Made me so angry yesterday

gmanbfan

In my lower bowl season tickets, and a nice gentlman sitting there with his buddy, bothering no one, wearing a panthers jersey, just enjoying the game.

5 losers in their early twenties, blitzed out of their mind, just harrassing him relentlessly, sitting just behind him. CLASSLESS. If we have oppossing fans being obnoxious, then they get what they deserve. But seeing this was infuriating.

They all ended up being kicked out of the stadium for getting in a fight WITH OTHER BILLS FANS!!!

I go to a Bills away game every year, and have never been treated like that in an oppossing stadium.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my lower bowl season tickets, and a nice gentlman sitting there with his buddy, bothering no one, wearing a panthers jersey, just enjoying the game.

5 losers in their early twenties, blitzed out of their mind, just harrassing him relentlessly, sitting just behind him. CLASSLESS. If we have oppossing fans being obnoxious, then they get what they deserve. But seeing this was infuriating.

They all ended up being kicked out of the stadium for getting in a fight WITH OTHER BILLS FANS!!!

I go to a Bills away game every year, and have never been treated like that in an oppossing stadium.

Well, regrettably, that is what happens in the Ralph. When I go, I go alone, because I am embarrassed to bring anyone. I love what some cities are doing, planting undercover cops in opposing team jerseys in stadiums. I would love to watch the 5 guys in your example get arrested by the same guy they are taunting. That I would pay to see.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Undercover police officers wearing opposing teams’ jerseys will be attending Seahawks games to weed out unruly and “violent” fans, the team and Seattle police said.

Beginning at Sunday’s game against the San Francisco 49ers, Seattle police officers will be placed throughout the stadium looking to bust fans that are drunk, harassing other spectators, throwing items on the field or engaging in “behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal,” according to a statement by the team.

“We have great fans,” said Seahawks President Peter McLoughlin. “Our goal is to ensure a safe environment for all in attendance, including visiting team fans.”

The effort follows similar undercover operations at other stadiums, police said, as well as an NFL-wide crackdown on safety that includes a recent ban on carrying purses and backpacks into stadiums.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I had an awful experience with an idiot yesterday who was in front of me who needed two people to hold him going down the steps to his seat because he was so blitzed before the game. the Bills text line and my usher were completely worthless, this guy fell twice, kept falling back into me and also grabbed my girlfriends leg a few times. He was seconds away from getting beat down in those seats, but I'm not going to lose my tickets and get arrested because of some drunk idiot. The guest services yesterday were a complete let down.

It happens at all stadiums, not just the ralph.

I was in section 118 and saw a Lady Panthers fan get punched in the face trying to defend her boyfriend.

Some real cowards out there.

It happens at some stadiums. Not all.

I've been to many stadiums where NOTHING like this happens.

I was in section 118 and saw a Lady Panthers fan get punched in the face trying to defend her boyfriend.

just because you didn't see it happen doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The poster is right. It happens IN ALL STADIUMS!!!

I'm betting if your sitting in the JKClub or VM seats yiu wouldn't see any if it. Doesn't mean the Ralph isn't littered with it.

I've been to many away games myself and can tell you I've seen it everywhere. Except SD. They were very very well behaved there when the Chargers out a whooping on the Bills like 42-7 back in 05 (I think)

I was informed that buffalo fans are the second worse in behavior in the NFL. Only "beat out" by Raider fans. Yestserday, fans were at the gate with open bottles ( not allowed), people were carrying drinks into the fieldhouse (not allowed), not to mention drunks being let into the game. I noticed security were watching the game. Meanwhile, the good people are being punished by these rules that are not enforced. Bildd organization should put our money where their mouth is.

You can always try to tell security what is going on. If several people corroborate the story they might believe you. There is also a phone # you can call for fan services. You can tell them as well. I agree it's stupid to toss both groups out when only one side is being an a--hole.

PTR

You can always try to tell security what is going on. If several people corroborate the story they might believe you. There is also a phone # you can call for fan services. You can tell them as well. I agree it's stupid to toss both groups out when only one side is being an a--hole.

PTR

See my above post, they were absolutely worthless yesterday. It was ridiculous, this guy was touching my girlfriend and they look at me like i'm the one doing something wrong by reporting it.

just because you didn't see it happen doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The poster is right. It happens IN ALL STADIUMS!!!

I'm betting if your sitting in the JKClub or VM seats yiu wouldn't see any if it. Doesn't mean the Ralph isn't littered with it.

I've been to many away games myself and can tell you I've seen it everywhere. Except SD. They were very very well behaved there when the Chargers out a whooping on the Bills like 42-7 back in 05 (I think)

It's pretty easy to see a militia of yellow shirted men running down an aisle to stop a fight.

But I suppose youre right -there could have been secret fights at other stadiums.

I was informed that buffalo fans are the second worse in behavior in the NFL. Only "beat out" by Raider fans. Yestserday, fans were at the gate with open bottles ( not allowed), people were carrying drinks into the fieldhouse (not allowed), not to mention drunks being let into the game. I noticed security were watching the game. Meanwhile, the good people are being punished by these rules that are not enforced. Bildd organization should put our money where their mouth is.

The worst fans have to be Eagle's fans.....absolute moron's....and mean spirited....

What happens at your favorite team's stadium?

I was at the last Bills game in Denver and it was not much better. While I probably deserved it while celebrating the Bills victory, I had a number of beer cans and bottles thrown in my direction.

I have also seen the Bills play in AZ and SD and the experience was pleasant.

I was at that game. I can assure you, the chargers fans in my section were not well behaved.

What happens at your favorite team's stadium?

ha!

The problem is there has been a culture change over the years where the Buffalo crowd went from a hard drinking blue collar crowd to a hard drinking college kid crowd and there is a drastic difference between those two groups and how they behave themselves

I agree. I've been going to one Raider game a year since I moved up here 5 years ago. And even though they are a bunch of whack jobs in their Raider Nation garb most of them are older guys who know how to control themselves. I've not seen anything get out of hand.

I agree. I've been going to one Raider game a year since I moved up here 5 years ago. And even though they are a bunch of whack jobs in their Raider Nation garb most of them are older guys who know how to control themselves. I've not seen anything get out of hand.

Its sad because it almost seems like a complete transformation has been completed these days. I remember in the early 2000's things were starting to change and more and more younger kids were coming to the games just to get drunk and act like idiots but now it almost seems like the majority of the crowd is that demographic. It pisses me off because it gives a bad name to the guys that know how to party and get rowdy while still being a respectable human being and are there for the FOOTBALL GAME.

Other stadiums have a number of people that are transplants to their city. No one moves to Buffalo, people plan visits home to see Bills games. They is a Bills Backers club in every city, I also question your behavior and actions in your 20s.

Was in Cleveland last year, didn't see any of that, actually saw decent families in the upper decks acting appropriately. Same with NE. I think there are some teams where the fans are morons and its for some reason accept and we're one, Philly seems to be another. Didn't renew this year, the stadium experience, lines getting in, and many fans make it tough to want to go for a full season. I like a beer now and then in the stands but $9 for a Blue Light is a joke. I was in Philly last week and caught a Phillies game and paid less for a Sam Adams. I went to the opener and didn't go yesterday and I have to say, enjoying the morning of a home game actually at home and enjoying the game from my couch drinking a few from a $9 six pack was very very enjoyable. The win helped too!

Its sad because it almost seems like a complete transformation has been completed these days. I remember in the early 2000's things were starting to change and more and more younger kids were coming to the games just to get drunk and act like idiots but now it almost seems like the majority of the crowd is that demographic. It pisses me off because it gives a bad name to the guys that know how to party and get rowdy while still being a respectable human being and are there for the FOOTBALL GAME.

And most of the people I see at Raiders games are older guys in their 40's and 50's and don't notice a lot of college aged kids. Not sure why that is.

PTR

It is impossible to call fan services during game. There should be a text number available if they truly want reports.

I was in the Bills Backer nose bleed section Labor Day weekend in '98. A couple hooligans harrassed us big time. That being said SD is a great town and place to watch a game, Saw the blowout in '05 but didn't want to watch another beating a couple years ago.

This isn't necessarily new behavior--I remember my father and I having to tell a drunk, obnoxious Bills fan to shove off after he was harassing a nice couple from WI about 15 years ago at a Bills-Packers game. Ironically, the worst I've been treated at an away game was by a Packer fan I sat next to during our butt-kicking at Lambeau a few years ago. The guy was completely hammered, more than a bit hostile (until they started kicking our arse), and just got drunker as the day wore on, sucking vodka soaked cherries. Scary part is that he was a nuclear plant operator....

In 2005 @ Oakland... We were riding back to South Frisco on the BART after the game. A father was telling us the story of some deranged Oakland fan that was going off (screaming and yelling and inch away from his face) on a little kid wearing a Moulds jersey... To the other Oakland fans credit, they immediately jumped on the deranged guys butt and started beating him until security came and hauled him away!

Anyway... It is all about the drink... Alcohol is the key factor here and @ every venue.

I live in St. Louis, but grew up a die-hard Bills fan. I've been to numerous Rams games, along with close trips to Kansas City and Indianapolis. Never seen a problem at any of them. Two years ago, I made my first trip to Ralph Wilson stadium to see my first Bills home game. It was an absolute embarrassment. Drunken idiots everywhere. At least 2 or 3 fights in my general vicinity. It completely changed my opinion about our "great" fan base.

The worst fans have to be Eagle's fans.....absolute moron's....and mean spirited....

"The highlight of my career came in Philadelphia's Connie Mack Stadium when I saw a man fall out of the upper deck. When he got up and walked away, the crowd booed." - Bob Uecker

There's !@#$s everywhere...but only in Philly (and Yankees Stadium) do they reach a synergistic critical mass.

You sat next to Homer Simpson?

Or dog.

I have not yet seen this happen in cowboy stadium which leaves me to believe one way to stop this behavior is to dramatically raise ticket prices. You would then get a different demographic attending the game.

Edited by fan_in_tx

It is impossible to call fan services during game. There should be a text number available if they truly want reports.

Seriously? You did not see all the signs they have in the stadium, and game day program....

Fans can report Code of Conduct violations by texting BILLS <space> followed by the location and description of the issue to 69050

I have not yet seen this happen in cowboy stadium which leaves me to believe one way to stop this behavior is to dramatically raise ticket prices. You would then get a different demographic attending the game.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. The only problem is, Buffalo's relatively small and poor fanbase doesn't give the Bills the luxury of increasing their price points. In fact, other threads have stated the Bills are offering discounts on many of the remaining games, essentially guaranteeing mayhem all season.

Seriously? You did not see all the signs they have in the stadium, and game day program....

Jack, my girlfriend and I both reported the same falling down drunk who kept touching her and falling back into me. we notified an usher before the national anthem, we each sent texts to the number and nothing was done. we notified the usher in the 3rd quarter guy was about to puke and his response? " well that sucks". completely unacceptable.