Da'Rick Rogers - WR - UDFA

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We now have 2 WR's with world class speed and a QB who can actually hit them in stride on a go route. That, my friends, is a beautiful thing :thumbsup:

Defenses will no longer be able to stack the box against this offense. Glad I kept CJ Spiller in my keeper league because he's going to have one hell of a season.

Said the same thing in the other thread. Get someone to take him under their wing and help him mature and he could be this years Burfict

Stevie seems like hed be a great one to take a problem kid and show him the path. I am frankly ok the bills have departed from a boys scouts only club. Part of the coaches job is to turn these boys into their kind of men.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

People were mad about losing Donald Jones? I think,at worst, we were worried about depth. I still think they may have been hasty with Nelson, but now depth doesn't seem to be a problem. For once.

If Nelson had been picked up by team other than the Browns, who are desperate for wide receivers, I might agree with you that it was a mistake by the Bills. But I doubt it was hasty, since they had a chance to evaluate before letting him go. And I think he just wasn't the kind of guy that the new coaches wanted, while the injury also probably worried them.

Edited by Doc

How does the process for signing UDFAs work? Was there any indication that teams were fighting over signing Rogers? The Bills can't be the only team to recognize his talent and be willing to deal with his off-field issues. I'm just curious about the mechanics of how he ended up with us. Thanks.

How does the process for signing UDFAs work? Was there any indication that teams were fighting over signing Rogers? The Bills can't be the only team to recognize his talent and be willing to deal with his off-field issues. I'm just curious about the mechanics of how he ended up with us. Thanks.

Brandon was quoted as saying that the UDFA process is like "Wall Street trading" yesterday. So I am sure there is a lot of negotiations and recruiting going on behind the scenes.

Brandon was quoted as saying that the UDFA process is like "Wall Street trading" yesterday. So I am sure there is a lot of negotiations and recruiting going on behind the scenes.

The madness starts before the draft ends with calls to the agents. The Bills were smart to get Rogers in to OBD for a pre-draft visit.

I have no issues at all with the pickup and seems like the guy has a ton of talent, but are we getting a little ahead of ourselves saying this guy is the next big thing and a day-one starter? People with character issues get drafted all the time, but this guy had 32 teams pass on him x 7 rounds (including the Bills passing on him 8 times). So if he's such an amazing talent, why wasn't he taken?

It can't *just* be character because thugs, idiots and potheads get drafted all the time in this league...

Assuming Da'Rick (I like writing that) turns out to be something, I can't see both TJ and Goodwin making this team. Maybe keep TJ and place Goodwin on the PS. And the Easley experiment is probably over too.

Thrid rounder and PS... lol He'd be snatched right up.

Must've been a wreck in interviews and such....

Still as a 7th/UDFA I'd be ok with a shot. Don't think we carry 3 rookie WRs but he's had success against top sec corners that are now top nfl corners

Da-Wreck in the interview was his twin brother.

Wow- this regime seems different. With Rogers we're going to have at least 3-4 studs out there. I loved 2nd round pick, and Rogers might even be the third over our speedsters. Can you imagine if this tight end pick ends up being the athletic star like the studs at NE.

I finally feel really good after a draft.

Also, I like that when the Bills make a move that TBD likes it was Whaley and when it's something they don't like, it was Nix.

I have noticed that as well. Make no mistake, Buddy is in charge.

CBS sportsline's NFL Draft Scout.com said Da'Rick Rogers could be the best WR in this draft class!!! And a Pro-Bowler if he keeps his head on straight! We just added a UDFA that is the most talented WR on this roster. A "virtual Julio Jones clone".

OR..... the next Travis Henry off the field!

Either way, no risk, as UDFA, was brilliant move.

1 thing is for certain, we will not lack explosiveness on offense anymore!

EJ/ Kolb (if they start him at beginning of year) just got some fun new toys to play with!

If Nelson had been picked up by team other than the Browns, who are desperate for wide receivers, I might agree with you that it was a mistake by the Bills. But I doubt it was hasty, since they had a chance to evaluate before letting him go. And I think he just wasn't the kind of guy that the new coaches wanted, while the injury also probably worried them.

After seeing the draft, its clear why they did not keep Nelson who at the time, i felt was an "odd" release due to his size and strong hands.

This coaching staff wants SPEED.

People were mad about losing Donald Jones? I think,at worst, we were worried about depth. I still think they may have been hasty with Nelson, but now depth doesn't seem to be a problem. For once.

Ding ding ding. I'm still not overly pleased at how many holes we forced ourselves to fill with rookies, but I'm hopeful that they'll work out. Hopefully this guy turns into a FJ type UDFA and not a Jasper type, heh. (Or wait, was Jasper drafted? I forget)

Edited by Dorkington

So if he's such an amazing talent, why wasn't he taken?

It can't *just* be character because thugs, idiots and potheads get drafted all the time in this league...

This morning I watched Game Changers on NFL Network and they had 5 of the top WRs being grilled (this was pre-draft) by Michael Irvin and Steve Mariucci. Woods and Rogers were 2 of the 5, and I have to say Rogers came across as kind of a douche and definitely the most aloof. He was wearing 2 massive fake diamond earrings while running patterns and when asked the question "What will you do for your 1st NFL game" he answered "I'm going to have my full swag on, girls in the stands, and sportin' the freshest kicks." Now, don't take that as an indictment of the man, but he came across as a guy more interested in the money, fame, status, and lifestyle that comes with playing in the NFL rather than winning games. To his credit, he did get into some football-speak and said he loves beating up DBs. Watch the replay when it's on next and you'll get what I mean, there are definitely issues with the guy that I can see teams running from (no way we take this guy in the Chan era).

By contrast, Woods was one cool customer and appeared to have a very football-focused demeanor. I still love the Rogers pick and think it will very interesting to watch how our new coaches handle this guy.

Watch the replay when it's on next and you'll get what I mean, there are definitely issues with the guy that I can see teams running from (no way we take this guy in the Chan era).

By contrast, Woods was one cool customer and appeared to have a very football-focused demeanor. I still love the Rogers pick and think it will very interesting to watch how our new coaches handle this guy.

Here it is: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000153484/Game-Changers-The-Interview

Cordarrelle Patterson said he's looking forward to playing against Gilmore the most. Did they go to school together or play against each other in college? Just thought it was a weird statement.

Yeah, Patterson's from Rock Hill, SC so he must have played against Gilmore a lot in high school...

As to the NFLN interview, it's interesting that Woods and Rogers have been working out together and will arrive as teammates with some level of communication (friendship?) in place. Woods seems like a mature, professional kid who could be a great influence on Da'Rick and help keep him focused when the $$$ start coming in...

Edited by Lurker

Nice, thanks for the link.

Cordarrelle Patterson said he's looking forward to playing against Gilmore the most. Did they go to school together or play against each other in college? Just thought it was a weird statement.

Patterson is from Rock Hill, South Carolina where Gilmore is from. They played against each other in high school I think. Rock Hill is one of those places where HS players move from all over the state to play ball there because the competition is so good and exposure so high.

Woods looked really modest as well as being confident. He was almost embarrassed to say he caught 12 passes as a freshman against Richard Sherman who was a senior. ;)

Stevie, TJ, Woods, Goodwin - On Team

Smith, Easley, Rogers - 3 WRs for 1 spot. Or maybe they keep 6 WRs.

They will keep 6 IMO. I think Easly will earn a spot in camp, call me crazy, but I just do. And Rogers has more upside than Smith and is cheaper, so think Rogers will be in assuming he can impress with smith the odd man out. If Rogers doesn't or becomes a problem, then we keep Smith.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Patterson is from Rock Hill, South Carolina where Gilmore is from. They played against each other in high school I think. Rock Hill is one of those places where HS players move from all over the state to play ball there because the competition is so good and exposure so high.

Woods looked really modest as well as being confident. He was almost embarrassed to say he caught 12 passes as a freshman against Richard Sherman who was a senior. ;)

Just wait until he does it again in the NFL, maybe the Superbowl?

I think this guy is going to be a star. He knows he screwed up, and this is his chance at redemption. He's a superior athlete with a desire to prove himself. I see big things happening from our receivers this year. Stevie, Robert, Rogers, Graham, Marquise, and the guy from UConn, in that order. Fast and furious. Watch out.

Wow, is this true? I live 20 minutes from downtown Rock Hill and have done a fair amount of work in that town and I am completely unaware of this. I'm not doubting you, but what do base this on? Which high school do they want to play for?

Edited by vincec