. Anyone who expected otherwise is being unrealistic. This year is going to be the same as the past dozen years where when we get to the halfway point we will be talking about the draft more than the games. That is the price one pays for accumulated ineptitude.

Ya know what sucks most about a post like this and your attitude??

Just a few short years ago, I would have completely dismissed these thoughts as being overly cynical and pessimistic. Sadly, today, I can find almost no way to disagree with you. This franchise seems completely lost.

My biggest concern this entire off season continues upon considering this game... it's the coaching staff. Not only do we have rookies on the field, but we have rookie coaches in the NFL that seem clueless. We can all rant back and forth about this player or that, but this loss falls squarely on the coaches.

The Jets blitzed Manuel like crazy, and did little to even disguise it at times. What was our adjustment? None. That's what we did. Nothing. Just called the same predictable plays into the same predictable defense. After Kiko's intereception, I told my sister.. here we go - run, run, blitz the pass, field goal. That's how predictable we were. Seeing the Jets line up, knowing the blitz was on and we made zero adjustments.

Even, on defense, Pettine just said last week... the key to good coverage is make sure they don't have to cover for long (i.e. pass rush). So, what did he do all day to adjust to the Jets? nothing. He let Gino stand tall and throw the ball all over the place hanging the injured secondary out to dry. It was unbelievable how little pressure we got on Gino.

This coaching staff has to realize this isn't college. Game plans that work in week 1, don't work in week 2. And if a play doesn't work the first time you run it, or the 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th... stop calling that play! Bottomline, despite the injuries and rookie player concerns, my biggest concern after yesterday is that we were severly out-coached.

I'm a Bills fan for sure. But as a football fan in general, that performance set the game back. Penalties, sloppy play, questionable coaching (2 very bad challenges by Rex), and simply awful announcers (they had no clue what was going on most of the time. Fumble by EJ, saying passes were dropped when they weren't, etc). Frankly, if it wasn't the Bills playing, I probably would have shut the game off, it was that bad.

This is spot on. I agree that you can find adequate guards for less than Levitre wanted. What is stunning is that the Bills let go a probowler and made no effort--none--to replace him. And on top of that, let his replacement walk. So the Bills went from pro-bowler to guy who was decent to Colin Brown.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Levitre has never made the probowl.

I'm a Bills fan for sure. But as a football fan in general, that performance set the game back. Penalties, sloppy play, questionable coaching (2 very bad challenges by Rex), and simply awful announcers (they had no clue what was going on most of the time. Fumble by EJ, saying passes were dropped when they weren't, etc). Frankly, if it wasn't the Bills playing, I probably would have shut the game off, it was that bad.

the announcing was the worst i remember. couldn't even get the down right at times. completely missed the fumble as you said and even as the scramble went on for the ball they didn't recognize it. at the beginning of the game they kept showing a camera shot of a pretty basic scoreboard with loads of empty seats (obviously the cameramen and control booth folks wern't the cream ogf the crop either) but to me, laughing at production goofs was the most amusing part of watching the game.

My question is why a bunch of fans on a stupid fan website can see that you need to GET SPILLER IN SPACE and the freaking OC whose dad was a coach can't seem to grasp this concept???????

OMFG, it's so frustrating. I don't know crap, and I was screaming for a RB screen or something when the Jets were blitzing with everyone. Have we run even one screen this year at all? Did Hackett not watch ANY tape on Spiller from last year, and see what he can and can't do?

So freaking frustrating. And 80% of the time, this offensive play calling sucks. Even the run where Freddy almost got a TD was a terrible call. Whole Oline got manhandled, and if it weren't for Freddy being awesome, it would have been a loss of yards.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Ya know what sucks most about a post like this and your attitude??

Just a few short years ago, I would have completely dismissed these thoughts as being overly cynical and pessimistic. Sadly, today, I can find almost no way to disagree with you. This franchise seems completely lost.

My biggest concern this entire off season continues upon considering this game... it's the coaching staff. Not only do we have rookies on the field, but we have rookie coaches in the NFL that seem clueless. We can all rant back and forth about this player or that, but this loss falls squarely on the coaches.

I don't want to be cynical or come off being pessimistic. What I am not going to be is an organizational apologist that refuses to acknowledge where this franchise stands relative to the rest of the league. We are at the starting gate while most of the rest of the league are much further down the lane. So be it. I'm not as discouraged as you might think I am. I do strongly believe that Brandon taking over for the owner was a watershed moment for this backwater organization. The selection of Marrone as the HC and the elevation of Whaley were not stunning selectiions that wowed anyone. What they signified is that this franchise is finally entering the world of NORMAL as opposed to the prior Wilson world of being PECULIAR.

For this franchise there is no quick fix. There simply is too much ground to make up. The Levy/Brandon(GM)/Nix terms represent six years of wasted effort. That is a crying shame. A good organization should be able to have two rebuilds during that same period of time.

As I stated in the prior post anyone who truly believes that this team is going to make a serious run is deluding themself. They are not. If we come out of this season knowing that EJ is a capable qb, then this season is a success. In addition, if this crop of rookies show that they will be contributing players then that is another postive step to the road of respectability.

What I find discouraging is that this organization lacks foresight. They too often have no plan B when it is apparent that plan B is going to be called on. The Levitre saga illustrates this organizational weakness. They knew that Levitre was going to hit the market and they knew that they weren't going to pay him at the level he was seeking. They could have addressed this issue in the draft or free agency. There was simply no excuse for this team with so much cap room not to go out and find a reliable short term solution. If they thought that Colin Brown was the solution then they badly miscalculated. They repeated the same stupid cycle of cutting expensive players (Dockery, Langston Walker and Hangartner) without having a credible alternative.

The Jets blitzed Manuel like crazy, and did little to even disguise it at times. What was our adjustment? None. That's what we did. Nothing. Just called the same predictable plays into the same predictable defense. After Kiko's intereception, I told my sister.. here we go - run, run, blitz the pass, field goal. That's how predictable we were. Seeing the Jets line up, knowing the blitz was on and we made zero adjustments.

Even, on defense, Pettine just said last week... the key to good coverage is make sure they don't have to cover for long (i.e. pass rush). So, what did he do all day to adjust to the Jets? nothing. He let Gino stand tall and throw the ball all over the place hanging the injured secondary out to dry. It was unbelievable how little pressure we got on Gino.

This coaching staff has to realize this isn't college. Game plans that work in week 1, don't work in week 2. And if a play doesn't work the first time you run it, or the 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th... stop calling that play! Bottomline, despite the injuries and rookie player concerns, my biggest concern after yesterday is that we were severly out-coached.

I agree with you that we were out coached in this game. What I find very troubling is the resorting to gimmicks to compensate for weaknesses attributed to a lack of talent. The quick paced offense's major liability has more to do with the affect on its own defense than it does with its own offense. Our defense has major vulnerabilities when it is rested. When it is worn down by being on the field for too long those vulnerabilities become even more apparent. Sometimes when you try to outsmart the opposition you end up outsmarting yourself.

Edited by JohnC

the announcing was the worst i remember. couldn't even get the down right at times. completely missed the fumble as you said and even as the scramble went on for the ball they didn't recognize it. at the beginning of the game they kept showing a camera shot of a pretty basic scoreboard with loads of empty seats (obviously the cameramen and control booth folks wern't the cream ogf the crop either) but to me, laughing at production goofs was the most amusing part of watching the game.

Will Ferrell doing his old Harry Caray impression is more coherent than Marv Albert broadcasting a football game.

Feel free to keep your head planted in the sand if that's what makes you comfortable, but the difference in how the teams are trying to develop their rookie QBs was very clear yesterday. And it didn't favor EJ and the Bills.

Whose head is in the sand? I keep a very open mind, and have you read a single playoff prognostication or "the Bills will win 10 games" post out of me? People who overreact each week to the small sample they've seen (i.e., one game out of 16) are hilarious. During the first two weeks of the season the Jets were developing Geno better than the Bills were developing EJ? Ha!

There are plenty of ostriches around on this board, but their names aren't eball.

Edited by eball

Thanks to Bill in NYC for my favorite post of every week, and all the conversation it creates. Like so many other posters, I have concerns about our rookie HC, OC, and QB. Unfortunately, my biggest concern is with our rookie QB. His accuracy on throws of mid and long distance are a problem.

In games I watched him play in college, I saw him struggle with accuracy on these throws. So much so that I was in a bit of disbelief when he was the first QB taken on draft day.

During a Sunday session of training camp at St John Fisher I saw him struggle with these throws. Repeatedly throwing the fade route several feet out of bounds.

During the win against Carolina I saw him struggle with some of those throws, but we won the game on a great final drive and I thought better of posting any concerns about EJ after that game.

Yesterday, I saw the same throws I saw in college, during training camp, and in the two prior games this year. Admittedly, our offensive line struggled, our OC game plan is flawed, and the Jets have excellent defensive coaching. BUT, our rookie QB was making the same bad throws on the same kinds of passes that I have seen him make in every other situation that I have watched him attempt those throws.

I am rooting for him to succeed, but there has been nothing that he has done so far that alleviates my skepticism of his ultimate ability to be a top 12 QB in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong!

Will Ferrell doing his old Harry Caray impression is more coherent than Marv Albert broadcasting a football game.

+1! Hahahaha

once we get good (whenever that may be), then we'll get the "A" announcing team. for now, we get saddled with the "C" team

What I find discouraging is that this organization lacks foresight. They too often have no plan B when it is apparent that plan B is going to be called on. The Levitre saga illustrates this organizational weakness. They knew that Levitre was going to hit the market and they knew that they weren't going to pay him at the level he was seeking. They could have addressed this issue in the draft or free agency. There was simply no excuse for this team with so much cap room not to go out and find a reliable short term solution. If they thought that Colin Brown was the solution then they badly miscalculated. They repeated the same stupid cycle of cutting expensive players (Dockery, Langston Walker and Hangartner) without having a credible alternative.

This.

Doesn't matter who the GM has been, the Bills in this 13 year run of ineptitude have not developed depth, particularly on the OL. Part of this is not drafting well. This inevitably leaves them with rookies and street free agents as primary depth, which is what's happened (again) this year.

Most worrisome is they've decided to go with 2 rookies at QB. I get why Manuel is starting, but it's extremely questionable why an undrafted rookie free agent is backing him up. When Kolb was injured and Matt Leinart stunk up the place, they never attempted to get someone with any semblance of experience in case their 1st round QB was injured. That's organizational ineptitude and it's been present across multiple regimes. Why?

This is spot on. I agree that you can find adequate guards for less than Levitre wanted.

So do I JA, but why do it?

The Bills are overflowing with cap space, and Levitre, despite what his naysayers claim, was an exceptional player for us, and certainly the most durable. People harp on the fact that he never made the pro bowl. So what? Whitner did. Which one do you think did more for the Bills?

Not only that, our qb is a rookie and our biggest weapon is a small running back. Levitre is even more fit for this idiotic hurry-up scheme than a 330 pound blocker. Why not keep such a solid player?

I don't want to be cynical or come off being pessimistic. What I am not going to be is an organizational apologist that refuses to acknowledge where this franchise stands relative to the rest of the league. We are at the starting gate while most of the rest of the league are much further down the lane. So be it. I'm not as discouraged as you might think I am. I do strongly believe that Brandon taking over for the owner was a watershed moment for this backwater organization. The selection of Marrone as the HC and the elevation of Whaley were not stunning selectiions that wowed anyone. What they signified is that this franchise is finally entering the world of NORMAL as opposed to the prior Wilson world of being PECULIAR.

For this franchise there is no quick fix. There simply is too much ground to make up. The Levy/Brandon(GM)/Nix terms represent six years of wasted effort. That is a crying shame. A good organization should be able to have two rebuilds during that same period of time.

As I stated in the prior post anyone who truly believes that this team is going to make a serious run is deluding themself. They are not. If we come out of this season knowing that EJ is a capable qb, then this season is a success. In addition, if this crop of rookies show that they will be contributing players then that is another postive step to the road of respectability.

I agree with you that we were out coached in this game. What I find very troubling is the resorting to gimmicks to compensate for weaknesses attributed to a lack of talent. The quick paced offense's major liability has more to do with the affect on its own defense than it does with its own offense. Our defense has major vulnerabilities when it is rested. When it is worn down by being on the field for too long those vulnerabilities become even more apparent. Sometimes when you try to outsmart the opposition you end up outsmarting yourself.

I can't disagree with anything you've said. I wish I could. I wish I could say.. yeah it all makes sense. But, I fail to have that resolve anymore. Seeing this organization continue to make the same mistakes over and over that part time fans can see, just has taken its toll on me I guess.

Thanks to Bill in NYC for my favorite post of every week, and all the conversation it creates. Like so many other posters, I have concerns about our rookie HC, OC, and QB. Unfortunately, my biggest concern is with our rookie QB. His accuracy on throws of mid and long distance are a problem.

In games I watched him play in college, I saw him struggle with accuracy on these throws. So much so that I was in a bit of disbelief when he was the first QB taken on draft day.

During a Sunday session of training camp at St John Fisher I saw him struggle with these throws. Repeatedly throwing the fade route several feet out of bounds.

During the win against Carolina I saw him struggle with some of those throws, but we won the game on a great final drive and I thought better of posting any concerns about EJ after that game.

Yesterday, I saw the same throws I saw in college, during training camp, and in the two prior games this year. Admittedly, our offensive line struggled, our OC game plan is flawed, and the Jets have excellent defensive coaching. BUT, our rookie QB was making the same bad throws on the same kinds of passes that I have seen him make in every other situation that I have watched him attempt those throws.

I am rooting for him to succeed, but there has been nothing that he has done so far that alleviates my skepticism of his ultimate ability to be a top 12 QB in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong!

Good post.

I can't disagree with anything you've said. I wish I could. I wish I could say.. yeah it all makes sense. But, I fail to have that resolve anymore. Seeing this organization continue to make the same mistakes over and over that part time fans can see, just has taken its toll on me I guess.

Illegitime non carborundum!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegitimi_non_carborundum

Buck it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself! You may be too caught up in your frustration with this formerly hollowed out organization. Instead of looking backwards at the foolishness of this very cartoonishly inept organization look forward and witness things moving in the right direction. Your vision may be too clouded with historical gloom; but if you step back you will realize that there is a glimmer of hope. For a change the trajectory is pointing up.

No one can accuse me of being an apologist for this bedraggled franchise. This draft had a different feel to it. Not only did this franchise draft a qb in the first round but they traded down and ended up with an extra second round pick that was used for Kiko. When was the last time that this nifty maneuver happened with this stolid organization?

At this point focus on the journey and not the end of the destination. That in itself can be very interesting. Allowing this team to make you go crazy is an act of self-flagellation. Be cool and have a brew. It is a state of mind. :thumbsup: LOL

http://en.wikipedia....non_carborundum

Buck it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself! You may be too caught up in your frustration with this formerly hollowed out organization. Instead of looking backwards at the foolishness of this very cartoonishly inept organization look forward and witness things moving in the right direction. Your vision may be too clouded with historical gloom; but if you step back you will realize that there is a glimmer of hope. For a change the trajectory is pointing up.

No one can accuse me of being an apologist for this bedraggled franchise. This draft had a different feel to it. Not only did this franchise draft a qb in the first round but they traded down and ended up with an extra second round pick that was used for Kiko. When was the last time that this nifty maneuver happened with this stolid organization?

At this point focus on the journey and not the end of the destination. That in itself can be very interesting. Allowing this team to make you go crazy is an act of self-flagellation. Be cool and have a brew. It is a state of mind. :thumbsup: LOL

What do you think we've been doing....well...this entire century.

http://en.wikipedia....non_carborundum

yer one a dem fast talkers with yer big words, aintcha? well mister... good post

As do I, as do I

Looking at the the release of OG Chad Rinehart this off season, while knowing they weren't going to keep OG Andy Levitre reminds me of 2011 season and letting Geoff Hangartner go, and then center Eric Wood going on IR in week 9. The result of that single cut was devastating as the Bills had no worthy backup center after starting that year 5-2.

The bean counters run this team, and until that changes nobody should expect different results.

I just want to see evidence of an ability for the coaching staff to adapt to real world conditions. So the hurry up worked for Marrone at Syracuse. Great, but this ain't college. It's natural for him to want to hang on to his belief that the players will grow into it, but how long will he persist with it before he comes to his senses? As others have posted, the hurry up is tough on the QB (even seasoned ones) but also makes it extremely hard on your defense as they get much less rest than normal. Perhaps it contributes to defensive injuries too? Slow it down Marrone!

Some complain about the hyper offense being the problem. I don't think so. This offense would suck at slow speed. The problem is play calling, execution and clock management. Maybe not clock management, as that is a concept that the coaching staff is completely clueless about.

TJ Graham instead of Russell (f-king) Wilson.

that is all.

I lied...that is not all....

Byrd: Go F-ck yourself you greedy c-nt.

Yeah you really told us how you really feel. Alot of hate for Byrd but I totally agree, maybe not too this extent, but I agree nonetheless..

I just want to see evidence of an ability for the coaching staff to adapt to real world conditions. So the hurry up worked for Marrone at Syracuse. Great, but this ain't college.

I think it interesting that with all the fascination with the new hurry up craze, it's only bad teams doing it. The Eagles, Bills, Jaguars. Seahawks don't do it. The Colts don't. Ravens don't. Patsies kindof did it last year, but they also won without it. Maybe it will work, but it's far from proven. But, it did work for Marv!

I see the Kansas City Chiefs go from 2-14 to playoff bound in one year.

And the 49ers turning it around in one year and the Fish worst to first in 2005. Schottenhimer repeatedly turned teams around in one year. A coach rebuilding is rebuilding for the next coach that comes in. I wonder who Marrone is rebuilding for?

I think it interesting that with all the fascination with the new hurry up craze, it's only bad teams doing it. The Eagles, Bills, Jaguars. Seahawks don't do it. The Colts don't. Ravens don't. Patsies kindof did it last year, but they also won without it. Maybe it will work, but it's far from proven. But, it did work for Marv!

You could not be more wrong. The Pats* absolutely do run it, as do the Ravens. Denver runs it. The key is having players who are in sync and executing.

As I see it, the Bills' problem is not pace, it's execution. What we're watching is the result of EJ not having a full training camp and preseason due to his injury -- and, the fact he's a rookie. The players are still developing chemistry. The wisdom of running such an offense with a rookie can certainly be questioned, as can the play calling to date. But I don't believe it's fair to say running an offense at hurry-up pace is, by itself, a mistake.