Bills, Wood reach extension

eball

What the hell was this front office thinking? Were they all sitting around in a circle? Jerks. They go and use up valuable cap space that could be used to sign castoff DBs on what? A player that if he's upright for more than 4 hours you need to call the doctor? That's it! I give up!

Kidding! Way to go weird fat kid from Bad Santa!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, this is BIG news. Extending Wood now is very important, because in a few years he will be much older, and will be practically unable to extend and likely will be a much poor performer. It was a long, hard road to extend Wood, but, as Bills' fans, we should be glad that the organization is about pointing onward and upward into the future.

Here we go again. Here comes the onslaught of the same tedious "Wood" puns that weren't funny three days ago when the same fixated eighth graders had at it.

Oh snap! The "we let good players walk" crowd won't like reading this.

Read it twice & didn't see anything saying they had reached an extension saw a lot about they are CLOSE TO one but as of now it's not reached so what is your sorce ?? Is this Buddy ???

Oh snap! The "we let good players walk" crowd won't like reading this.

In their defense, if you ignore all the good players the Bills have re-signed (Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson, Kraig Urbik, etc) then we do in fact let all our good players walk.

Here we go again. Here comes the onslaught of the same tedious "Wood" puns that weren't funny three days ago when the same fixated eighth graders had at it.

Somewhere in this post is a veiled attempt at potty humor. Onslaught... tedious... puns... fixated... "Wood"... I can't quite put my... let's go with finger... on it, but I can sense it. What're you hiding, alias. Go ahead and let out with a good poop joke... you know you want to.

Read it twice & didn't see anything saying they had reached an extension saw a lot about they are CLOSE TO one but as of now it's not reached so what is your sorce ?? Is this Buddy ???

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia

League source confirms @RapSheet's report that the #Bills and C Eric Wood have agreed on a contract extension. No numbers yet.

In their defense, if you ignore all the good players the Bills have re-signed (Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson, Kraig Urbik, etc) then we do in fact let all our good players walk.

That's a good point, and people always seem to forget that. It boggles my mind. They always, always, always let all the good players go except the ones they don't, and those shouldn't count anyway.

Well, we typically ignore all the good plays and consider only the bad ones when evaluating our players, so I don't see why this judgement should be any different.

Woods just tweeted he has a big announcement coming up.

He then limped off to meet with the foot doctor (Credit Rich Gensler for the joke).

He really did tweet about the big announcement though.

Wonder if Byrd will be there for his big announcement?

@buffalobills

UPDATED (w/ comment from @RussBrandon): #Bills sign @ewood70 to extension http://ow.ly/21YcPf

@buffalobills

Wood: "All along I knew I wanted to stay here. I would never want to leave here and watch them make the playoffs without me"

@buffalobills

Wood on #Buffalo: Blue-collar town, good people, good food

@buffalobills

Wood: "This organization has stuck by me in some of the toughest times of my life."

@buffalobills

UPDATED (w/ comment from @RussBrandon): #Bills sign @ewood70 to extension http://ow.ly/21YcPf

@buffalobills

Wood: "All along I knew I wanted to stay here. I would never want to leave here and watch them make the playoffs without me"

@buffalobills

@buffalobills

Wood: "This organization has stuck by me in some of the toughest times of my life."

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

@buffalobills

@buffalobills

@buffalobills

@buffalobills

thanks 26. You always seem to compile good stuff. Aside from that...this is great news for the Bills. Who didn't expect the "Wood situation" to hang over us all year/offseason?

thanks 26. You always seem to compile good stuff. Aside from that...this is great news for the Bills. Who didn't expect the "Wood situation" to hang over us all year/offseason?

You're very welcome. It is good news indeed that we have one less issue of concern going into this season.

Who? Those of us who realize guys like Levitre and Byrd had already made up their minds they would only settle for top dollar. Quotes like "I didn't want to leave and see them make the playoffs" make Wood my favorite Bill.

Who? Those of us who realize guys like Levitre and Byrd had already made up their minds they would only settle for top dollar. Quotes like "I didn't want to leave and see them make the playoffs" make Wood my favorite Bill.

It's hard to say re: negotiations of other players but your comment about Woods is spot on. Him saying that sort of stuff certainly is endearing to fans. Either way...great day for the Bills and fans.

Ditto.

Guys like Wood and Stevie are proud to play for Buffalo. You can not discount the effect this has. This is a nice counter message to Byrd. Even Levitre did not seem to embrace being a Bill all the way through. Wood ever since the draft has been a big time mouth piece for how great the town and franchise is. Perfect fit for both the Bills and Wood.

Ditto.

Guys like Wood and Stevie are proud to play for Buffalo. You can not discount the effect this has. This is a nice counter message to Byrd. Even Levitre did not seem to embrace being a Bill all the way through. Wood ever since the draft has been a big time mouth piece for how great the town and franchise is. Perfect fit for both the Bills and Wood.

While I agree it is great to hear Stevie and Wood say what they did and want to stay in Buffalo and see their actions back their words, Stevie got a pretty good contract, and I will bet anyone that Wood's is favorable, too, especially because of his injury history. Byrd, on the other hand, has a legitimate argument to be the highest paid safety in the league, and the Bills were not even close to that figure. He feels, probably rightfully, that they undervalue him substantially. Wood and Stevie feel like they got about what they deserve and they probably did. If Stevie or Wood had a legitimate argument to be the highest paid WR or C in the league, it would not have come down like this in all likelihood.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Great news. This is the perfect type of player we want representing the team. If he can stay healthy he can be one of the best line anchors in the league. Will be exciting to watch him and EJ work together for years

Just edited thread topic since the deal is apparently done. I hope this at least calls into question the thought by some that the Bills didn't try to reach out to Levitre or Byrd prior to their "walk year."

By the way -- breaking your leg or having your knee twisted doesn't make a guy "injury prone."

No but breaking your leg AND blowing out your ACL while slowing to a jog at the end of a play AND then the next season badly twisting your knee, missing more games and then narrowly avoiding a third season ending trip to the IR by coming back and playing terribly in a meaningless week 17 game.............probably indicates that you aren't what would qualify as "durable goods".

I am not against this deal by any means, when healthy he can win matchups.....something which a guy like Kelsay could not. The Bills are absolutely flush with cap space and they really don't need to be making even more holes by not re-signing good players. The truth is that Urbik and Colin Brown can both sub in capably for a few games if Wood goes down so they actually increase the value wrt retaining Wood. Now if they could turn back the clock and ink Levitre instead of sitting on that $25M or so in cap space they have left.

But with Wood, let's not DOWNPLAY the fact that he hasn't been a finisher..... coffee is for closers.....and with the intent being to be playing into week 22 at some point I'd like to see him at least finish week 17 in usable condition, unlike last year and the year before that with his knee injuries.

No but breaking your leg AND blowing out your ACL while slowing to a jog at the end of a play AND then the next season badly twisting your knee, missing more games and then narrowly avoiding a third season ending trip to the IR by coming back and playing terribly in a meaningless week 17 game.............probably indicates that you aren't what would qualify as "durable goods".

I am not against this deal by any means, when healthy he can win matchups.....something which a guy like Kelsay could not. The Bills are absolutely flush with cap space and they really don't need to be making even more holes by not re-signing good players. The truth is that Urbik and Colin Brown can both sub in capably for a few games if Wood goes down so they actually increase the value wrt retaining Wood. Now if they could turn back the clock and ink Levitre instead of sitting on that $25M or so in cap space they have left.

But with Wood, let's not DOWNPLAY the fact that he hasn't been a finisher..... coffee is for closers.....and with the intent being to be playing into week 22 at some point I'd like to see him at least finish week 17 in usable condition, unlike last year and the year before that with his knee injuries.

Fine, but those injuries were unrelated flukes...

While I agree it is great to hear Stevie and Wood say what they did and want to stay in Buffalo and see their actions back their words, Stevie got a pretty good contract, and I will bet anyone that Wood's is favorable, too, especially because of his injury history. Byrd, on the other hand, has a legitimate argument to be the highest paid safety in the league, and the Bills were not even close to that figure. He feels, probably rightfully, that they undervalue him substantially. Wood and Stevie feel like they got about what they deserve and they probably did. If Stevie or Wood had a legitimate argument to be the highest paid WR or C in the league, it would not have come down like this in all likelihood.

Eloquently put. It is all relative.

Somebody posted in the "players cut" thread that it was a shame that players that wanted to be in Buffalo were being cut in favor of keeping guys who don't want to be in Buffalo(Byrd presumably).

The problem with that logic is that the guys who don't want to be in Buffalo are the ones with better options....ie.....THE REALLY GOOD ONES. :thumbsup:

When someone else falls on top of you and rolls your leg, you really can't be blamed for anything.

Unless Wood doesn't drink enough milk.

Fine, but those injuries were unrelated flukes...

Maybe, but it sure is concidental that all 3 are leg injuries.

Leg injuries that you can't put weight on for an extending period of time and then get favored..........they can lead to all sorts of problems with other parts of the legs, hips and even the back.

When someone else falls on top of you and rolls your leg, you really can't be blamed for anything.

Unless Wood doesn't drink enough milk.

What do they say about your record in the NFL? I forget.